ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle results/discussion(day 1)

Rathjen down 3-1, starts on bottom 3rd period

Quick escape, 3-2

Chittum gets the td and the 5-2 win

Reyna on mat 7, scoreless thru 1

Odd... Reyna down 1-0(2-0 with rt) makes no attempt to score the final minute...

Last edited:
Ya not sure if I'm a fan of Reyna yet or not. Seems to whine a lot. He did nothing to win that match.

Reactions: Gobblin
Reyna needed more urgency in that 3rd period, didn't attack nearly enough in the last minute.
I don't get it, he is very athletic and has shown he can hit shots but then he has matches like this where he just dances hoping for the perfect opening and it never comes. He needs make his offense not wait for it.

Ooooo.. O’Toole was stuck there right? Get the still frames going… ;) I’m mostly joking, and it wasn’t as bad as JE’s, but it was fitting that he’s from Mizzou. That was a little close. That said, I still hate non-control falls no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaybird319
I don't get it, he is very athletic and has shown he can hit shots but then he has matches like this where he just dances hoping for the perfect opening and it never comes. He needs make his offense not wait for it.
Agree. Too timid, not physical enough, and not mentally tough. That last opponent broke him with a tough ride, and Reyna went out with a whimper and a shrug.

Agree. Too timid, not physical enough, and not mentally tough. That last opponent broke him with a tough ride, and Reyna went out with a whimper and a shrug.
He can’t get to the legs against decent competition. He’s good at rolling around, and might occasionally beat a decent guy doing just that, but he doesn’t have a skill set for repeatable success.

Swafford tied up at 4 going into 3rd period. He will start down

Gets the reversal up 6-4

Escape for Wills, but quick td for Swafford.

Gives up stall point, but now has rt

Escape wills 8-7 swaff

Long scramble at the end, no points. Swafford 9-7 winner.

Fun match

Gets the reversal up 6-4

Escape wills 8-7 swaff

Fun match
M* was pissed about that stall call, lighting up the ref the rest of the match and after. Was a really bad call.

Gets the reversal up 6-4

Escape wills 8-7 swaff

Fun match
That ref should be tarred and feathered! What atrocious reffing there. He was literally trying to gift the other kid the match! Star was HOT!

Gets the reversal up 6-4

Escape wills 8-7 swaff

Fun match
M* was not happy with a couple calls in this… It was cool to see him have my bro’s back the way he did. Thought we had near fall and thought the stalling calls were bogus.

Gets the reversal up 6-4

Escape wills 8-7 swaff

Fun match
Nice win there. I know Triston’s parents and his brother, good people

QF matchups (so far):
125- Ayala vs #12 Surtin from Mizzou
133- Schriever vs #Spann from Buffalo
141- Henson vs #15 Hart from Mizzou
165- Kennedy vs #13 Hall from Mizzou
174- Swafford vs Habisch from NDSt

Reactions: HawkFan1986
M* was not happy with a couple calls in this… It was cool to see him have my bro’s back the way he did. Thought we had near fall and thought the stalling calls were bogus.
He did have near fall, at least a two count. Brennan go out and up violently. Heard the ref say he wasn’t at 45 degrees…he’s right he wasn’t, he was further than 45. No idea how he didn’t get two swipes there.

These guys spent some time working out together so I imagine Chittum learned how to sit the corner off of Rathjen's shots. I think this finishing was an issue at Fargo IIRC. He'll learn and get there.
Yep… Rathjen, Chittum, Avila, B-Swaff, Riggins and the Martinson twins all worked with each other quite a bit during camps last summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT