ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke with an Indiana coach

Stop being stupid. I don't know anything about the IU board, but if a bunch of us went over there and took turns trolling in the same thread, it would stay on the front page and reach several hundred posts.

1-Uncontrollable-Laughter-Gif.gif
Unlikely, because the IU posters would lose interest...unlike your obsessed crew.

I assume you fine folks will still be here trying to convince IU fans that you don't care or ever think about them... so sure. You are the Football version of UK fan.
It is a Hawkeye fan site so we Hawk fans tend to discuss Hawkeye things here. We only discuss IN insofar as how it relates to Iowa. You will be welcome to come back for your serving of humble pie after your team gets kicked around.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
It is a Hawkeye fan site so we Hawk fans tend to discuss Hawkeye things here. We only discuss IN insofar as how it relates to Iowa. You will be welcome to come back for your serving of humble pie after your team gets kicked around.
Hmmm. So it appears Indiana is quite a "hawkeye thing" as you say.

Indiana has a very difficult scedule and will obviously have a target on their backs. Hopefully Penix can stay healthy this season, they were pretty banged up by the bowl game.

Recruiting continues to pick up from traditional "meh" days and Tom Allen seems to have the kids on task. The stadium renovation is beautiful and the AV systems are amazing.

I am not a fan of the league game opener but you play who you play. Don't know much about Iowa but see Athlon has you predicted as second behind Wisky in the JV division.

Looking forward to a challenging season.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

Indiana has a very difficult scedule and will obviously have a target on their backs. Hopefully Penix can stay healthy this season, they were pretty banged up by the bowl game.

Recruiting continues to pick up from traditional "meh" days and Tom Allen seems to have the kids on task. The stadium renovation is beautiful and the AV systems are amazing.

I am not a fan of the league game opener but you play who you play. Don't know much about Iowa but see Athlon has you predicted as second behind Wisky in the JV division.

What is Indiana football's record against the "JV" division over the past 5 years?

Good luck this year. You're going to need it!
🤣

Reactions: Hwk-I-St8
So between their last game and their bowl game, they REALLY started loving each other. So much so that they covered up the B1G logo with the bowl patch and with their LEO logo on their helmet.

usa_today_15272368.jpg

USATSI_15388389-2.jpg
You left out the part where the Big Ten changed the rules, took the Big Ten championship game away from Indiana and gave it to the Suckeyes.

We got a reason to play them this year too.

• Haha
The past, she wears no number
The past, she has no game
At 2:30 on September 4
You will learn our current name.

Kinnick won't be playing
Long will not be there
Pink will not affect us
The past? She will not care.

Penix will be awesome
Our defense will disrupt
If you can't stand up to greatness
Stay home and feed your pup

Coach Allen is a master
At making men from boys
He doesn't hear your witless slurs
To him it's all just noise

He has a higher calling
But he coaches like a champ
By evenin' on September 4
You'll wear a LEO stamp

See ya at the yard.
Bring your best.
tenor.gif

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
You left out the part where the Big Ten changed the rules, took the Big Ten championship game away from Indiana and gave it to the Suckeyes.

Good luck with that. I remember you playing them last year, too. You lost like you will this year. OSU was head-and-shoulders above every team in the conference last year. You Indiana trolls are kindred spirits with the Clown fans that frequent this forum

If you would have beat them, there would have been no way they do that. But you didn't, and somehow believe you deserved it instead of the team that beat you, based on some weird technicality.

I'd be embarrassed if our coach threw a tantrum like yours did if we were in the exact same position. You had your shot, you lost, move on.

Indiana fans and ISU fans are so similar...both have delusions of grandeur after moderate success and unreasonably high rankings during a strange pandemic year.

I suspect both are gonna get a dose of reality this fall.

Indiana fans and ISU fans are so similar...both have delusions of grandeur after moderate success and unreasonably high rankings during a strange pandemic year.

I suspect both are gonna get a dose of reality this fall.
We shall see. IU has a tough schedule and will clearly have a target on their backs.

We are condiering making the five-hour trip for the opener.

Recruiting is going very well BTW.

Nah. Indiana was a pretty young team last season and was still good. Having a 3-4 week Covid layoff and injury attrition really hurt them in the Bowl Game. They’re even more experienced, more explosive, and more talented, than they were last season. Iowa’s gameplan better be to try to grind it out. Because if they try to get into a track meet, they’ll get throttled.

• Haha
Nah. Indiana was a pretty young team last season and was still good. Having a 3-4 week Covid layoff and injury attrition really hurt them in the Bowl Game. They’re even more experienced, more explosive, and more talented, than they were last season. Iowa’s gameplan better be to try to grind it out. Because if they try to get into a track meet, they’ll get throttled.
Oh, the ignorant guy is back.

giphy.gif

What is Indiana football's record against the "JV" division over the past 5 years?

Good luck this year. You're going to need it!
🤣
Still waiting...
🙂

Excuses are like...well, you know...they all stink...

As far as be in a track meet, Mr Goodson and Mr. Tracy are going to run all over your "track" speed.

Dont count on it. Iowa has beaten ISU five straight games. Their losers live here making excuses for their failures and guaranteeing how things will be different THIS YEAR.
But that's an actual rival. Unlike IU fans who finally figured out there's a sport called football. Even more amazing to them is they have a team that plays this sport.

Geesh. If you're going to troll, at least try to be creative. Iowa regularly plays and frequently beats teams a lot faster, experienced and talented than Indiana and hasn't been "throttled" since the OSU hangover at Wisconsin in '17. Come back down to earth, for crying out loud...

You were dogging on Iowa's record. You think that IN is suddenly going to become great. You have zero credibility. Plain enough?
1. I did not "dog on Iowa's record"
2. I do not think IU will suddenly become great...I hope they become suddenly upper half of the BIG and win some big games
3. I actually have a lot of credibility

So no...you comments were not "plain"...simply incorrect.

1. I did not "dog on Iowa's record"
2. I do not think IU will suddenly become great...I hope they become suddenly upper half of the BIG and win some big games
3. I actually have a lot of credibility

So no...you comments were not "plain"...simply incorrect.
1. You put down the West, insinuating that Iowa plays in a lesser division.

2. UI has been historically bad in football. The fluke that was last year was aided by a once-in-a-lifetime (🤞) pandemic. Even imagining that somehow it indicates a trend is laughable.

3. You are an IN fan talking smack on another team's site. What makes you think that you would have ANY credibility here?

If you want to talk about how the game will go this fall, remember that IN will be playing in an opponent's sold-out stadium. Have a little respect. It's not a place where your team has won very often.

Good luck.

2. UI has been historically bad in football. The fluke that was last year was aided by a once-in-a-lifetime (🤞) pandemic. Even imagining that somehow it indicates a trend is laughable.

3. You are an IN fan talking smack on another team's site. What makes you think that you would have ANY credibility here?

If you want to talk about how the game will go this fall, remember that IN will be playing in an opponent's sold-out stadium. Have a little respect. It's not a place where your team has won very often.

Good luck.
1. Iowa DOES play in the lesser division...no one with a shred of objectivity would say otherwise.
2. We shall see. The team is deeper with more highly saught after talent than ever before and is led by a good coach. To say it is "laughable" that it might be the start of an improvement means you must have inside information.
3. "Smack" is a stretch...a big one. I never said i have credibility here, but i assure you I am satisfied with my knowledge and capabilities.
4. IU has a very tough schedule and they will be playing with a target on their backs. That schedule starts in Iowa where the stakes are high and the competition will be tough.

You seem to read a lot more into posts than is there. Very defensive.

As a parent who experienced the horror of a very sick baby, I look forward to doing the wave to the children's hospital if we decide to run over for the game.

1. Iowa DOES play in the lesser division...no one with a shred of objectivity would say otherwise.
2. We shall see. The team is deeper with more highly saught after talent than ever before and is led by a good coach. To say it is "laughable" that it might be the start of an improvement means you must have inside information.
3. "Smack" is a stretch...a big one. I never said i have credibility here, but i assure you I am satisfied with my knowledge and capabilities.
4. IU has a very tough schedule and they will be playing with a target on their backs. That schedule starts in Iowa where the stakes are high and the competition will be tough.

You seem to read a lot more into posts than is there. Very defensive.

As a parent who experienced the horror of a very sick baby, I look forward to doing the wave to the children's hospital if we decide to run over for the game.
Your last statement aside, I respectfully disagree.

Sorry to hear about your child. The hospital here is one of the great things about the University of Iowa.

So a little over half care enough to go? Not sure I would broadcast that fact to show the ‘support’ for the program.
That is the history, I have never tried to BS otherwise. That said, if the product on the field continues to improve those %s will change. Iowa fans can attest to better play resulting in more fans in the stands.

Your last statement aside, I respectfully disagree.

Sorry to hear about your child. The hospital here is one of the great things about the University of Iowa.
Thanks, a very happy ending as a hospital like the one in Iowa City saved an infant who is now a college graduate and a pain in my ass.

I am not sure how you disagree that IU has a tough schedule or that the team is deeper with more highly ranked recruits than ever before. That data is easily retrieved if you are ever interested.

You mean a normal break before a bowl game?

It's okay to admit your team laid a huge turd in the bowl game. It happens.
Turd? We lost to the #1 offense in college football by 6 points. And we had a lot of attrition. Especially offensively.

Good luck.
Well, we were 8-4 the year before Covid. So apparently it’s a trend.

I’ve seen many good Iowa teams struggle with mediocre Indiana teams. I wonder what will happen now that they’ll have to play really good ones?

• Haha
Well, we were 8-4 the year before Covid. So apparently it’s a trend.

I’ve seen many good Iowa teams struggle with mediocre Indiana teams. I wonder what will happen now that they’ll have to play really good ones?
Two years of winning is as short of a streak as is possible. I guess you have to take your kudos where you can. Congrats!

Last edited:
Turd? We lost to the #1 offense in college football by 6 points. And we had a lot of attrition. Especially offensively.
*14th in scoring, 3rd in yards.

Conversely, they had one of the worst defenses in the country, and certainly the worst in the P5, clocking in 117th and 125th out of 127 in scoring and total defense, respectively. And you guys had to fight and claw to put 20 on them

That's a turd laying.

• Haha
That is the history, I have never tried to BS otherwise. That said, if the product on the field continues to improve those %s will change. Iowa fans can attest to better play resulting in more fans in the stands.
I think that happens with any program. Some programs aren’t as apathetic as the IU fans have been.

I’ve been to every IOWA v IU game for the last 12 years. My wife is a proud Indiana alum, but the football culture in IU is by far the worst in the conference. I commend Tom Allen for bringing them back to respectable, but it is their fan base that needs to change more then their coaches, players, etc. Bloomington is an awful football environment and the B1G is overjoyed with this game being in IC.

Tailgating in the field in Bloomington with the big trees is fun, but when they get to Melrose, tailgate at houses, and participate in The Wave, each person I have brought from Indiana have said “this is college football”.

May the best team win! On Iowa, Go Hawks!!

I lived in Indiana for 15 years and football is very much an after thought to basketball there. They are lucky to fill half of the stadium on a home Saturday, but it is close to impossible to get a basketball ticket unless you know someone. Their athletic director prayed for games with teams such as Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Ohio State to get a lot more revenue from home football games. Their football has been terrible for years, but lately has shown some life. Their football history is pale in comparison to Iowa's. I can tell you that all of my friends in Indiana would agree with that statement.

I think that happens with any program. Some programs aren’t as apathetic as the IU fans have been.
There is some truth to this.

In Btown Football is a social event in an amazing college town in the fall. The tailgate scene is something to see..

Basketball OTOH is a religious even when it is freezing balls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT