ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Playoffs

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
Colorado got a hat trick from Nathan MacKinnon to beat Nashville in the final game of the regular season and edge past Dallas for the Central Division title. So the first round pairings are now set.

Who you got?

Eastern Conference

Boston vs Florida
Toronto vs Tampa Bay
Carolina vs NY Islanders
New Jersey vs NY Rangers

Western Conference

Colorado vs Seattle
Dallas vs Minnesota
Vegas vs Winnipeg
Edmonton vs Los Angeles

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Landeskog out for the playoffs for the Avalanche stinks. However, he is has been out all season and they still managed the 1 seed. Rolling with the avalanche for the repeat Simply because I’m an avs fan. Unfortunately, bruins are the best team in hockey this year.

I know Boston has set records this year but the playoffs are a different animal. I seriously have no idea who will win this.

Going for the Oilers and McDavid. Best player in the game, not even close.

In the 60 day range of fun tv sports being on but plenty of the slow one that’s only good for about 10 days in October. Can’t wait for the pitchers and catchers depart day, radio dies during baseball season.

I know Boston has set records this year but the playoffs are a different animal. I seriously have no idea who will win this.

He’s simply on a different level than the rest of the world. And the Oilers have been playing exceptional defense down the stretch. They’ve given up just 6 goals in their last 7 games.

It might just be my Marchand hatred talking, but I don’t see Boston winning it all. They haven’t had to play a game under real pressure all season.

My guess is the Canes beat the Oilers to hoist the Cup.

Last edited:

He’s simply on a different level than the rest of the world. And the Oilers have been playing exceptional defense down the stretch. They’ve given up just 6 goals in their last 7 games.

It might just be my Marchand hatred talking, but I don’t see Boston winning it all. They haven’t had to play a game under real pressure all season.

My guess is the Canes beat the Oilers to hoist the Cup.

Mcdavid is incredible, but you guys are cutting Mackinnon short. Dude is intense as **** and a desire to win like I’ve never seen. Add in rantanen…. Obviously, I’m biased. Wish we still had kadri.

Anyway. Outside of the nfl playoffs. Best time of the year is upon us. Can’t wait.

Mcdavid is incredible, but you guys are cutting Mackinnon short. Dude is intense as **** and a desire to win like I’ve never seen. Add in rantanen…. Obviously, I’m biased. Wish we still had kadri.

Anyway. Outside of the nfl playoffs. Best time of the year is upon us. Can’t wait.
I don’t think anyone is selling MacKinnon short. He’s a great player. It’s just that McDavid is greater.

I’d love to see the Avs and Oilers meet in the Western Conference finals again. Hopefully it would last longer than 4 games this time.

Colorado got a hat trick from Nathan MacKinnon to beat Nashville in the final game of the regular season and edge past Dallas for the Central Division title. So the first round pairings are now set.

Who you got?

Eastern Conference

Boston vs Florida
Toronto vs Tampa Bay
Carolina vs NY Islanders
New Jersey vs NY Rangers

Western Conference

Colorado vs Seattle
Dallas vs Minnesota
Vegas vs Winnipeg
Edmonton vs Los Angeles
I'll fall back to knowing my betters and hating them. As we all know Hockey is about matchups. all over the Ice. Can the Bruins be "nasty" enough to prevail upon the Heat? Can and will the Maple Laffs match the grit the Lightning will bring

A month ago I thought the Kings were playing some great hockey and might be able to make a deep run. Since then Edmonton has been the best team that I've watched and I think the Kings are done in one.

I haven't watched a lot of Vegas so idk about them much. I would love to see the Wild make a run to the finals.

Funny but the best series on there may be nj/ny. I’m gonna go off the board for a ny/Edmonton final, with grigoriev or mcjesus for conn smythe

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is selling MacKinnon short. He’s a great player. It’s just that McDavid is greater.

I’d love to see the Avs and Oilers meet in the Western Conference finals again. Hopefully it would last longer than 4 games this time.
Makar shut McDavid down last year.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Makar shut McDavid down last year.
McDavid had 3 goals and 4 assists in 4 games. That’s not exactly shut down.

But that matchup is one reason that a rematch would be fantastic. The league’s best defenseman against the league’s best player.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
McDavid had 3 goals and 4 assists in 4 games. That’s not exactly shut down.

But that matchup is one reason that a rematch would be fantastic. The league’s best defenseman against the league’s best player.
3 goals in a series that saw 35 scored. For being one of the best scorers of all time, Cale absolutely shut his ass down.

Who you got?

Eastern Conference

Boston vs Florida
Toronto vs Tampa Bay
Carolina vs NY Islanders
New Jersey vs NY Rangers

Western Conference

Colorado vs Seattle
Dallas vs Minnesota
Vegas vs Winnipeg
Edmonton vs Los Angeles
Toronto goes on a deep run!

anigif_enhanced-30727-1481910161-2.gif

7 points in 4 games is being shut down? Ok.
Exactly. The only player in that series from either team who had more points was Makar (9). And the only player from either team who had more goals was Rantanen (4).

In a series that featured 35 goals in 4 games, evidently everyone got their ass shut down.

‘My bad on the 8 points. You can have McDavid. We’ll keep mackinnon and the Stanley cup.
You might not be keeping that cup much longer. The Avs didn’t beat the Oilers because McDavid didn’t provide enough scoring. The Avs won because Edmonton’s defense failed to slow down MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog. And because goalie Mike Smith was old and beat up.

Stuart Skinner has been one of the hottest goalies in the league down the stretch. If he keeps playing anywhere near the level he’s at right now, the Oilers are going to be a tough out.

You might not be keeping that cup much longer. The Avs didn’t beat the Oilers because McDavid didn’t provide enough scoring. The Avs won because Edmonton’s defense failed to slow down MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog. And because goalie Mike Smith was old and beat up.

Stuart Skinner has been one of the hottest goalies in the league down the stretch. If he keeps playing anywhere near the level he’s at right now, the Oilers are going to be a tough out.

Oh, make no mistake. The oilers are a damn good team. They are more than a tough out. They are a legit contender. As I said, I would actually be very pleasantly surprised if the avs repeat. Landeskog being out could prove detrimental. The avs have looked really sloppy at times this year. They can’t repeat playing like that.

As they say. We are fixin to find out. I, for one, can’t wait.

Reactions: TJ8869
Devils v Rangers I think will be a great series, looking forward to that one.

Blues sucked this year so looking for a team to root for

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Minnesota Dallas heading to overtime in what has been pretty damn entertaining.

LA just scored to make it 3-2. Good start to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Lol At Minnesota winning that game. They were completely outplayed both overtime periods. Think I might be the only one who saw it.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Go Leafs go!!

I am fully ready for another year of disappointment (would be the 56th year in a row).

These playoffs are going to be great. NHL post season puts NBA to shame. All 4 games last night were fun to watch. I know Toronto typically screws the pooch in the playoffs but I don't like the matchup for the Bolts this year. If we get 2021 Vasi we'll be fine but that's a lot to ask. I just hope someone can beat the Bruins and I would love to see an Avs-Oilers series again.

Let’s Go Blues. In Armstrong I trust.

This year I’m anyone but the Bruins … someone make Marchand cry again.
This. It sucks not having the Blues to cheer for. Guess I'll cheer for the Wild since their AHL team is here. And excel is a great place to watch a game.

But really as long as it's not Boston, I'm good. F*** Marchand.

Reactions: TJ8869
It's going to be a long, sleep deprived, two months if that is how the SC Playoffs are going to be every night.

Reactions: DooBi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT