ADVERTISEMENT

Starocci Offered $1.25 Million to Wrestle for PSU Next Year

Uh, not sure what everyone is smoking??? You are going to pay someone, in WRESTLING $400K!?!?!? there is NO return on this investment!!!

What are ALL the others getting then? Between the entire F*** st program, club and college, you would have what, a 2-3 million dollar payroll in a NON-revenue sport!?!?!

OK, if you have a Billionaire who has nothing better to do with his cash!?!?!? Most though want something in return, even if it is sitting at a huge college Football stadium with a luxury box etc....

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Uh, not sure what everyone is smoking??? You are going to pay someone, in WRESTLING $400K!?!?!? there is NO return on this investment!!!

What are ALL the others getting then? Between the entire F*** st program, club and college, you would have what, a 2-3 million dollar payroll in a NON-revenue sport!?!?!

OK, if you have a Billionaire who has nothing better to do with his cash!?!?!? Most though want something in return, even if it is sitting at a huge college Football stadium with a luxury box etc....
The return is your favorite school continues to dominate your most hated rival(s).

Reactions: USPMAN and el dub
There was a time where one couldn't even be a 4 timer at those things, yet when they allowed it, the world didn't end.

Redshirting is too complex and also an outdated concept. It's nonsensical. Eliminate redshirting and make 5 standard with no extra years.
I never said the world was going to end. I said I'm not in favor of it.
The majority of incoming freshmen want and need a redshirt year.
There are some who are ready to compete right away, but they are the minority.
4 years of competition, that's it.

Reactions: el dub

Says the guy who clearly doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together, let alone $400K.

I never said the world was going to end. I said I'm not in favor of it.
The majority of incoming freshmen want and need a redshirt year.
There are some who are ready to compete right away, but they are the minority.
4 years of competition, that's it.

That's the beauty of 5 years. No one is holding them at gunpoint to participate in all 5. They can still have that acclimation year and participate 4 if that's what their coach decides/they decide. Doesn't cost them anything whatsoever. If they are good enough, they can participate. If not, keep working toward future seasons. There's absolutely zero reason to place a bunch of silly and complex rules around that other year--limited participation, unattached, injuries, etc. Either use it or don't. Either way is fine.

Last edited:
does the $400K mean payments for his wrestling only ??? or does it include PISSING in peoples graveyards ? would there be sort of like an Ala Cart list where he gets extra pay for urination based tactics ?? This NIL stuff is very confusing
NCAA compliance does not require public release of those kinds of contract details.

Reactions: el dub
It addresses what I said in mine, which is what people questioned.

I questioned what PSU paid Truax. For some reason the "insiders' are perfectly fine leaking that Iowa offered Truax $250k, but no one will speak up on what PSU paid Truax. It seems like a way of slighting Iowa. Leak that Iowa is throwing big $$$ at guys as if PSU isn't doing the same, and also make Truax seem honorable or PSU better b/c he chose PSU despite less money.

None of that commentary means anything unless we know the pay difference. If PSU offered him $100k for example, then it'd be a notable difference. If it was $240k, then it's an insignificant difference, but they still get to make the claim "he went to PSU for less money".

I really don't understand why the leakers are comfortable giving a number that one team offered, but not the other team. @smalls103

IMO, at minimum NIL deals need to be fully public/transparent. It's literally the only sports structure I can think of where the payments are completely uncapped and lack any transparency. Complete wild west.

Last edited:
Going to be pretty interesting the first time one of these athletes gets a big pay day, goes out and blows every penny and then Uncle Sam comes knocking and all the athlete can do is say “I didn’t know I had to pay taxes”

Says the guy who clearly doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together, let alone $400K.

That's the beauty of 5 years. No one is holding them at gunpoint to participate in all 5. They can still have that acclimation year and participate 4 if that's what their coach decides/they decide. Doesn't cost them anything whatsoever. If they are good enough, they can participate. If not, keep working toward future seasons. There's absolutely zero reason to place a bunch of silly and complex rules around that other year--limited participation, unattached, injuries, etc. Either use it or don't. Either way is fine.
uh I could buy you and your whole family!
Cool a non response. Fvck yourself.
Brilliant guy, post MY RESPONSE then say "non-reponse"??? You may not like FACTS, but it does not change them!!!

Now YOU take YOUR own advise!!! How you like that!??!?!?

I was told Cael flew in on a helicopter to PJ Duke's property and offered the young man $300K/year.
300k a year is believable, but I'll guess someone else was handling any NIL deal.
I don't believe he's getting any military pay or housing this year, since he's not at AFA or active duty. Eventually he will have to fulfill his commitment, which I'm sure will be with the WCAP so he can continue training.
I heard that they either extend hos commitment or sometimes they forgive his duty. My brother in law was a naval officer and went back to grad school on their dime. He was technically still a Naval officer at that time. he had already graduated from the academy, but did go back to school so his case was slightly different from Wyatt's.

Going to be pretty interesting the first time one of these athletes gets a big pay day, goes out and blows every penny and then Uncle Sam comes knocking and all the athlete can do is say “I didn’t know I had to pay taxes”
The first time? I can promise you it is already happening. The IRS will have a field day with this.

Basically, every school has staffed up to educate their players. It is highly unlikely any of them will be surprised or not know, though they may try to claim that.

Reactions: artradley
They were "educated" that gambling (yes, I understand that is a broad term) while being involved in collegiate sports was against the rules too - so there's that.

Yeah but I don't think too many of them claimed they didn't know it was against the rules. Most just didn't think they would get caught. (And it did take an illegal search to catch them.)

Yeah but I don't think too many of them claimed they didn't know it was against the rules. Most just didn't think they would get caught. (And it did take an illegal search to catch them.)
It won't take an illegal search to catch people who don't think they have to pay taxes on this new found cash cow. When I was 20 I thought I had it made when I could charge my lunches at the Union on my UBill. The bill always comes due one way or another. The IRS is all over this.

There was a time where one couldn't even be a 4 timer at those things, yet when they allowed it, the world didn't end.

Redshirting is too complex and also an outdated concept. It's nonsensical. Eliminate redshirting and make 5 standard with no extra years.
Five years to wrestle four? I’d get behind that.

I questioned what PSU paid Truax. For some reason the "insiders' are perfectly fine leaking that Iowa offered Truax $250k, but no one will speak up on what PSU paid Truax. It seems like a way of slighting Iowa. Leak that Iowa is throwing big $$$ at guys as if PSU isn't doing the same, and also make Truax seem honorable or PSU better b/c he chose PSU despite less money.

None of that commentary means anything unless we know the pay difference. If PSU offered him $100k for example, then it'd be a notable difference. If it was $240k, then it's an insignificant difference, but they still get to make the claim "he went to PSU for less money".

I really don't understand why the leakers are comfortable giving a number that one team offered, but not the other team. @smalls103

IMO, at minimum NIL deals need to be fully public/transparent. It's literally the only sports structure I can think of where the payments are completely uncapped and lack any transparency. Complete wild west.
Likely has to do with the fact that the leakers are generally associated with the programs, not the athletes.

When is the last time anyone - media or otherwise - got solid information coming out of the PSU program? Cael has that on lock down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT