ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics 2024 Games Thread*****

USMNT up 3-0 over second place NZ! Still first half and getting in the drivers seat for the quarterfinals!
Donald Trump GIF by PBS NewsHour

I have done no kayaking and they make it look so easy I feel like I could do that with just a bit of practice.

I’ve only done it on a river a couple times for a reason. Once, ended up stuck in an eddy upside down. That was the end of my kayaking days on a river. They are making it look ridiculously easy.

Love the rule where the conversion is taken where the score occurred. That would be fun in American football. :)

And the sideline throw ins are fun!

Yeah, in the short amount of time I watched, I caught on quick. Fast paced game but it was over way too fast.

It can’t be more than 7 minutes a half. It’s exhausting enough as it is.

I do get it. I guess I mean more from a spectator standpoint. The -layers looked gassed.

Men’s team destroying New Zealand.

This is great. On a Saturday I am flipping around between handball, rugby, water polo and field hockey with a bit of kayaking. How can you not love the Olympics?

Agentina 2 USA 0 in field hockey at half time. Clock goes to 0.00, but half doesn't end until ball is cleared. Interesting.

And penalty plays are fun!

Dont know if you Iowa folk are interested but the Surfing (on peacock and NBC Sports app) has been highly entertaining. They are in Tahiti at one of the heaviest and notorious surf spots in the world known for huge barrels and dangerous shallow reef. Probably head high now, but can only imagine if it gets to 20+ in the later rounds.

The waves in France, while world class in the fall-spring, are smaller in the summer, and since Tahiti is a French territory, they are having it there instead.

Dont know if you Iowa folk are interested but the Surfing (on peacock and NBC Sports app) has been highly entertaining. They are in Tahiti at one of the heaviest and notorious surf spots in the world known for huge barrels and dangerous shallow reef. Probably head high now, but can only imagine if it gets to 20+ in the later rounds.

The waves in France, while world class in the fall-spring, are smaller in the summer, and since Tahiti is a French territory, they are having it there instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT