ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Star DiJonai Carrington Shades Caitlin Clark With Blunt Message

Cameron Brink just stepped in it bigtime!! she probably shall be fired after this!!! she probably was doing okay until the feminine - masculine stuff.

" “I will acknowledge there’s a privilege for the younger white players of the league. That’s not always true, but there is a privilege that we have inherently, and the privilege of appearing feminine.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...31&cvid=601346fd703b499598726e5dda29ff50&ei=9

Cameron Brink just stepped in it bigtime!! she probably shall be fired after this!!! she probably was doing okay until the feminine - masculine stuff.

" “I will acknowledge there’s a privilege for the younger white players of the league. That’s not always true, but there is a privilege that we have inherently, and the privilege of appearing feminine.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...31&cvid=601346fd703b499598726e5dda29ff50&ei=9
Well let’s see if that quenches the thirst of the media for a while

Well let’s see if that quenches the thirst of the media for a while

Brink's statements were from almost two weeks ago.

It's becoming evident that many expect CC to kneel before Zod.

kneel GIF

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
You are absolute correct they are praying she will say something that they can crucify her for.

Maybe they were hoping someone w/ celeb status, when asked about her name/likeness being used to justify discrimination, would at least mention something like "I certainly don't approve of my name being linked to discrimination and racism. I don't know much about that - I'm not online viewing it, but if that's something people associate me with, that's not me"

Now, there was nothing wrong with her statement; but players who have not had the benefit of 'celebrity status' like hers maybe wish she'd make a simple affirmation that she doesn't like hearing those things associated with her...

But she chose to go play there and didn’t speak out against it.
She didn't exactly have "celebrity status" to rock the boat anywhere...

You probably have no idea what she would have spoken out about, because no one knew who she was outside of a handful of WBB fans...

Maybe they were hoping someone w/ celeb status, when asked about her name/likeness being used to justify discrimination, would at least mention something like "I certainly don't approve of my name being linked to discrimination and racism. I don't know much about that - I'm not online viewing it, but if that's something people associate me with, that's not me"

Now, there was nothing wrong with her statement; but players who have not had the benefit of 'celebrity status' like hers maybe wish she'd make a simple affirmation that she doesn't like hearing those things associated with her...
so, since she didn't say it, do you think she actually likes it?

now all our resident liberals here, are going on the basketball board here and claiming.... wait for it... it's russia!!! great. now we got russia making a comeback. of course. when race fails, russia did it!!

The one conspiracy theory we found this dumb F wouldn't believe! It's a Christmas miracle!! Throw on your best Hawaiian shirt and let's shoot a music video!!

You think she spends 100% of her time on a campus?
That just because she has a famous/celeb parent, anyone knows who she is, anywhere?
What the hell does that even mean? She was first team All Pac-12 at Stanford. When she entered the transfer portal prior to her fifth season, almost every program in America would have gladly taken her in. She chose to play for a bigoted coach who has a long track record of pressuring her lesbian players to hide their sexuality for fear it might hurt recruiting.

Just because Carrington might not have had enough ‘celebrity status’ to “rock the boat” at Baylor doesn’t make it a good idea to willingly get in the boat in the first place.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

You are giving the media and the players you speak of waaaaaayy too much credit. They want her to slip up and say the wrong thing.

So much goes into the whole thing. CC will likely be injured.

That said, the mainstream black response is not surprising to those who take an honest look at Black history in US in regard to racism. Ya'll can choose to ignore it and be a part of the overall issue or move toward understanding.

Try watching "The African American Many Rivers to Cross" it's a 6 hour 3 part series.

If CC was black and from Waterloo, would most of you be watching her with the same intensity?

• Haha
Reactions: HunkDronkey

That said, the mainstream black response is not surprising to those who take an honest look at Black history in US in regard to racism. Ya'll can choose to ignore it and be a part of the overall issue or move toward understanding.

Try watching "The African American Many Rivers to Cross" it's a 6 hour 3 part series.

If CC was black and from Waterloo, would most of you be watching her with the same intensity?
Yes because regardless of race they are a Hawkeye and exciting to watch

I feel like most of the sport heros in the US have been black rather often for a while now.

Especially in basketball. The best, most exciting, highest paid that get the most attention are usually black.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Well, I grew up in a tiny town in rural Iowa, and followed the rise of Michael Jordan as if he were my own father, so….

I feel like most of the sport heros in the US have been black rather often for a while now.

Especially in basketball. The best, most exciting, highest paid that get the most attention are usually black.
Again, a good point, but through the black lense.... and we can't change that.

And Carrington is probably someone who has experienced a lot of racism and discrimination in her life; while her response here was over the top, perhaps folks could muster a bit of empathy for someone who probably made her way thru women's BB experiencing what CC claims "she's never seen". Because CC has never seen any of it, and never will.
At Stanford. Sure

Reactions: goldmom

I say yes. if she made threes like she did.

when that three goes up, does not matter what color was the hand which shot it

Serena Williams came out in support of Caitlin yesterday.

Arike just gave an interview that the selection committee for the Olympics and all star voting is all bulkshit. She removed her own name from the Olympic team because they are all assholes.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

The first interview didn't ask the question as you falsely put it, "her name/likeness being used to justify discrimination".

Stop F'n making shit up Joe.

Yes but so will her abilities.

Nope, I think she's yet to peak.

Nutrition and weight training in the off-season will help her get to another level. She's 22 and seems to struggle to keep weight on during the season, and I'd imagine now that she's filthy rich and playing basketball as a career she will get the help she needs.

Reactions: goldmom and GOHOX69
Nope, I think she's yet to peak.

Nutrition and weight training in the off-season will help her get to another level. She's 22 and seems to struggle to keep weight on during the season, and I'd imagine now that she's filthy rich and playing basketball as a career she will get the help she needs.
She’s not filthy rich by today’s standards. But she does need to bulk up.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT