ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court Live Updates: Conservative Majority Seems Ready to Limit Election Case Against Trump

The fact he sought advice on these things from staff is what confirms to me his actions were part of official acts not personal.

By this logic, any President can "ask" if it's legal to kill off the SC, or rivals, get told "no, it is not". And then "do it anyway", and because he "asked" it is now "an official act".

This is literally how stupid your take on this is....

So, no other politician in history has paid hush money? Look, I’m not a fan of Trump’s character; however, I do agree with a lot of his policies, moreso, than the Biden Administration. The last good president we had was Ronald Reagan.
You like corrupt fascism. We get it. Ronald Reagan started the big slide into national debt, but he wasn't a Democrat, so there's that.

So, e-mails are dis-information”? The $ amount of checks to the Biden family have actually been traced back to 10% of large payments by Hunter to Chinese companies. Why does Biden have 20+ limited liability corporations (LLCs)? There is no legitimate reason for someone to have that many LLCs, unless they are trying to hide the flow of funds.
Let's see the proof.

Reactions: Joes Place
Before Trump, everybody agreed, a president is not king, they aren't immune from crimes. Only posts Trump have people like you have your brains rotted to the point where you pretend that presidents are kings.
Did you listen to the oral arguments or not?

The issue seemd to come down to whether a President can be charged for crimes that were personal actions or official acts. . Certain crimes like bribery etc were clearly not considered up for debate.

There was some consensus. That a President could be tried during office of he was guilty after impeachment. And only of crimes he was alleged to have committed that he was impeached for. The other matter was, what could he be charged with after office? And again, the question boiled down to what would be considered personal acts and which official acts. Gorsuch rightfully pointed out that if the decision about personal benefit vs official was derived out of motivation, all decisions made as President could be suggested were personal as they all could be deemed done in an effort to get re-elected. So if this was the only test, motivation, it is potentially ripe for abuse.

The DOJ continually also argued that there are a number of checks and balances and that we should be able to rely on the integrity of the system, prosecutor's intent etc yet, the intent of the President can be called into question by lightweights such as Jackson saying that if they cant be prosecuted we'd have a system that promoted a criminal President. What? We can rely on the integrity of humans in some offices yet not others?

Did you listen to the oral arguments or not?

The issue seemd to come down to whether a President can be charged for crimes that were personal actions or official acts. . Certain crimes like bribery etc were clearly not considered up for debate.

Then why are they bothering to even delay this case?

NONE of the acts for which Trump has been charged can be considered "official acts". I'd outlined this for you in a previous post, Cletus.

Reactions: TheCainer
I will start calling it that when its part of the everyday vernacular
That's because the everyday vernacular is spoken by idiots. Not just limited to the Democrat party I should point out.
If the ruling goes the wrong way, in the long run it won't matter what Congress does.
In your opinion. The President has never been charged with crimes before this one so what will happen has no basis in fact. You cannot state that the prohibition of Presidential prosecution will result in chaos if we have no history to suggest that will be the case. One has never been prosecuted before. Certainly not one that was acquitted of impeachment, to add another layer.

Gorsuch rightfully pointed out that if the decision about personal benefit vs official was derived out of motivation, all decisions made as President could be suggested were personal as they all could be deemed done in an effort to get re-elected.

This is a red herring. Gorsuch knows this, but you'll lap it right up...

No, but losing in every court they took this to, Crazy Corrupt Filthy Don lost.
What? He hasnt been found criminally guilty of anything yet.

Sure, he has been found guilty in civil proceedings but the level of evidence and standards are not the same as they are in criminal court. They are not comparable or evidence of guilt of criminality.

It applies to the future only IF this Court decides to do so. This Court has the means to make this decision as narrow as it wants. They could restrict it to the case in front of them if desired. However, this Court knows if it does so, that would violate the principle of “loyalty” which is the overwhelming driving force of this Court, as opposed to the law. Therefore a wider more expansive ruling works in this Court’s and the ex-Prwsident’s best interest…. And after all, #45 does demand loyalty first and foremost. The Chief Justice is the key vote here…his vote can sway one other vote. If he votes with the majority a 6-3 vote is likely…if Robert’s votes with the liberals, one more vote will join him and a 5-4 vote for the prosecution could result.
So will it be legitimate if its 5-4 for the DOJ and illegitimate if its 5-4 and rules in favor of Trump? Is a 6-3 vote in favor of Trump legitimate or illegitimate?

I just want to be clear where you stand. Im pretty sure I already know...

The lack of evidence is not evidence of a things absence.
Trump and his followers have claimed again and again that they have plenty of evidence to back up there claims. Yet they haven’t presented any of it in public or in court that’s stood up to scrutiny. What does it take to show you there was no fraud? Or do they just get to keep repeating those claims without ever backing it up?
And/Or Dark Brandon is so much smarter than the entirety of the republican party.
Have to love the logic here. Biden is both senile/has dementia, but is also a political mastermind.
What? He hasnt been found criminally guilty of anything yet.

Sure, he has been found guilty in civil proceedings but the level of evidence and standards are not the same as they are in criminal court. They are not comparable or evidence of guilt of criminality.
He and his supporters lost 60 some cases regarding election fraud in 2020. He continues to claim fraud but has never provided evidence in support of that.

Now of course, he has numerous criminal charges, many of which he is claiming fall under his absolute immunity claim. This idea is ludicrous.

So will it be legitimate if its 5-4 for the DOJ and illegitimate if its 5-4 and rules in favor of Trump? Is a 6-3 vote in favor of Trump legitimate or illegitimate?

I just want to be clear where you stand. Im pretty sure I already know...
It’s all legit…..because that’s the way our Constitution reads. I’m just saying, if the prosecution is upheld here, there was a law or two broken…..if the defendant wins, chances are it is an agenda driven verdict. We are revisiting Clinton and the definition of “is” with a MAGA bend to it.

Trump and his followers have claimed again and again that they have plenty of evidence to back up there claims. Yet they haven’t presented any of it in public or in court that’s stood up to scrutiny. What does it take to show you there was no fraud? Or do they just get to keep repeating those claims without ever backing it up?

Have to love the logic here. Biden is both senile/has dementia, but is also a political mastermind.

He and his supporters lost 60 some cases regarding election fraud in 2020. He continues to claim fraud but has never provided evidence in support of that.

Now of course, he has numerous criminal charges, many of which he is claiming fall under his absolute immunity claim. This idea is ludicrous.
So ludicrous to have fallen all the way to the SCOTUS somehow.....smh.

So ludicrous to have fallen all the way to the SCOTUS somehow.....smh.
Tell me you really believe that POTUS, no matter the party, has absolute immunity for anything he could do while president.

Because if you do, then the entire concept of checks and balances is thrown out the window, impeachment no longer means anything, and the president has absolute power.

It’s all legit…..because that’s the way our Constitution reads. I’m just saying, if the prosecution is upheld here, there was a law or two broken…..if the defendant wins, chances are it is an agenda driven verdict. We are revisiting Clinton and the definition of “is” with a MAGA bend to it.
Perfect. There are many on your side the the aisle that would not feel the same way. Maybe we need a poll?

Tell me you really believe that POTUS, no matter the party, has absolute immunity for anything he could do while president.

Because if you do, then the entire concept of checks and balances is thrown out the window, impeachment no longer means anything, and the president has absolute power.
That is not what is being argued by Trumps attorneys. 100% immunity,.

They are arguing that the President can be prosecuted after, or during office, for crimes. But only after a conviction after impeachment. That is the check and balance you seek. He cannot be prosecuted for crimes without that. Except where specifically mentioned in cases such as Bribery for example.

Perfect. There are many on your side the the aisle that would not feel the same way. Maybe we need a poll?
I really don’t give a shit what others think, Gus. I know what is right and what is wrong. I watched Trump on 1/6’21 and he belongs in prison. Thee is no doubt in my mind that Trump has committed treason against the -do-let and the Constitution of the United States.
I also believe that a majority of Trump supporters are social misfits and outcasts who do not understand how a government is supposed to function. You are one of them, my criminally inclined friend.

The only “policy” Trump has is stealing from idiots. How much of your money does he have? How much more are you gonna give him?
lol - when Trump was president…inflation was lower, interest rates were lower, and stock market was booming, so don’t know how that equates to “stealing” my money? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
He's a conservative, hardly a trump hater. stop with your bs.
Oh so there aren't conservatives that are Trump haters? He's done nothing but go after Trump and say how he's a threat to democracy. Now you're really showing how much you don't know. You can stop with your BS anytime.

Luttig still argues the 14th amendment applies to Trump even AFTER a 9-0 ruling from SC. Nah, not a moron for doing that. And now he's arguing in this SC case as well with moronic quotes such as:

"The conservative justices’ argument for immunity assumes that Jack Smith’s prosecution of Trump is politically corrupt and seeks a rule that would prevent future presidents from corruptly prosecuting their predecessors."

Sorry, he's a paid shill, but yeah keep up with your defense of him as some "conservative".

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Let's see the proof.
The committee investigating Biden ran into road-blocks at various avenues. How convenient. They do have bank records tracing some of the Biden schemes. Simply “google” findings of the govt committee (led by James Commer) on the Biden family schemes for the details. Also, why did Biden allow a Chinese spy balloon to traverse the entire USA, going over several military installations? I guess, he’s not in cahoots with China. 😉

Last edited:
lol - when Trump was president…inflation was lower, interest rates were lower, and stock market was booming, so don’t know how that equates to “stealing” my money? 🤔
During Trump’s years inflationary pressure was building as he kept interest rates artificially low by jaw-boning the Fed and pushing his tax cut……Come Covid and his botched response and VIOLA! Most of today’s inflation can be accurately traced back to Trump policies and faux pas.

God, how the hell does someone as stupid as you function? The federal indictment against Trump includes his attempt to put together slates of fake electors in an attempt to subvert the election. It is most decidedly illegal. You are literally dumber then a box of rocks.
I don't give two f**cking shits what the damn indictment says. An indictment is not law or a conviction. You've been on the wrong side of every argument with your stupidity. It is NOT illegal to have an alternate set of electors you dumbass and in fact was done by your OWN party in 1960 and was put out there as a possibility to be used in 2000 in Bush/Gore by BOTH your esteem libtard legal analyst Tribe & Dershowitz

To be as misinformed as you and the libtards on this board is exhausting.

During Trump’s years inflationary pressure was building as he kept interest rates artificially low by jaw-boning the Fed and pushing his tax cut……Come Covid and his botched response and VIOLA! Most of today’s inflation can be accurately traced back to Trump policies and faux pas.
Granted inflation is a problem that can be attributed to both parties and several administrations. However, the $ payouts that the Biden Administration gave out during COVID certainly added fuel to the fire. It’s undeniable that inflation was lower under the Trump administration and that is what voters will look to this November.

• Haha
I don't give two f**cking shits what the damn indictment says. An indictment is not law or a conviction. You've been on the wrong side of every argument with your stupidity. It is NOT illegal to have an alternate set of electors you dumbass and in fact was done by your OWN party in 1960 and was put out there as a possibility to be used in 2000 in Bush/Gore by BOTH your esteem libtard legal analyst Tribe & Dershowitz

To be as misinformed as you and the libtards on this board is exhausting.

Granted inflation is a problem that can be attributed to both parties and several administrations. However, the $ payouts that the Biden Administration gave out during COVID certainly added fuel to the fire. It’s undeniable that inflation was lower under the Trump administration and that is what voters will look to this November.
Oh…. The the Trump pay-offs didn’t? I bought my PXG’s because of Trump’s generosity…. With tax-payers money. What did you do with yours?

Oh…. The the Trump pay-offs didn’t? I bought my PXG’s because of Trump’s generosity…. With tax-payers money. What did you do with yours?
High energy costs were/are another big driver to the higher inflation. On day one of Biden Administration…they reversed many of Trumps energy/gas initiatives.

• Haha
What's undeniable is that the economy died under Trump. Highest unemployment since the Great Depression of the 1930's. But yeah, everything was hunky dory.

They are arguing that the President can be prosecuted after, or during office, for crimes. But only after a conviction after impeachment.
Which is fully unconstitutional, and against what Congress and other lawyers stated while he was in office.

And the classified documents case has to do with acts after he left office, which would not apply, but they will try to spin it to apply, anyway.

Oh so there aren't conservatives that are Trump haters? He's done nothing but go after Trump and say how he's a threat to democracy. Now you're really showing how much you don't know. You can stop with your BS anytime.

Luttig still argues the 14th amendment applies to Trump even AFTER a 9-0 ruling from SC. Nah, not a moron for doing that. And now he's arguing in this SC case as well with moronic quotes such as:

"The conservative justices’ argument for immunity assumes that Jack Smith’s prosecution of Trump is politically corrupt and seeks a rule that would prevent future presidents from corruptly prosecuting their predecessors."

Sorry, he's a paid shill, but yeah keep up with your defense of him as some "conservative".

You have proved nothing regarding Luttig a trump hater. He was correct regarding the 16th amendment and has more knowledge of law and the constitution than you could ever hope to acquire. Anyone who thinks trumps is not a threat to our democracy is part of his cult, and you is that. Moron? Check your mirror. You are just showing your ignorance.

Reactions: mattymoknows
What's undeniable is that the economy died under Trump. Highest unemployment since the Great Depression of the 1930's. But yeah, everything was hunky dory.
The first few years of Trump’s presidency saw steady, low unemployment. Then there’s this little thing called the “pandemic” that hit causing higher unemployment. Surely, you’re not going to blame Mr. Trump for such an increase! As people returned to work after the pandemic, unemployment numbers naturally eased, along with help from all the 2nd jobs & “gig” work that people need now to support their families under Bidenonics. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT