ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Iowa State?

Then he should be in the room and on the roster? (no idea, haven't looked) Looks like he's on his last year, beat Teske 4-2 in SV-1 and lost to Spencer and McKee on his way to 4th last year.

Did Carl tell him he might be wasting his last season on the pine if Suriano walks thru the door 2nd semester? (queue sinister background music ) Duh,duh,duh!
It’s the way Carl operates. He will fill a kid full of you know what and if something “better” comes along he will bring him in.

Reactions: pml_dad and MVPFAN
I feel like we're really stretching with this argument. It presupposes that the only reason Penn State would want Kyle Snyder, one of the most decorated US Freestylers ever already and still in his physical prime, would be to get Greg Kerkvleit. There's no doubt that it had additional benefits for Carl & Co. beyond just actually getting Snyder, but are you trying to claim that it would not have been a great benefit on its own?
Never ever refer to that staff as Carl & Co. Blasphemy. There’s only one & Co. In Brands we trust.

Reactions: Grip220
I love all the PSU banter, but I remember a year when Gable had a 3rd (Yes a 3rd ) string guy make the line up late in the year do to injuries and other stuff and the guy placed 7th. So let's talk about recruiting over someone and having depth etc. Gable was the man and he had the team back in the day.

I love all the PSU banter, but I remember a year when Gable had a 3rd (Yes a 3rd ) string guy make the line up late in the year do to injuries and other stuff and the guy placed 7th. So let's talk about recruiting over someone and having depth etc. Gable was the man and he had the team back in the day.
Difference was gable developed his kids. Cael gets all top ranked recruits!!! Now Ohio st is enjoying the same with the new class they just got!!

Difference was gable developed his kids. Cael gets all top ranked recruits!!! Now Ohio st is enjoying the same with the new class they just got!!
Come on now. Y’all can’t really be pissed about anyone’s recruiting. That would be like Duke basketball fans being pissed about the recruits kentucky gets. Ya both get the best guys yeast in and year out. You can’t have Spencer and bitch about recruiting. Now after he’s gone then on lol.

Come on now. Y’all can’t really be pissed about anyone’s recruiting. That would be like Duke basketball fans being pissed about the recruits kentucky gets. Ya both get the best guys yeast in and year out. You can’t have Spencer and bitch about recruiting. Now after he’s gone then on.
Again......What the hell are you talking about???
Some facts to chew on about the incoming 2022 class -

Iowa has the pfp #25, #27, #87 + six more with 7 of 9 from Iowa. (Good recruiting class, all in the top 200 pfp are homegrown Iowa studs besides 1 hammer from PA)

Ohio State has the pfp #1, #2, #3, #19, #45 + two more with 2 of 7 from Ohio. (The best recruiting class I've ever seen bar none)

Not pissed....CURIOUS dum dum.
I am more excited for the guys that chose Iowa because T&T are exactly the type of role model young men in this country need. Tan Tom hasn't always been so Christ like to his old college roommate & teammate TBrands when talking to recruits in the past. That's a fact.

Iowa has the pfp #25, #27, #87 + six more with 7 of 9 from Iowa. (Good recruiting class, all in the top 200 pfp are homegrown Iowa studs besides 1 hammer from PA)

Ohio State has the pfp #1, #2, #3, #19, #45 + two more with 2 of 7 from Ohio. (The best recruiting class I've ever seen bar none)

I am more excited for the guys that chose Iowa because T&T are exactly the type of role model young men in this country need. Tan Tom hasn't always been so Christ like to his old college roommate & teammate TBrands when talking to recruits in the past. That's a fact.
You’re not wrong. PSU had some monster hauls of top 10 talent but not 1-3 and change. tO$U had a big class w Kerkvliet, Karchla and Decatur but then Kerk bounced.

MatScouts Crystal Ball. It‘s Willie’s prediction but he must know something. He also predicted Hildebrandt to PSU.

to be honest, i was relatively confident in the hildebrandt thing. much less confident in where Suriano goes. frankly, it's more speculation / tea leaves than anything.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
Please elaborate at what Ohio State is doing now?
Unless you are just referencing their huge recruiting class.
See pml_dads post above. Nuff said and after what he said the following class isn’t looking bad either with super 32 champ killerary!!

Reactions: fronk71
Glad I never gotten stuck behind him at Dairy Queen.
Lol I got stuck in a KFC drive through line so long the other day it was ridiculous. It took so long that friends I’d been playing music with saw me leave KFC and texted me to ask why I’d came back into town. They didn’t want to believe that I’d been at KFC since leaving their place.

Reactions: bluroptimo
You’re not wrong. PSU had some monster hauls of top 10 talent but not 1-3 and change. tO$U had a big class w Kerkvliet, Karchla and Decatur but then Kerk bounced.
So soon they forget. It's too bad that the best site on the internet, Earl's D1CW, is no longer with us to show recruiting years. But we have http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/5464-biggest-choke-job/ which shows a 2014 PSU roster with these big boarders: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

And we have their 2019 roster with these big boarders: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,11,12,20,20,22

So soon they forget. It's too bad that the best site on the internet, Earl's D1CW, is no longer with us to show recruiting years. But we have http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/5464-biggest-choke-job/ which shows a 2014 PSU roster with these big boarders: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

And we have their 2019 roster with these big boarders: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,11,12,20,20,22
Damn, I wonder if Tom Ryan's 2022 class is really the best I've seen over 20 years. Crazy Tan Ryan will have M Heinselman, JDecatur, Sasso, PGallagher, Kharchla, RJordan, GHoffman. Add next year's haul they're right there. Interesting they barely cracked the top 10 last year.

Reactions: Gobblin
Damn, I wonder if Tom Ryan's 2022 class is really the best I've seen over 20 years. Crazy Tan Ryan will have M Heinselman, JDecatur, Sasso, PGallagher, Kharchla, RJordan, GHoffman. Add next year's haul they're right there. Interesting they barely cracked the top 10 last year.
That’s because you need to be able to coach them up. Ryan has only done that with Sasso. Will see about Kharchla.

Reactions: pml_dad
That’s because you need to be able to coach them up. Ryan has only done that with Sasso. Will see about Kharchla.
Has he though? Tom Ryan is a hypocrite fraud and always will be. It’s sickening watching these high level kids continue to see the $, not the results. That said, I think Kharchla has a really bright future. Just hope he can develop a top game, learn how to get off bottom, and not gas. All things fOSU is most famous for.

Has he though? Tom Ryan is a hypocrite fraud and always will be. It’s sickening watching these high level kids continue to see the $, not the results. That said, I think Kharchla has a really bright future. Just hope he can develop a top game, learn how to get off bottom, and not gas. All things fOSU is most famous for.
Who besides Decatur has shown a gassing problem? Honest question. I know Courts showed little movement until he needed to - and then it often wasn’t enough.

Reactions: fronk71
Decatur & G Hoffman come to mind as not developing. Both in their 3rd year. Sasso would've succeeded at Little Rock, guy's solid between the ears.

Penn st was nil before it was signed. Look what Ohio st is doing now!!! Says enough
Your post implies that recruits are going to Ohio State due to NIL etc. But, what evidence do you have of that, or what is the basis for the comment other than they landed the #1, #2, and #3 in the class of 2022, but we were already aware Bouzakis and Mendez might be a package deal...

Other than Snyder during his first couple of seasons, (when he practically had World and Olympic Bronze Medalist, Tervel Dlagnev as his personal coach) you can't point to anyone that truly develops during their tenure at Ohio State (Kollin Moore did his redshirt year wrestling with Snyder under the tutelage of Tervel). The individual results at the NCAAs appear to improve due to attrition from previous year's graduates more than anything else. That and once Lou Roselli left, the development and results declined.

Your post implies that recruits are going to Ohio State due to NIL etc. But, what evidence do you have of that, or what is the basis for the comment other than they landed the #1, #2, and #3 in the class of 2022, but we were already aware Bouzakis and Mendez might be a package deal...

Other than Snyder during his first couple of seasons, (when he practically had World and Olympic Bronze Medalist, Tervel Dlagnev as his personal coach) you can't point to anyone that truly develops during their tenure at Ohio State (Kollin Moore did his redshirt year wrestling with Snyder under the tutelage of Tervel). The individual results at the NCAAs appear to improve due to attrition from previous year's graduates more than anything else. That and once Lou Roselli left, the development and results declined.
No evidence at all. Just the amounts of great recruits that one team can get in a two-three year period with 9.9 schollys. Again jmo. Not going back and fourth with you. Look at the numbers posted above. Not that hard to figure out!!!

PSU recruiting in 2016 came pretty close to this year's tOSU
1 - Mark Hall
2 - Suriano
5 - Manville

Side note.... FLO ranked that PSU class only #2 behind NC St, because, see,..... NC St got more top 100 guys. Lol!

I'd also point out that no one in the current class that tOSU got comes close to Hall as far as credentials. Hall won 2 consecutive Jr World FS gold medals (won finals of 2nd one by TF) before heading to PSU.

Now if tOSU can have multiple consecutive years of getting many top 10 p4p guys, they might someday approach PSU. PSU, since Cael, has had so much success getting top 10 guys, they start out on 3rd base before Cael "develops" them.

Reactions: pml_dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT