ADVERTISEMENT

SWARM golden ale

squeezebox

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2018
Bit OT on this one, but this is a donation I can get behind. Big Grove needs to get off their ass and put something together for the wrestling club.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
Bit OT on this one, but this is a donation I can get behind. Big Grove needs to get off their ass and put something together for the wrestling club.
Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports

Let’s support this with our best efforts!

Not a big Exile fan. Their beers seem to all be from the same malt profile. Just not a fan. To be honest I think the Big Craft brews in Iowa have gone downhill a bit. Toppling Goliath evidently stopped cold crashing their ales and on the Hazy bandwagon. Hazy beer is a marketing gimmick. Cold crashing beer in a bright tank is expensive. Cold crashed ale is clear. The breweries are fooling people by touting hazy beer when in reality its dropping a step to save costs. Hazy ale is not as crisp as a cold crashed ale. TG Pseudo Sue was one of the best Pale ales until they went hazy with it. Now it is terrible.

Not a big Exile fan. Their beers seem to all be from the same malt profile. Just not a fan. To be honest I think the Big Craft brews in Iowa have gone downhill a bit. Toppling Goliath evidently stopped cold crashing their ales and on the Hazy bandwagon. Hazy beer is a marketing gimmick. Cold crashing beer in a bright tank is expensive. Cold crashed ale is clear. The breweries are fooling people by touting hazy beer when in reality its dropping a step to save costs. Hazy ale is not as crisp as a cold crashed ale. TG Pseudo Sue was one of the best Pale ales until they went hazy with it. Now it is terrible.
You know what I was told when I was younger about opinions, just like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Anyone have any reports on how it tastes? Comps?
I went last Friday. It was ok when it was cold but I had a hard time finishing it after it warmed up a bit. I can see how people would like it though. I generally just drink Big Grove Easy Eddy if I drink beer anymore though.

One of the guys that works at the Hy Vee wine and spirits said it will be in the stores in a couple weeks. He mentioned 12 pack tallboys.

I understand those are all words but I haven't the slightest idea what you mean.

When you drink it, it comes out clear. It's like a miracle. Even dark beer goes in, clear comes out.

Anyone have any reports on how it tastes? Comps?
I got a growler (SP) Saturday. It's pretty good stuff but Exile is shit show as a far as I'm concerned. The owner and his creepy and entitled bit** son are enough for me to go just about anywhere else. I did want to try the Swarm beer just for medicinal purposes only though.

I got a growler (SP) Saturday. It's pretty good stuff but Exile is shit show as a far as I'm concerned. The owner and his creepy and entitled bit** son are enough for me to go just about anywhere else. I did want to try the Swarm beer just for medicinal purposes only though.
I mostly stick to Big Grove stuff.

Thanks for explaining what happened to Pseudo Sue. It used to be fantastic, last time I had it it was pure disapointment.

Not a huge Exile fan, will probably try some though.

Put me in the camp as a bit disappointed recently with Iowa craft….I am a huge Big Grove fan..but all their new stuff I have tried I have not been a fan of at all. Same with TG, the Hazy comments are interesting, maybe that’s why I didn’t like the last pack of Psuedo Sue cans I had. Didn’t taste like I remembered it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT