ADVERTISEMENT

Take the BULL by the HORNS and LETS GO!!!!

(yet ANOTHER AJ thread!)

Someone slap SHEET out AJ already and get his stupid head right!!! I mean WTF!!! The internet wrestling boards have BLOW UP due to this kid and he has his 3rd, 4th, 5th chance to make things right and honestly not sure what is being done to make it happen?

Still not understanding having him cut ridiculous weight and then having him wrestle in the SS Tourn.??? You could see in match one, and if not certainly match 2 that he was not 100% ready to go!!!

Things went off the rails, but what is the plan now? There is so much BUZZ about this kid that someone needs to grab him and shake him, smack him upside his stupid head, maybe kick him in the balls!??!?!?? IOWA stands to WIN or possible LOSE big on this whole deal.

Seems that TnT really have put themselves out there to try and work with the kid. Once again it should have been a TWOOOO way street that was put on the table. How can you, AJ help us IOWA????

I might send him to a F-in shrink at this point? Tell him, if you go out and WIN NCAAs again, you could set yourself up for life!!! It could be the STORY for YEARS to come. It could OPEN the flood gates for HAWK WRESTLING!!!!

OR, you keep doing the dumb F-in crap you have been and wind up on skid row!!! If anyone has his number send it and MR. IRON will set his ass straight!!!!
Let me know when you get this, so I can delete it. But, it's 405-867-5309.

most hilarious post I have seen on here in a long time. you really think daddy Tom or anyone else is going to undo what his dad and family have done over 20 + years of molding his behavior and establishing his narcissistic personality. see very little reward, a possible few more points at nationals and finishing in the top five, as opposed to possibly dividing the room and losing potential recruits. The Hawkeye program and the Hawkeye name are far more important.

Let me know when you get this, so I can delete it. But, it's 405-867-5309.
Got it
most hilarious post I have seen on here in a long time. you really think daddy Tom or anyone else is going to undo what his dad and family have done over 20 + years of molding his behavior and establishing his narcissistic personality. see very little reward, a possible few more points at nationals and finishing in the top five, as opposed to possibly dividing the room and losing potential recruits. The Hawkeye program and the Hawkeye name are far more important.
Disagree!!!

I guess we should look at ironbirds kids and see maybe?
He only has one child.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One has to wonder…who films this shit for him? 🤦‍♂️
What a package. The car, the mullet, the posing, the preening, the arrogance.
Cluster B (narcissists) don’t generally do well in therapy, as they don’t believe there is anything wrong with their behavior.
Sage advice right there. Don't narcissists tend to attack when challenged?
This isn't a guy with a mental condition like autism spectrum, ADHD, or OCD. This is guy with a personality disorder, and those are far tougher to treat. I admire TnT, but not every project is worth taking on. IMO, this one isn't.

Reactions: 504hawk and el dub
All these Pet st fans running around dropping turdballs in every thread. The cesspool is living up to its name.
Yea, these wanna bee F*** st trollers are really demented honestly. I may start to ramp it up on their board!

They are 100% scared sh*tless of AJ and his brothers!!! Smart wrestling people understand what this kid can do IF he can get his act together. NO doubt in my mind he can win it again! He knocks out BabblinBrooks they are going to have a melt down!!!

Also ANOTHER transfer has regressed in their so called "greatest" room!!! LMAO, as the HITS keep coming. AJ kicks Babbling's ass in the dual, you will see him scurry like a lil squirrel back down to 184!!!

Last edited:

This isn't a guy with a mental condition like autism spectrum, ADHD, or OCD. This is guy with a personality disorder, and those are far tougher to treat. I admire TnT, but not every project is worth taking on. IMO, this one isn't.
This is exactly right. They respond furiously to criticism and whenever they think that somebody is trying to change them, they shut them down. There is no working with them. All you can do is identify them and try, if possible, to avoid them.

You just described virtually every poster😂 on this board! Everybody here 'flexes' as much as AJ.

Yea, these wanna bee F*** st trollers are really demented honestly. I may start to ramp it up on their board!

They are 100% scared sh*tless of AJ and his brothers!!! Smart wrestling people understand what this kid can do IF he can get his act together. NO doubt in my mind he can win it again! He knocks out BabblinBrooks they are going to have a melt down!!!

Also ANOTHER transfer has regressed in their so called "greatest" room!!! LMAO, as the HITS keep coming. AJ kicks Babbling's ass in the dual, you will see him scurry like a lil squirrel back down to 184!!!
If you think anyone in the Penn st room is afraid of the Ferrari’s, you’re delusional.

Interesting take on a guy who is odds on favorite to win 4 Natty’s.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
you don’t agree that the Hawk name and program are more important than Tom taking short cuts for a few extra meaningless points? winning no matter what the risk or the cost is acceptable?
NOT what I said! I said I disagree with your entire post! TnT are the best in the business. IF anyone can save this kid? It will be them!!!
Interesting take on a guy who is odds on favorite to win 4 Natty’s.
LOL you mean WAS!!!

NOT what I said! I said I disagree with your entire post! TnT are the best in the business. IF anyone can save this kid? It will be them!!!

LOL you mean WAS!!!
Tom has no basic skill set to save AJ. That’s not his intention. He is desperate as we are likely to end up finishing out of the top five and with the fewest points scored in the last 45 years. It’s points period no matter the risk to the program. Tom needs to get over himself and begin to actually recruit top rated HS kids. It is apparent that those who are all about defending AJ are actually just all about the potential points…..they just refuse to admit it’s really about winning at any cost.

On all these AJ threads….which he loves btw, i keep thinking all this and not much mention of ZG. I think the program…TNT….(both need image damage control)…. Should go all in on ZG. Instead of wasting all this time, trying to re-develop AJ and turn them into a high character, high ethical law, biting citizen why not put that time into GZ to All American. Like several of you have said there’s a good chance. AJ doesn’t place above fourth. I think it look real good on the Brands boys and our program to embrace a fifth or six year senior that’s been a room guy and given everything he can to work out with the Warners and Kopi of the world To help develop them. Now he’s got his spot and we’re thinking of bringing in this dip shit to House that opportunity he’s worked his entire life for. Just something he consider. **** any extra points AJ might bring it’s the damage that he causes to offset those points. It’d be way better just to stick with. ZG and celebrate the fact that kid was an average recruit five year guy that turned into an All American.

On all these AJ threads….which he loves btw, i keep thinking all this and not much mention of ZG. I think the program…TNT….(both need image damage control)…. Should go all in on ZG. Instead of wasting all this time, trying to re-develop AJ and turn them into a high character, high ethical law, biting citizen why not put that time into GZ to All American. Like several of you have said there’s a good chance. AJ doesn’t place above fourth. I think it look real good on the Brands boys and our program to embrace a fifth or six year senior that’s been a room guy and given everything he can to work out with the Warners and Kopi of the world To help develop them. Now he’s got his spot and we’re thinking of bringing in this dip shit to House that opportunity he’s worked his entire life for. Just something he consider. **** any extra points AJ might bring it’s the damage that he causes to offset those points. It’d be way better just to stick with. ZG and celebrate the fact that kid was an average recruit five year guy that turned into an All American.
Glazier making All-American would be a great story for the program, unlike AJ losing in the semis and flipping off the crowd before storming off and MFFing out to 6th. Same final result, much, much different storyline.

Name the three traits you despise most about AJ.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
Tom has no basic skill set to save AJ. That’s not his intention. He is desperate as we are likely to end up finishing out of the top five and with the fewest points scored in the last 45 years. It’s points period no matter the risk to the program. Tom needs to get over himself and begin to actually recruit top rated HS kids. It is apparent that those who are all about defending AJ are actually just all about the potential points…..they just refuse to admit it’s really about winning at any cost.
NOT true at all. Surely the reason that he may come to IOWA is that he is a top talent, but the Brands brothers have already proven they are willing to give kids a chance! Several have worked out such as DeSanto. Others have not such as Teasdale.

IF the correct framework is put in place for AJ to adhere to, and he can tow that line? Then I am for giving him the chance. IF he can not follow a strict set of rules. it is ON him!!! One of the rules IRON would have would certainly be TEAM FIRST and CHEMISTRY at practice!!!

I learned about "trying to do the right thing" and it backfiring in my face as a young coach. Since then I have talked about, " Addition by subtraction!" When someone is hurting the team, that someone is removed regardless of how talented they are!!!
Well if ZG can hold the spot then by all means he should get the go. If you read above, and have read my other posts on the subject. You would see my position on this. I for one was dumbfounded at the "start" of this project!!!

I am not too sure ALL of the blame falls on AJ here!?!??! I am NOT defending his actions at all as I did recently post my feelings!!! My problem with this is WHY??????

WHY in all hell do you have him come in and cut 20+ pounds and then wrestle the SS???? WHY when you see it starting to go "south" do you not pull the plug?

Maybe there is a NCAA certification rule AJ needed to make that I am unaware of? I just do not have an answer? I also do not have an answer as to how you move forward? Tom seemed to be mostly un-wavered and determined to go to work! Guess we all get to see the show!!!!

NOT true at all. Surely the reason that he may come to IOWA is that he is a top talent, but the Brands brothers have already proven they are willing to give kids a chance! Several have worked out such as DeSanto. Others have not such as Teasdale.

IF the correct framework is put in place for AJ to adhere to, and he can tow that line? Then I am for giving him the chance. IF he can not follow a strict set of rules. it is ON him!!! One of the rules IRON would have would certainly be TEAM FIRST and CHEMISTRY at practice!!!

I learned about "trying to do the right thing" and it backfiring in my face as a young coach. Since then I have talked about, " Addition by subtraction!" When someone is hurting the team, that someone is removed regardless of how talented they are!!!

Well if ZG can hold the spot then by all means he should get the go. If you read above, and have read my other posts on the subject. You would see my position on this. I for one was dumbfounded at the "start" of this project!!!

I am not too sure ALL of the blame falls on AJ here!?!??! I am NOT defending his actions at all as I did recently post my feelings!!! My problem with this is WHY??????

WHY in all hell do you have him come in and cut 20+ pounds and then wrestle the SS???? WHY when you see it starting to go "south" do you not pull the plug?

Maybe there is a NCAA certification rule AJ needed to make that I am unaware of? I just do not have an answer? I also do not have an answer as to how you move forward? Tom seemed to be mostly un-wavered and determined to go to work! Guess we all get to see the show!!!!
what framework are you referring to? not swinging at a potential teammate? not fingering the crowd? if tom were honest or possibly more educated and intelligent about this situation he would admit that he has no hope in changing AJ. a narcissist doesn't believe he is doing anything wrong and will retaliate when challenged. pretty much like what just happened…right? again it’s about desperation and the potential points…nothing else.

Glazier spent 5 yrs in that room as prob a walk on and finally got his chsnce snd has preformed well. If AJ was a good kid in sny manner other than a deadlift snd a boring style of wrestling snd more than a 2 month hired gun id say yes ZG win spot. But based on aj life tome antics and crimes and onowing hes here short term(due to transferong for more money/get arrested/breaks rules sgain/etc…which are all highly likely its not worth it.

tt needs to be honorable responsible coaches do right thing leave ZG as our guy and move on! This will leave program in a bit better lite too as they are in a hole in a few aspects.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb

Zack would be a feel good story, like Colby last year, but just getting on the stand would be huge. AJ would be 4th st worst with a chance at 1st if he’s hot. Also, Zack is a one year starter, then maybe Kolby , who hadn’t seen the mat this year. AJ has 3 years and will be favorite for 1st the next 2 years. So there is a lot of reward for that risk.

Glazier spent 5 yrs in that room as prob a walk on and finally got his chsnce snd has preformed well. If AJ was a good kid in sny manner other than a deadlift snd a boring style of wrestling snd more than a 2 month hired gun id say yes ZG win spot. But based on aj life tome antics and crimes and onowing hes here short term(due to transferong for more money/get arrested/breaks rules sgain/etc…which are all highly likely its not worth it.

tt needs to be honorable responsible coaches do right thing leave ZG as our guy and move on! This will leave program in a bit better lite too as they are in a hole in a few aspects.
Remember how many guys on here said we have to quit having loyalty feelings towards guys we like, and not give a dam about recruiting over them , which is what PSU always does. Beard was a much higher recruit than Zack, patiently waited his turn, was even an AA, then Cael recruited over him with a transfer with 2 years left. They are at a level now where they can be pretty choosy about what transfers they accept, because all the top ones are begging to jump on their band wagon.

Glazier was not a walk on.

what framework are you referring to? not swinging at a potential teammate? not fingering the crowd? if tom were honest or possibly more educated and intelligent about this situation he would admit that he has no hope in changing AJ. a narcissist doesn't believe he is doing anything wrong and will retaliate when challenged. pretty much like what just happened…right? again it’s about desperation and the potential points…nothing else.
I was talking about how I would have handled the situation. I have no idea how TnT and company are handling it? To me it is pretty straight forward. EARN your right to become part of the team!!! I even talked about him being in school for a full semester before even having an opportunity to become part of the team.

That is how I would have done it if NCAA rules would allow this without losing eligibility? It is still how I might approach it, but I have no idea on what everyone involved is looking to do? As a coach in the room watching these young men banging heads and getting after it. I would be able to tell within a weeks time if I had someone I felt I could work with without a lot of additional added requirements.

Is the kid deep down a good kid with some screws loose? Is the kid a 'big baby" that has been treated like one his whole life? or is it a bigger issue that needs professional help???? I am not sure, might be ALL the above, but if he is willing to WORK at it AND stay 100% out of trouble, I once again am on board.

The SS was a sh*tshow and I do not know how you proceed as I have said? Guess we shall see soon?

Remember how many guys on here said we have to quit having loyalty feelings towards guys we like, and not give a dam about recruiting over them , which is what PSU always does. Beard was a much higher recruit than Zack, patiently waited his turn, was even an AA, then Cael recruited over him with a transfer with 2 years left. They are at a level now where they can be pretty choosy about what transfers they accept, because all the top ones are begging to jump on their band wagon.
This is a totally different situation because the AJ factor and the risk versus a solid guy that’s been loyal to the program and is pretty damn good now. I agree with you we should always put the best person in there, but is it just the best person as a wrestler, or is a human being and a wrestler and a teammate and a guy that’s coachable and abide by the rules and the laws.

I was talking about how I would have handled the situation. I have no idea how TnT and company are handling it? To me it is pretty straight forward. EARN your right to become part of the team!!! I even talked about him being in school for a full semester before even having an opportunity to become part of the team.

That is how I would have done it if NCAA rules would allow this without losing eligibility? It is still how I might approach it, but I have no idea on what everyone involved is looking to do? As a coach in the room watching these young men banging heads and getting after it. I would be able to tell within a weeks time if I had someone I felt I could work with without a lot of additional added requirements.

Is the kid deep down a good kid with some screws loose? Is the kid a 'big baby" that has been treated like one his whole life? or is it a bigger issue that needs professional help???? I am not sure, might be ALL the above, but if he is willing to WORK at it AND stay 100% out of trouble, I once again am on board.

The SS was a sh*tshow and I do not know how you proceed as I have said? Guess we shall see soon?
I agree with most everything you just said and also agree with you about how to handle a maybe type athlete. I just feel AJ has been given multiple chances and the risk to the Iowa program is not worth giving AJ a fourth chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT