ADVERTISEMENT

Tea leaves say Teske to PSU

Yeah got teched by Decatur in the finals last year at 120. Beat a very good josh Saunders from Missouri 9-7 in the semis
He was also an inch away from making the cadet world team this summer. Had Robert Howard beat in the semis and got hit by a very slick duck with no time left.

Reactions: FD_HWC
Yeah got teched by Decatur in the finals last year at 120. Beat a very good josh Saunders from Missouri 9-7 in the semis

He got beat bad by one of those Wisconsin brothers that are going to fOSU - can't remember name.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Tough news if true. To the person asking about Busiello, all the speculation has him at least at 141. That presumes he still maintains his high level results if he wants scholly money from PSU. He seems to have slipped a bit recently.

He was at the Cadet level. Happel was on a Cadet world team beating Nick Lee. He also was a multiple AA in FS at Cadet (and Champ) and Junior level in Fargo. Took third his senior year beating Mitch McKee.

FIFY

Too many top ranked recruits heading to too few available spots at PSU... oh the horror!

What will Cael do to get out of this dilemma? My heart bleeds. :confused:o_O:eek:

Yes. I think RBY is going to be better. Don't get me wrong, I like Teasdale too but Teasdale has had world class training and opponents in PA. RBY has not. Right now, I think RBY beats Teasdale. So...why redshirt the better guy unless he needs it for injury or something else? Plus, I don't think Lee moves up to 149 after Zain leaves. Either way, you are going to have a nice lineup and they seem committed to coming...why you bitching? I think you are the guy that used to dog us out for having Lee, Teasdale, Renteria etc and fans trying to fit the puzzle together. Now, turnabout is fair play.
I agree with the initial assessment here

Yes. I think RBY is going to be better. Don't get me wrong, I like Teasdale too but Teasdale has had world class training and opponents in PA. RBY has not. Right now, I think RBY beats Teasdale. So...why redshirt the better guy unless he needs it for injury or something else? Plus, I don't think Lee moves up to 149 after Zain leaves. Either way, you are going to have a nice lineup and they seem committed to coming...why you bitching? I think you are the guy that used to dog us out for having Lee, Teasdale, Renteria etc and fans trying to fit the puzzle together. Now, turnabout is fair play.

The difference is that I utilized a rationale thought process that ended up being proven correct while your are engaged in wishful thinking with nothing to back it up. In fact, I'd say it seems like you keep bringing this up with the hope that Teasdale reads this forum and you can actually influence his decision to come back to Iowa, lol.

The difference is that I utilized a rationale thought process that ended up being proven correct while your are engaged in wishful thinking with nothing to back it up. In fact, I'd say it seems like you keep bringing this up with the hope that Teasdale reads this forum and you can actually influence his decision to come back to Iowa, lol.

Hmm rational thinking...So to get Teasdale on board with us, I will give the opinion that RBY will beat him. Sure he'd like seeing that from a Hawk fan. Win him right over.

Long shot for Teske finishing a successful career at PSU if he goes there.

1. He will learn soon enough about how what Carl says translates to reality, aka talking out both sides of his face.
2. PSU will recruit over him as soon as they can. They are really slumming going after a guy raked this low. ;)
3. Not sure how comfortable he will be there. Suriano syndrome.
4. Very interesting that $$$ were always mentioned as main factor for Teske yet PSU costs a ton for out of state. Somehow PSU can always find the cash, even for a guy ranked in the 30s. The creative explanations never seem to add up. I guess no one else is near as creative in $$$ distribution. #slushfund.

Trolling aside, we need a 133 it seems. Lee is only 5'3 so not likely he is going up. If Teske is in any way a 133 he would be a nice addition, if not then a waste of $$$. He is not beating Lee. Overpaying for a guy you don't really need is a bad move for non slushfund teams and the popular opinion on this board is we need to get top 20 guys and preferably top 10. On the positive side we know we can win at 125 vs PSU when Spencer hits the mat.

Last edited:
rolling aside, we need a 133 it seems. Lee is only 5'3 so not likely he is going up. If Teske is in any way a 133 he would be a nice addition, if not then a waste of $$$. He is not beating Lee. Overpaying for a guy you don't really need is a bad move for non slushfund teams and the popular opinion on this board is we need to get top 20 guys and preferably top 10. On the positive side we know we can win at 125 vs PSU when Spencer hits the mat.

I'd take Teske in a second. Ditto RBY and Teasdale. But I'd go for the latter two only because A)Better credentials B) Perceived projected weight

I have been on the RBY bus for a long time...before most PSU had a clue who he was. Maybe its because I'm a homer and would like to see a kid coming out of Tucson do well. PSU is getting a good one and I will be rooting for him unless it hurts Iowa.

I was wondering if the caption is some kinda code. Tea leaves (Teasdale) and Teske to PSU. Not sure if I'm overthinking but if true, hope that Gavin would reconsider Hawks and vice versa. I really wanted to see 4 years of Lee and Teasdale at our lower weights.

I like the extra effort from Jake but if Teske isn't willing or more importantly capable to grow into 133 I completely respect his decision. Now only if Teasdale would reconsider...

Last edited:
Reactions: ILhawk41
2. PSU will recruit over him as soon as they can. They are really slumming going after a guy raked this low.

Very true they will use Teske and they are already talking about getting the Mchenry kid and I would gather Brooks is a lock also ...Just can't see any way other schools can keep up with the recruiting that Penn State can do.

Reactions: DirkTang1
2. PSU will recruit over him as soon as they can. They are really slumming going after a guy raked this low.

Very true they will use Teske and they are already talking about getting the Mchenry kid and I would gather Brooks is a lock also ...Just can't see any way other schools can keep up with the recruiting that Penn State can do.

The McHenry talk is from Spyker...please don't characterize us PSU fans by the postings of Spyker/Psu_champs/Psu_rings

Here's what I heard a few months ago. Teske had full rides offers from ISU and UNI and .5 from Iowa and PSU.

He apparently said at the time he would go PSU if they would just offer .8. He made some comments that PSU would offer him the best coaching.

Seems bizarre given our track record with lightweights. Maybe there is some resentment that he's not getting a bigger offer from Iowa being arguably the best instate prospect but that's pure speculation on my part.

I believe the Iowa offer was higher than PSU, but lower than ISU.

My question is if a kid cancels visits why the secrecy? My guess is Flo is throwing something against the wall. They might very well be right, but I'm betting it's truly a guess at this point. A strategized guess.

Biggest pet peeve in the recruiting game. Everyone does it though because everyone wants to be in the know. Anyway, off the soap box.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
He got beat bad by one of those Wisconsin brothers that are going to fOSU - can't remember name.
Not sure if serious or just making a funny about my support for the Koontz brothers, but you're correct.;) I missed this post earlier and mentioned it later in the thread -- Dylan did beat Brody, 13-7, at Northern Plains.

I believe the Iowa offer was higher than PSU, but lower than ISU.

My question is if a kid cancels visits why the secrecy? My guess is Flo is throwing something against the wall. They might very well be right, but I'm betting it's truly a guess at this point. A strategized guess.

Biggest pet peeve in the recruiting game. Everyone does it though because everyone wants to be in the know. Anyway, off the soap box.

This. These wrestling sites are about as reliable in recruiting news as TMZ, see Lugo as a recent example. Until Teske doesn't show up for his visit this weekend, this news is nothing but a wet fart.

This. These wrestling sites are about as reliable in recruiting news as TMZ, see Lugo as a recent example. Until Teske doesn't show up for his visit this weekend, this news is nothing but a wet fart.

Agree. It's TMZ-like just to generate interest and is hard to take seriously.

I never get any inside info, but talked to someone really involved in the situation yesterday, and was told Iowa was eliminated on Monday and it is ISU or PSU.

Maybe this guy was fed a line, but he should be pretty dialed in.

I never get any inside info, but talked to someone really involved in the situation yesterday, and was told Iowa was eliminated on Monday and it is ISU or PSU.

Maybe this guy was fed a line, but he should be pretty dialed in.

I was going to post this here yesterday but didn't want people to jump down my throat. Iowa has been eliminated and it is ISU and PSU left. I would also say that PSU is the HEAVY favorite from what I'm hearing. Dresser might be able to pull it off, but is unlikely at this point.

I was going to post this here yesterday but didn't want people to jump down my throat. Iowa has been eliminated and it is ISU and PSU left. I would also say that PSU is the HEAVY favorite from what I'm hearing. Dresser might be able to pull it off, but is unlikely at this point.
To add, was also told ISU is maxed out to him and that still isn't good enough???

That is the power of the slush fund right there folks.

Here's what I heard a few months ago. Teske had full rides offers from ISU and UNI and .5 from Iowa and PSU.

He apparently said at the time he would go PSU if they would just offer .8. He made some comments that PSU would offer him the best coaching.

Seems bizarre given our track record with lightweights. Maybe there is some resentment that he's not getting a bigger offer from Iowa being arguably the best instate prospect but that's pure speculation on my part.
PSU had made the largest offer as of a few weeks ago. Hard to compete with what they are bringing.

I want Teske as much as the next guy. But if he and Lee are both career 125's, who here would take Teske over Lee? In a perfect scenario we have both and one goes 33. I will call BS on comments about coaching lightweights supposedly attributed to Teske that there is "better coaching" at PSU. No way he said that and if he did he is rationalizing and overjustifying his decision.

Reactions: Huck and DirkTang1
To be honest, if he doesn't choose Iowa, it doesn't bother me at all - almost a little relieved that we aren't putting more $ in the 125/undersized 133 spot. Nothing against Brody, but he is not a sure fire success at the college level and I would rather have Iowa put money towards a blue chip true 133 lber. I guess I would much rather have a guy like Teasdale or RBY (although that may not be possible either).

Last edited:

FLO = TMZ.

e6f1b6425e516a450d1d18ee7c193fafd7b551446aa4d75aae8bd35b7ac7176c.jpg

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Back in Iowa's heyday kids like Teske had to at least choose between getting a full ride somewhere else or taking half that at the top program, Iowa. We lost a lot of guys because of that. In today's environment very hard to compete against the hot team that can also outbid the other teams as well now with club money promised during recruiting trips added to their scholarships. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years. If the NCAA turns a blind eye to this and it is basically the new norm or if the hammer drops on the program(s) doing this.

Last edited:
To add, was also told ISU is maxed out to him and that still isn't good enough???

That is the power of the slush fund right there folks.
Or maybe there is more to the decision than money. Like the fact that ISU is horrible right now and he'd have absolutely no one to work out with to get him to the level he wants.

Reactions: FD_HWC
Or maybe there is more to the decision than money. Like the fact that ISU is horrible right now and he'd have absolutely no one to work out with to get him to the level he wants.

Well from what I've heard, Vega gets the better of him right now. And Austin Gomez is an elite blue chip 133 recruit. Not the same as Iowa's room obviously, but "absolutely no one to work out with" is a stretch.
PS: he was again at the RTC practice last night..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT