ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

Read another place that he didn't make weight. I have no idea if it's true. Just passing a rumor along.

Would love to get back to the original points!!!

This thread has gone all over the place so maybe a different angle is in order?
Lets take the kid Teasdale out of it for a moment. Maybe this will help?

An "unknown" athlete announces he is leaving school in late Nov. (nov.20 according to his twitter) for HEALTH REASONS.

Less the 3 weeks later it is reported he is working out(article from dec 11) and that he could either seek a "gray shirt" or he could be back on the team almost right away.

Now it is reported that he is indeed back with the team, and was possible going to compete for the team officially. It is unknown right now why he may have chose not to compete or could not compete.

The questions still remain the same!!!

1) What HEALTH REASONS could be so great that they could have you completely withdraw from all you classes this late in a semester?

2) How is it that less then 3 weeks later these "Health issues" are cured enough where you are practicing again(regardless of where or with who!!!)

3) If you can withdraw at anytime and still be part of the team in some form. Wouldn't this create some kind of issues? In other words. Some "unknown" coaches could use this as a loop hole and play games (although in this example we will assume they are not!)

4) After a student withdrew from all his classes very late in a semester for "Health issues." Wouldn't the Administration of that school want to have a look into the matter? Wouldn't you assume there would be some sort of time frame for a return to competition representing that institution of higher learning? You might think that some red flags were raised where some shady characters may be playing some funny games!!!

5) You might also think that those involved with this athletes life might have some questions and concerns about the best path for this kid! For example the parents having just blown some undisclosed lump of money, might think it is best for him to focus on getting his "health issues" 100% fixed and back to his class work before talking on additional stresses!

In the end once again I wish the best for this kid and ALL the kids! I just feel that something is not right with this whole situation and that this is far from over!!!!

An "unknown" athlete announces he is leaving school in late Nov. (nov.20 according to his twitter) for HEALTH REASONS.

Less the 3 weeks later it is reported he is working out(article from dec 11) and that he could either seek a "gray shirt" or he could be back on the team almost right away.

Now it is reported that he is indeed back with the team, and was possible going to compete for the team officially. It is unknown right now why he may have chose not to compete or could not compete.

1) What HEALTH REASONS could be so great that they could have you completely withdraw from all you classes this late in a semester?

2) How is it that less then 3 weeks later these "Health issues" are cured enough where you are practicing again(regardless of where or with who!!!)

3) If you can withdraw at anytime and still be part of the team in some form. Wouldn't this create some kind of issues? In other words. Some "unknown" coaches could use this as a loop hole and play games (although in this example we will assume they are not!)

4) After a student withdrew from all his classes very late in a semester for "Health issues." Wouldn't the Administration of that school want to have a look into the matter? Wouldn't you assume there would be some sort of time frame for a return to competition representing that institution of higher learning? You might think that some red flags were raised where some shady characters may be playing some funny games!!!

5) You might also think that those involved with this athletes life might have some questions and concerns about the best path for this kid! For example the parents having just blown some undisclosed lump of money, might think it is best for him to focus on getting his "health issues" 100% fixed and back to his class work before talking on additional stresses!

In the end once again I wish the best for this kid and ALL the kids! I just feel that something is not right with this whole situation and that this is far from over!!!!

It's only far from over because you will not let it go. Move forward, man.

Reactions: HeathForrester

Why is there such a concern? If he is healthy and has a waiver good for him. You don't need to know the details but if it helps you...
1. Go find PSU policies and procedures on withdrawals and go read all 50 pages of Article 14 of the NCAA manual. Cael was tested on it to be a coach and the compliance depts are there to help and review.
2. You don't know the timing and frankly it's none of our business. Med withdrawals can take weeks to be approved and one that I'm very familiar with took 4 weeks to be reviewed. He could have been out well before any tweets but again, it's none of my business.
3. I'll refer you again to article 14.
4. Once again, review article 14 and school policy which by they way requires the administration to be involved when involving an athlete.
5. To assume that anyone does not have his best interest in mind is lunacy when you have zero details as to the situation. You have an ill advised tweet,

Let' stop pretending that this is about concern for Teasdale. I'll call BS on that all day everyday.

damn you never really realize how many penn state guys have accounts on here until a thread like this comes along LOL

The reality is that you need only a single Rivals account to post on multiple sites. I established my account a single time and needed no further action to post on other teams' boards.

Reactions: hlstone
damn you never really realize how many penn state guys have accounts on here until a thread like this comes along LOL

You do realize that if we have a BWI account it transfers over here, we don’t have to create a new HR account, right.....?

Or, what slush said...

Reactions: hlstone
Hmm, so there are articles that say he withdrew. Even ones that say the withdrawal was for health reasons. To my knowledge there are no articles that say he withdrew because his grades were junk or that he was screwing off or that he was living the party life. The only place I've read those things is right here on this board.

So, do you have ANY proof of those things you are writing? Any? Come on, you can do it. Use the internet. Find proof. We'll wait.
Must have been some serious health problems, he was back 2 weeks later.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
As an educator....I get an in-service lessons about these laws every year. Once it is reported to superiors....there is NOTHING you can do or learn about what happens next. I had a student that was being beaten up by his alcoholic father every time he tried to stop dad from beating up his mom. He had bruises, black eyes...arm in a sling. I talked to him about it and he told me the situation. I reported it to my Principal....as I am required to do by law. That is THE end. He was removed from my class. I was not legally allowed to be told ANYTHING ...I was not even allowed to know whether my superior even turned it over to Children and Youth. They can't even acknowledge there has been a report or that there is an investigation. That is the LAW....in PA. So.....when Paterno "Got rid" of Sandusky.....he had no legal knowledge of anything....just rumor. Now in 2011 when he did get a report from McCreary and passed it on to his superiors....the END. There is absolutely nothing more he could do.. As it turned out...his Superiors never passed it on. He was not legally allowed to be told this by anyone and all his inquiries would legally be met by silence....like mine. It sucks...but it is true. So....you have been informed of the legalities involved. Do what you will with the information.

PS: A question you may want to ask is why the Attorney General of Pa...refused to press charges when provided clear evidence against Sandusky by investigating officers....including taped dialogue from Sandusky himself. The guy who made that decision was named Tom Corbett. His name may sound familiar. He was the Governor of Pa. when the scandal hit in 2011. He was the one who immediately threw Paterno under the bus even though he knew the laws at least as well as I do. He was also one of the Trustees that wanted Paterno fired in 2004. They were going to replace him with.....Take a guess.....you will only need one. Former players and donors stopped the firing and Paterno went 11-1 the next year. The trustees did give Sandusky an office on campus after his "departure" from the football program in 1999. There are a lot of things that stunk to high heaven at PSU during those times. The only thing Paterno was involved with was getting him out of the football program.....which was all he could do. Any real & fair investigation would look a whole lot different now. Oh...….Corbett got crushed in his re-election bid......in large part because of his answers....or non-answers to questions about why he refused to OK charges when pretty much every investigating officer stated they believed there was more than enough evidence to arrest. You can continue to blame PSU and it's highest decision makers.....they deserve it. But now you know that...in these matters.....Paterno was legally not involved in any decision......except to rid him from the Football program. There is much blame but it lies elsewhere. Peace

Your only big problem is that Paterno had no superiors in St College. If Joe wanted it reported, it would have been reported. His so called superiors asked Joe what they should do. We all know what happened then. Absolutely NOTHING but more kids were abused while Sundusky continued to run the youth football program on PSU campus trying to collect more victims. Most players and coaches at PSU knew what Sundusky was doing as it was the running joke in the locker room to not shower when Sundusky was there.

Reactions: HawkMD
This thread has been such a waste of time, yet it sucks me in everyday.

I don't see the fascination with a guy who probably won't account to much but maybe a ceiling of low AA once in his life. PSU fans: stop trying to get us to feel sorry for the dude. He's on the rival team, he burnt us bad, and as long as we don't go after his mom or dog, he's free game.

This thread has been such a waste of time, yet it sucks me in everyday.

I don't see the fascination with a guy who probably won't account to much but maybe a ceiling of low AA once in his life. PSU fans: stop trying to get us to feel sorry for the dude. He's on the rival team, he burnt us bad, and as long as we don't go after his mom or dog, he's free game.

I don't believe any PSU fan is trying to make anyone feel sorry for Teasdale. It's more about fairness with accusations.

As for the fascination part, I suspect that relates to an innate interest in seeing Goliath stumble and fall. It's understandable. Once mud is slung, matters ramp up in a hurry, and then it's Jerry Springer time.

Why is there such a concern? If he is healthy and has a waiver good for him. You don't need to know the details but if it helps you...
1. Go find PSU policies and procedures on withdrawals and go read all 50 pages of Article 14 of the NCAA manual. Cael was tested on it to be a coach and the compliance depts are there to help and review.
2. You don't know the timing and frankly it's none of our business. Med withdrawals can take weeks to be approved and one that I'm very familiar with took 4 weeks to be reviewed. He could have been out well before any tweets but again, it's none of my business.
3. I'll refer you again to article 14.
4. Once again, review article 14 and school policy which by they way requires the administration to be involved when involving an athlete.
5. To assume that anyone does not have his best interest in mind is lunacy when you have zero details as to the situation. You have an ill advised tweet,

Let' stop pretending that this is about concern for Teasdale. I'll call BS on that all day everyday.

So the real answer is you are all full of crap!!! No one over in F*** st. is going to answer any real questions as usual nor do they have to because the whole place is a cesspool!!!! Got it!

Your only big problem is that Paterno had no superiors in St College. If Joe wanted it reported, it would have been reported. His so called superiors asked Joe what they should do. We all know what happened then. Absolutely NOTHING but more kids were abused while Sundusky continued to run the youth football program on PSU campus trying to collect more victims. Most players and coaches at PSU knew what Sundusky was doing as it was the running joke in the locker room to not shower when Sundusky was there.

Another Clueless bitter Hawk

So, making a statement that has no basis in reality and adding 4 question marks is a real question in Iowa. OK, I understand now.

In iowa, if you drop out of school, they don't just pretend that you were never there. You have a semester of F's or incompletes. This was the Joey Slaton saga. Kid needed some time, had to recover his academics from that time before he could get back on the team. And administration never allowed it. So the question isn't a demeaning one, it's a sincere one that I'm curious about as well. How can you leave school before finals, presumably blowing up you academic standing, then return a month later like you never left?

Fact: Paterno got rid of Sandusky in 1999......the same year Sandusky won the #1 Assistant Coach Award for the 2nd time. Getting rid of the Nationally acclaimed best Assistant Coach in America shows it is all about winning?? Definitely need some oil on your propeller beanie :)

I hate when the Joe Pediphile era gets brought up on hr, but for the love of God don't defend that pedaphile hider here.

Shameful comment for anyone who claims to be a supporter of wrestling.
It’s shameful that psu is allowed to continue to participate in Div 1 athletics. There should be zero tolerance & no 2nd chance when it comes to molesting children and covering it up.

Reactions: Jaybird319
In iowa, if you drop out of school, they don't just pretend that you were never there. You have a semester of F's or incompletes. This was the Joey Slaton saga. Kid needed some time, had to recover his academics from that time before he could get back on the team. And administration never allowed it. So the question isn't a demeaning one, it's a sincere one that I'm curious about as well. How can you leave school before finals, presumably blowing up you academic standing, then return a month later like you never left?

You have no idea when he left, under what circumstances or any of the details and neither do I. But the crazy speculation stated as fact is on this board is disheartening. Is the outrage on display here the result of the recruiting change of mind?

It’s shameful that psu is allowed to continue to participate in Div 1 athletics. There should be zero tolerance & no 2nd chance when it comes to molesting children and covering it up.

Well they did get beat by a basketball school in football so there is that.

https://bulletins.psu.edu/undergrad...formation/#registrationandacademicrecordstext
"A student who is unable to complete a schedule of courses for a given semester may withdraw from enrollment in all courses at the University. Students may withdraw any time up to and including the last day of classes, before the final examination period begins. "

Interesting, and a little surprising that one could withdraw up to the last day of classes! I guess like any other business a university is no different in the fact that why would they care, they have your money.

This answers the question of can it be done so late in a semester without any academic penalties. The list of reasons for withdraw are, Medical, Military, and other. Military would obviously be very clear cut.

I am guessing "health issues" falls under medical? This is once again the question though. Does anyone really care? In other words, does it matter what the student puts down as a reason, or is it just a form that gets filed and everyone moves on?

Honest question, because I honestly do not know. That being said. it would raise concerns about athletes using this as a way to get extra time or because they were just screwing off which is NOT what I am implying in this situation!!!

This question needs to be asked because the "clock" that starts for the athletes to complete their 4 years of college eligibility could be effected. As Cael said, " it is possible he could apply for a gray shirt." I will use what Cornell does with some of their incoming freshman as an example.

They have them attend some other Jr. college or something while still working out with their "club." I do understand they have no redshirt so please don't start with that! What I am saying is you could have athletes go that type of path. Maybe take part-time work load. Get a year of college experience under your belt.

Then enter as a Freshman with a redshirt still to burn!!! Honestly I like the idea!!! If you know a kid is going to redshirt anyway. Have them go part-time, they can do "student work" stuff to pay so as not to draw scholarship money, and the following year they entire full time!!!

Please send me the Brands number to discuss!!!

Interesting, and a little surprising that one could withdraw up to the last day of classes! I guess like any other business a university is no different in the fact that why would they care, they have your money.

This answers the question of can it be done so late in a semester without any academic penalties. The list of reasons for withdraw are, Medical, Military, and other. Military would obviously be very clear cut.

I am guessing "health issues" falls under medical? This is once again the question though. Does anyone really care? In other words, does it matter what the student puts down as a reason, or is it just a form that gets filed and everyone moves on?

Honest question, because I honestly do not know. That being said. it would raise concerns about athletes using this as a way to get extra time or because they were just screwing off which is NOT what I am implying in this situation!!!

This question needs to be asked because the "clock" that starts for the athletes to complete their 4 years of college eligibility could be effected. As Cael said, " it is possible he could apply for a gray shirt." I will use what Cornell does with some of their incoming freshman as an example.

They have them attend some other Jr. college or something while still working out with their "club." I do understand they have no redshirt so please don't start with that! What I am saying is you could have athletes go that type of path. Maybe take part-time work load. Get a year of college experience under your belt.

Then enter as a Freshman with a redshirt still to burn!!! Honestly I like the idea!!! If you know a kid is going to redshirt anyway. Have them go part-time, they can do "student work" stuff to pay so as not to draw scholarship money, and the following year they entire full time!!!

Please send me the Brands number to discuss!!!

You need significant medical documentation to qualify for medical withdrawal. At most schools including Iowa, you do not receive W's on your transcripts as a result. This semester never existed. Many universities even refund 100% of your tuition regardless of timing. The NCAA allows this for athletes one time (excluding transfers) but there are criteria that need to be met. Significant medical documentation is needed in order to obtain a waiver by the NCAA. If granted, the 48 credit hour requirement within the first 4 semesters is prorated by 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: impalanut
Ok...this is a real question for PSU fans. I promise I am not trolling because I haven't followed the Teasdale saga beyond the announcement portions. So feel free to pipe in and correct me if I'm wrong because I am curious: So Teasdale is going to school and near the time the semester is over, has to pull out for health reasons. So let's use "the flu" as his health reason. So he contracted the flu, fell behind in classes, knew that he was probably going to fail some because of the flu and left for health reasons...but a few weeks later, it is announced that he is going to reenroll and they are going to pull his shirt. Does this about sum it up?

Again, this is an honest question because I have no clue and don't really care but we are on thread 13 and I didn't want to read everything. I was very surprised about the announcement of the shirt being pulled and that he was back wrestling in the room. I guess I always thought an illness (physical or mental) would be pretty serious to remove oneself from school but to turn around and jump right back on the horse. Thanks in advance.

Ok...this is a real question for PSU fans. I promise I am not trolling because I haven't followed the Teasdale saga beyond the announcement portions. So feel free to pipe in and correct me if I'm wrong because I am curious: So Teasdale is going to school and near the time the semester is over, has to pull out for health reasons. So let's use "the flu" as his health reason. So he contracted the flu, fell behind in classes, knew that he was probably going to fail some because of the flu and left for health reasons...but a few weeks later, it is announced that he is going to reenroll and they are going to pull his shirt. Does this about sum it up?

Again, this is an honest question because I have no clue and don't really care but we are on thread 13 and I didn't want to read everything. I was very surprised about the announcement of the shirt being pulled and that he was back wrestling in the room. I guess I always thought an illness (physical or mental) would be pretty serious to remove oneself from school but to turn around and jump right back on the horse. Thanks in advance.

400 posts about a kid who is going to end up at Campbell wrestling for Kolat.

Reactions: HeathForrester
I promise I am not trolling .

pTnFr8j.gif

Read another place that he didn't make weight. I have no idea if it's true. Just passing a rumor along.
Reports are that Teasdale did not weigh in for the Scuffle. To my knowledge, no one has definitively said why not.

Also, Jeff Byers (the PSU radio guy) said that Teasdale is expected to be in the lineup later in January. There's been plenty of drama so far, so we'll see.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT