ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

It WAS reported....at least 2X It WAS investigated.....at least 2X Charges were never filed.....by the legal system. 2 different DAs never filed charges. One disappeared and declared dead......the other became Governor of Pa.........GEEZ......blame the people with the power to do something
Paterno did not report it to the police which is the requirement by law. He discussed it with the ad and school president,but it went nowhere. That is why the president and others were charged. They claim Paterno stopped them from going to the police. Paterno would have been charged also, but he died. Joe admitted that he “should have done more”.

Paterno did not report it to the police which is the requirement by law. He discussed it with the ad and school president,but it went nowhere. That is why the president and others were charged. They claim Paterno stopped them from going to the police. Paterno would have been charged also, but he died. Joe admitted that he “should have done more”.
BS. Joe said:
'With The Benefit Of Hindsight, I Wish I Had Done More'

With hindsight, I'd have made a few changes in the course of my life.

Did you know this is actually his quote?

Oh, and BTW, Penn State is actually located in University Park, not State College. University Park, like most towns/cities, have their own Police Departments, Water Systems, etc. They even have an Airport, yes the University Park Airport reports into the President of the University. The Police Department is an actual Police Department like any other and reports into an Administrator...the Administrator that Paterno reported what he was told by a Graduate Assistant. That Graduate Assistant had previously told his own father and a neighbor and they advised the Graduate Assistant to tell Paterno?

Last edited:
OK, the weigh-in thing. If he knew he was over when he got there, and couldn't get it worked off, why would you bother to weigh in officially, possibly making it impossible to weigh in for the next meet (more than 1.5% per week over).

From my the way I read the NCAA rule linked above, he didn't have 6 hours of credit, so he wouldn't be eligible for the next semester, unless, as also stated above there were special circumstances that make it like he was never enrolled. That being said, he would not be eligible to wrestle because he has not officially attended a class since second semester hasn't started yet. I could be wrong about this, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but it has always been my understanding at Iowa that if you weren't eligible until second semester, you couldn't compete until classes start. Maybe this is an institution rule, not a B1G Conference or NCAA rule.

Lastly, I don't personally know how it affects athletic eligibility, but I know Agoodnap is correct about the deadlines for withdrawal with permission; A. Because I can read, and B. because my son did that exact thing. He developed a serious condition late in the semester and withdrew from classes at U. of I. about a week before the end of classes and two weeks before finals. And yes, we had to pay for all of the tuition for classes he got no credit for. I have no Idea how that would affect an athletic scholarship.

The only question on the teasdale thing and no one here knows the answer is if his reason to withdraw which allowed him a do over on his academics and to be eligible 2nd semester is whether it was a legit reason, just covering for him bombing his grades or a little of both. In the end his grade issues won't go away if he does not get his crap together.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
Any tea leaves you might’ve been able to gather on Teasdale in the last month should tell you he’s not exactly the most mature person right now but he is trying to be, he didn’t weigh in because he wasn’t going to make the weight like I said nothing more to it than that if you don’t believe it then so be it
giphy.gif

I have no doubt that what you are saying is what you were told. This though make an already very odd situation more peculiar!

His freshman year hasn't gone exactly great so far to put it kindly. OK $h!t happens! The thing is, why even throw the kid into a tournament so quickly in the first place?

He is having some troubles. Why not give him some needed time to just get those troubles fixed! Work on his "health issues", work on his school work etc....

I honestly hope that they are doing the right thing for the kid and not screwing around for their own personnel reasons because truly this is looking more and more like that to me!

. . .

Oh, and BTW, Penn State is actually located in University Park, not State College. University Park, like most towns/cities, have their own Police Departments, Water Systems, etc. They even have an Airport, yes the University Park Airport reports into the President of the University. The Police Department is an actual Police Department like any other and reports into an Administrator...the Administrator that Paterno reported what he was told by a Graduate Assistant. That Graduate Assistant had previously told his own father and a neighbor and they advised the Graduate Assistant to tell Paterno?

University Park is PSU's mailing address; the main Penn State campus is geographically located in State College, PA. The city of State College has a police department and what not. University Park has a post office and at least one zip code. The University Park police are essentially campus security. I'm surprised you don't know this.

Apparently, in the 1950s the PSU president felt the university was just too special and needed to create its own special city.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Looks like AWL needs to do a Teasdale vs Grothus match to see who the king of HR is.
Can't believe Teasdale thread is gonna crush the Grothus thread.
As a wrestling fan I hope Iowa wins again soon before the internet breaks once and for all.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
The only question on the teasdale thing and no one here knows the answer is if his reason to withdraw which allowed him a do over on his academics and to be eligible 2nd semester is whether it was a legit reason, just covering for him bombing his grades or a little of both. In the end his grade issues won't go away if he does not get his crap together.

From the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club bylaws (bolded emphasis is mine):

Article III, Section 4, Part 3: Disbursement of Funds to University student athletes - academic considerations

(a) Club Funds may be disbursed to student athletes of the University, or to the University directly, for purposes of maintaining academic eligibility for Wrestling under the following provisions:

i. the student athlete has a documented history of poor academic performance, consisting of at least one academic semester with a Grade Point Average of 1.9 or less, or has withdrawn from the University at any time and for any reason while presently failing 1 or more courses at the time of withdrawal;

ii. the student athlete/University accepts payment in cash;

iii. payment is used to hire a tutor for the student athlete, compensate another student to take tests and/or complete assignments for the student athlete, guarantee recording of favorable grades by the instructor of each course taken by the student athlete, or ensure any necessary adjustment of transcripts by the Office
of the Registrar; and

iv. the student athlete agrees to compete "attached" for the University Wrestling Program immediately and continually for as long as Club Funds are being used to support academic eligibility.

(b) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to become a resident athlete of the Club upon graduation, under the following provisions:

i. the student athelete wins a national championship in Wrestling while competing as a senior for the University;

ii. the sudent athlete wins two or more national championships in Wrestling while competing for the University, and one of said championships occurrs as a junior; or

iii. the student athlete, either purposefully or inadvertently, coins a catch-phrase on national television that is expected to maintain or improve recruiting dominance by the University Wrestling Program.

(c) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to never join the Hawkeye Wrestling Club or the University of Iowa Wrestling Program in any capacity.

(d) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to never disclose receipt of payment(s) from the Club or to disclose the existence of any financial services agreement(s) with the Club, except
with the following people:

i. members of the student athlete's immediate family; and

ii. @DonHawkeye

I hope this helps to settle some of the debate. Teasdale will be taken care of, and he'll be all right. And now I know why Don has access to some of the information he reports here. Sorry I doubted you, Don.

University Park is PSU's mailing address; the main Penn State campus is geographically located in State College, PA. The city of State College has a police department and what not. University Park has a post office and at least one zip code. The University Park police are essentially campus security. I'm surprised you don't know this.

Apparently, in the 1950s the PSU president felt the university was just too special and needed to create its own special city.
I think you should learn a bit more about University Park, PA. Here is the University Park Police Department Jurisdiction to start you off.

Where do the Penn State University Police have police powers?
University Police have police powers in their primary jurisdiction, which is defined as any grounds (property owned, controlled, leased, or managed by Penn State University) or within 500 yards of the grounds. University Police are also entered into mutual aid agreements with all surrounding police jurisdictions and may respond to police calls when requested to do so.

https://police.psu.edu/about-police-university-park

Reactions: Hotshoe
I think you should learn a bit more about University Park, PA. Here is the University Park Police Department Jurisdiction to start you off.

University Police have police powers in their primary jurisdiction, which is defined as any grounds (property owned, controlled, leased, or managed by Penn State University) or within 500 yards of the grounds. University Police are also entered into mutual aid agreements with all surrounding police jurisdictions and may respond to police calls when requested to do so.

Yes, they're campus police. I said that.

Yes, they're campus police. I said that.
No, you said: "The University Park police are essentially campus security"

They are an actual Police Department, not some "campus security" outfit. They carry guns, make arrests, investigate crimes, etc.

Do you ever step back and ask yourself how you got to the point in your life that you're posting about the PSU police department jurisdiction on the Iowa wrestling forum?

No, you said: "The University Park police are essentially campus security"

They are an actual Police Department, not some "campus security" outfit. They carry guns, make arrests, investigate crimes, etc.

You're getting distracted. The main point of my post was that you were wrong about PSU not being located in State College. Whether the university cops are security or police is not even relevant to the point - PSU main campus in located in the city of State College.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Can someone cut to the chase here for me? Why on a Hawkeye board do we care this much about a PSU wrestler? Is he transferring to Iowa?

It is not so much about this one Wrestler! It is about the BS they are pulling over there! If they are allowed to continue twisting the rules and creating an un-level playing field. Then it impacts all other programs doing it by the books!

I do not know what kind of new game they are trying to play here? What I do know is they used their slush fund to pay their Wrestlers ridiculous amounts of $$$$ for "camps."

They also have guys like Manville who I can still not figure out what the deal is??? What year he is in, if he is on the team, off the team, team manager? I still can not even figure out why he is there???

Out of state, top tier recruit, several years in the program. Hasn't Wrestled a Varsity match for them!!!! Who is paying for his schooling? The newest is the "possible" 6th years for Shakor, and Casser!!!!

Everyone here wants us back on top. We certainly seem to be headed in the correct direction. The thing is if us or anyone else is recruiting with 9.9 and they are just bringing in anyone and everyone they wish, well you either better start playing with their rules or shut them down if they are breaking said rules!

Reactions: Titanium999
It is not so much about this one Wrestler! It is about the BS they are pulling over there! If they are allowed to continue twisting the rules and creating an un-level playing field. Then it impacts all other programs doing it by the books!

I do not know what kind of new game they are trying to play here? What I do know is they used their slush fund to pay their Wrestlers ridiculous amounts of $$$$ for "camps."

They also have guys like Manville who I can still not figure out what the deal is??? What year he is in, if he is on the team, off the team, team manager? I still can not even figure out why he is there???

Out of state, top tier recruit, several years in the program. Hasn't Wrestled a Varsity match for them!!!! Who is paying for his schooling? The newest is the "possible" 6th years for Shakor, and Casser!!!!

Everyone here wants us back on top. We certainly seem to be headed in the correct direction. The thing is if us or anyone else is recruiting with 9.9 and they are just bringing in anyone and everyone they wish, well you either better start playing with their rules or shut them down if they are breaking said rules!
Good Lord you sound like a child. Give it a rest. The NCAA isn't just letting them play by their own set of rules.

Out of state, top tier recruit, several years in the program. Hasn't Wrestled a Varsity match for them!!!! Who is paying for his schooling? ....

Manville is listed as RS freshman. Just wrestled at Scuffle. You are right that he has not wrestled a varsity match (dual) for them. No place in line-up with Nolf, Joseph, Hall. I've seen noted multiple places that schooling is being paid through ROTC scholarship.

Reactions: slushhead
Good Lord you sound like a child. Give it a rest. The NCAA isn't just letting them play by their own set of rules.

Well everyone, there you have it!!! The rassling bafoon has made it clear that the NCAA is on top of everything:rolleyes: It is not like there has ever been any scandals, shady deals, pay-offs:confused: just move along. That 600K for camps was for Gatorade, Head gear, and camp T-shirts!!!

Manville is listed as RS freshman. Just wrestled at Scuffle. You are right that he has not wrestled a varsity match (dual) for them. No place in line-up with Nolf, Joseph, Hall. I've seen noted multiple places that schooling is being paid through ROTC scholarship.

REDSHIRT FRESHMAN!?!?!?! How old is he? 27???? Guess no worries. ROTC has plenty of money. You can stay in school indefinably!!!:mad:

By paying your taxes, you are paying Manville's schooling. He's on ROTC scholarship. And, I'm sure he thanks you.

Reactions: danoftw
So are you saying besides the slush fund, Cael has government taking $ outta my paycheck for his wrestlers?? The nerve!!! ;)
Yes, and by the way, all Iowa and Rutgers wrestlers are welcome to apply for an ROTC scholarship. I will tell you, though, they are competitive and you are required to pay them back with service, potentially dying for your country.

Yes, and by the way, all Iowa and Rutgers wrestlers are welcome to apply for an ROTC scholarship. I will tell you, though, they are competitive and you are required to pay them back with service, potentially dying for your country.

I thought the wink made it clear I was joking.

By paying your taxes, you are paying Manville's schooling. He's on ROTC scholarship. And, I'm sure he thanks you.

LOL!!! WOW thats a great answer!!!! of course the ROTC Programs that I am aware of are generally 2-4 years! Manville being in school already for something like 3 or 4??? and being listed as a redshirt Freshman has me somewhat confused again!!!!

He will need to graduate in a maximum time of 4 years once enrolled! So once again, something isn't right over at good ol F*** St. Maybe he is just going to throw away his remaining eligibility just to be part of the JV squad for the great Karol!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is Manville's 2nd year at PSU.
2015-16 HS senior
2016-17 OTC Greco program
2017-18 RS at PSU
2018-19 RS Fr season at PSU

so yeah his path has not been the norm (wasn't in HS either) but nothing illegal. old for his class, yes? illegal, no.

Well everyone, there you have it!!! The rassling bafoon has made it clear that the NCAA is on top of everything:rolleyes: It is not like there has ever been any scandals, shady deals, pay-offs:confused: just move along. That 600K for camps was for Gatorade, Head gear, and camp T-shirts!!!

REDSHIRT FRESHMAN!?!?!?! How old is he? 27???? Guess no worries. ROTC has plenty of money. You can stay in school indefinably!!!:mad:
Yep, you're probably right. The NCAA secretly wants Penn St. to win the wrestling championship every year so they turn their heads. It's just not fair!

I really hope you are just trolling people and aren't really this stupid in real life.

Reactions: danoftw
From the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club bylaws (bolded emphasis is mine):

Article III, Section 4, Part 3: Disbursement of Funds to University student athletes - academic considerations

(a) Club Funds may be disbursed to student athletes of the University, or to the University directly, for purposes of maintaining academic eligibility for Wrestling under the following provisions:

i. the student athlete has a documented history of poor academic performance, consisting of at least one academic semester with a Grade Point Average of 1.9 or less, or has withdrawn from the University at any time and for any reason while presently failing 1 or more courses at the time of withdrawal;

ii. the student athlete/University accepts payment in cash;

iii. payment is used to hire a tutor for the student athlete, compensate another student to take tests and/or complete assignments for the student athlete, guarantee recording of favorable grades by the instructor of each course taken by the student athlete, or ensure any necessary adjustment of transcripts by the Office
of the Registrar; and

iv. the student athlete agrees to compete "attached" for the University Wrestling Program immediately and continually for as long as Club Funds are being used to support academic eligibility.

(b) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to become a resident athlete of the Club upon graduation, under the following provisions:

i. the student athelete wins a national championship in Wrestling while competing as a senior for the University;

ii. the sudent athlete wins two or more national championships in Wrestling while competing for the University, and one of said championships occurrs as a junior; or

iii. the student athlete, either purposefully or inadvertently, coins a catch-phrase on national television that is expected to maintain or improve recruiting dominance by the University Wrestling Program.

(c) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to never join the Hawkeye Wrestling Club or the University of Iowa Wrestling Program in any capacity.

(d) the student athlete enters into an unwritten but binding agreement to never disclose receipt of payment(s) from the Club or to disclose the existence of any

financial services agreement(s) with the Club, except
with the following people:

i. members of the student athlete's immediate family; and

ii. @DonHawkeye

I hope this helps to settle some of the debate. Teasdale will be taken care of, and he'll be all right. And now I know why Don has access to some of the information he reports here. Sorry I doubted you, Don.

Now THAT is FUNNY! That was a lot of work for a joke. I can't believe no one else has commented on it. You must be on a lot of people's ignore lists. I think you've come close to making mine a couple times, but sometimes you seem sane, and occasionally you come up with a gem like that. That might be better than old-time mudflap posts. Thanks for making me laugh.

Yep, you're probably right. The NCAA secretly wants Penn St. to win the wrestling championship every year so they turn their heads. It's just not fair!

I really hope you are just trolling people and aren't really this stupid in real life.

Try coming outa your mommies basement and joining the real world. The NCAA is about as worthless as you! You honestly think for one minute someone from that association is going to put time in and do real work?

Why don't you go find a copy of Bosworth's book. See what he said it was like at Oklahoma where he played and SMU who was a rival at the time!

Reactions: Grip220
The Dean does not sign your request because you asked nicely. Not at Iowa.

AND IT DOES NOT MATTER. Late withdrawal, early withdrawal, any withdrawal means you get zero semester hours and are not eligible to complete in athletics.
If you had paid attention to earlier posts, you would know this is not the case. The same rules apply for all NCAA institutions. This isn't high school. If an athlete dots the proper Is and crosses the proper Ts the rules are the same. I'll be rolling out to Lancaster tomorrow to see an athlete compete in a match or two before he medicals out that withdrew and completed zero credit hours this past semester at a University not named PSU.

Your take has been rolled out there before and it is the same as everyone who either doesn't care to get knowledgeable or is incapable of it.

LOL!!! WOW thats a great answer!!!! of course the ROTC Programs that I am aware of are generally 2-4 years! Manville being in school already for something like 3 or 4??? and being listed as a redshirt Freshman has me somewhat confused again!!!!

He will need to graduate in a maximum time of 4 years once enrolled! So once again, something isn't right over at good ol F*** St. Maybe he is just going to throw away his remaining eligibility just to be part of the JV squad for the great Karol!!!!
Come to think of it, my Naval ROTC son, and I, thank you as well.

Come to think of it, my Naval ROTC son, and I, thank you as well.
Lol, I know. Now we will have a half dozen ijuts around here spouting Ironcuckoo's knowledge of ROTC programs as gospel. Not too mention that Manville has been at PSU for 3-4 years already (Ironbird may post at close to the speed of light, so maybe there is an Einsteinian thread of truth there-it works the other way around, but what the hell this is a cesspool). How in the hell are we PSU fans ever going to clean this board up????;)

Last edited:
Not so concerned! Just trying to figure out what new games they are playing over there! This whole thing stunk from the beginning, and like I said. I will bet it is far from over!

The game they are playing is winning national championships. However, it is not new.

Lol, I know. Now we will have a half dozen ijuts around here spouting Ironcuckoo's knowledge of ROTC programs as gospel. Not too mention that Manville has been at PSU for 3-4 years already (Ironbird may post at close to the speed of light, so maybe there is an Einsteinian thread of truth there-it works the other way around, but what the hell this is a cesspool). How in the hell are we PSU fans ever going to clean this board up????;)

Hey Dice, where did you pick up "ijut" from?

I have no doubt that what you are saying is what you were told. This though make an already very odd situation more peculiar!

His freshman year hasn't gone exactly great so far to put it kindly. OK $h!t happens! The thing is, why even throw the kid into a tournament so quickly in the first place?

He is having some troubles. Why not give him some needed time to just get those troubles fixed! Work on his "health issues", work on his school work etc....

I honestly hope that they are doing the right thing for the kid and not screwing around for their own personnel reasons because truly this is looking more and more like that to me!

It is very clear that you are sincerely concerned about Gavin Teasdale's well being, and not annoyed by the fact that PSU is winning national championships, by their "big bobble-head coach" (did I get that right?) cheating (or however you worded it).

14.4.3 Eligibility for Competition.
14.4.3.1 Fulfillment of Credit-Hour Requirements. Eligibility for competition shall be determined based on satisfactory completion of at least: (Revised: 1/10/92, 10/31/02 effective 8/1/03, 3/10/04, 4/28/05) (a) Twenty-four semester or 36 quarter hours of academic credit prior to the start of the student-athlete’s second year of collegiate enrollment (third semester, fourth quarter); (b) Eighteen semester or 27 quarter hours of academic credit since the beginning of the previous fall term or since the beginning of the certifying institution’s preceding regular two semesters or three quarters (hours earned during the summer may not be used to fulfill this requirement) (see Bylaw 14.4.3.1.4); and (c) Six semester or six quarter hours of academic credit during the preceding regular academic term (e.g., fall semester, winter quarter) in which the student-athlete has been enrolled full time at any collegiate institution (see Bylaw 14.4.3.4.3 for postseason certification).

14.4.3.7 Waivers of Progress-Toward-Degree Rule. The Division I Progress-Toward-Degree Waivers Committee shall establish appropriate criteria for waivers of this legislation. The following waivers shall be administered by the conference members of the Association or, in the case of an independent institution, by the Division I Progress-Toward-Degree Waivers Committee. (Revised: 1/9/96, 10/28/97, 4/27/00, 10/31/02 effective 8/1/03, 3/10/04, 4/28/05, 1/17/09 effective 8/1/09, 1/14/12, 5/22/13, 3/27/18) (a) Medical Absence. The credit hours required under the progress-toward-degree regulation of Bylaws 14.4.3.1-(b), 14.4.3.1-(c), 14.4.3.1.6 and 14.4.3.6-(c) may be prorated at nine hours per term of actual attendance during an academic year in which a student misses a term or is unable to complete a term as a full-time student as a result of an injury or illness. Such an exception may be granted only when circumstances clearly supported by appropriate medical documentation establish that a student-athlete is unable to attend a collegiate institution as a full-time student as a result of an incapacitating physical injury or illness involving the student-athlete or a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family. Credits earned by the student during the term to which the waiver applies may be used to satisfy the 24/36 hour [see Bylaw 14.4.3.1-(a)], percentage-of-degree (see Bylaw 14.4.3.2) and grade-point average requirements (see Bylaw 14.4.3.3). However, a term to which a medical absence waiver applies does not count as a term of full-time enrollment for purposes of the 24/36 credit-hour requirement, percentageof-degree requirements or grade-point average requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT