ADVERTISEMENT

Texas - Oklahoma State

Like State Fair size?
I've heard rumors around here that when you get a big turkey leg here in tx at the fair or at the flea market or wherever... it is Emu actually. think about it: no turkey has a two or three foot long leg

How many of those ranked SEC teams did Alabama play?
besides themself? they've played 3, and playing a 4th right now. That would make 4 of 5. The only one not being Missouri.

That was besides the point, though. The point was Patterhawk saying the SEC wasn't good, which they have 2 more ranked teams than any other conference.

besides themself? they've played 3, and playing a 4th right now. That would make 4 of 5. The only one not being Missouri.

That was besides the point, though. The point was Patterhawk saying the SEC wasn't good, which they have 2 more ranked teams than any other conference.
And they sucked against non conference opponents. This is not the year the sec can puff their chest out.

Reactions: GHawk
if bama wins a case could still be made that Oregon is better. That’s the same argument that the sec makes every year.

Reactions: GHawk
??? They beat MTSU by 49, USF by 14, and Chattanooga by 56. Their only loss, was to #5 Texas by 10.
Exactly. South Florida by 14. Yikes. They and the sec played a weak non conference schedule and failed in the ones that mattered. The pac 12 was on fire in non conference.
This is precisely the argument the sec makes every year and Alabama has made in the past. Oregon really only lost to Washington in two great games. I’m not saying Oregon should be in but their case is as good as if not better than Alabama.
Do some research.

So if Alabama wins, does anyone believe that there won’t be two SEC teams in? FSU is going to get screwed. It will be ‘Michigan, Washington, Alabama, Georgia, in that order.

Exactly. South Florida by 14. Yikes. They and the sec played a weak non conference schedule and failed in the ones that mattered. The pac 12 was on fire in non conference.
This is precisely the argument the sec makes every year and Alabama has made in the past. Oregon really only lost to Washington in two great games. I’m not saying Oregon should be in but their case is as good as if not better than Alabama.
Do some research.
Oregon only won by 8 against texas tech in their Non Con. They also only played 3 teams that finished in the top 25, losing to 2 of them. They have 2 losses and didn't even win their conference

or

If Alabama wins today, they would be a 1 loss conference champ who have played 5 teams that finished in the top 25, beating 4 of them including the #1 team in the nation.

It's not even close imo.

Sorry I haven't followed the full context of the thread.

The SEC often has a lot of ranked teams, but not everybody plays them all in these larger conferences. Playing and beating 3 of the other 5 ranked teams is very respectable. And they have a chance to get their 4th today.

How tough a conference is doesn't matter if you don't play those teams. You have to evaluate the strength of a team based on who you play and your record against those teams.

Reactions: millah_22
Sorry I haven't followed the full context of the thread.

The SEC often has a lot of ranked teams, but not everybody plays them all in these larger conferences. Playing and beating 3 of the other 5 ranked teams is very respectable. And they have a chance to get their 4th today.

How tough a conference is doesn't matter if you don't play those teams. You have to evaluate the strength of a team based on who you play and your record against those teams.
I agree, that is a fair point.

Reactions: Psyclone
I think it could happen like this, but I would not be shocked if it goes bama, texas, georgia. Either way, if Georgia loses, they should be out.
If it doesn’t happen that way there will be a major uproar. What’s the point of playing anyone non conference if winning head to head at Alabama by more than 10 in dominating fashion doesn’t matter.

What is the secs best non conference win. Louisville probably followed by Kansas state. Georgia beat Georgia tech by one score. Missouri is the leagues third best team and o barely beat Memphis and middle Tennessee.

If it doesn’t happen that way there will be a major uproar. What’s the point of playing anyone non conference if winning head to head at Alabama by more than 10 in dominating fashion doesn’t matter.
The folks who determine who makes the playoffs basically pick and choose what matters and what doesn't.

The folks who determine who makes the playoffs basically pick and choose what matters and what doesn't.
I agree but Texas (and the sec out of conference play) hurt the sec this year like no other before.
No way Texas gets the shaft. Might the committee take a second look at an undefeated fsu. Maybe. But an undefeated fsu that beat the team that is the sec’s best win. Tough.

Why is no one talking about Ohio St who like Texas and Alabama is also 11-1 with their only loss to #2 Michigan on the road who if Alabama wins would likely be # 1 and has wins against #10 PSU and #16 ND on the road. Seem like they would at least have an argument.

Why is no one talking about Ohio St who like Texas and Alabama is also 11-1 with their only loss to #2 Michigan on the road who if Alabama wins would likely be # 1 and has wins against #10 PSU and #16 ND on the road. Seem like they would at least have an argument.
I agree. But it’s because the secs history and Texas beating Bama.

Because OSU is sitting at home right now while all of those other teams are playing for a conference title.

OSU would need a ton of help to get in, and even then they're still likely out.

Yep. If FSU wins and Bama beats Georgia...it's gonna be a major sh*t show. At least 2 teams could make a case that they should be in.

tOSU -only loss to #1 Michigan
Georgia - only loss to Bama in the SEC title game
Texas - conf champ, only loss to Oklahoma and beat Bama
Bama - only loss to Texas

Do you leave an undefeated P5 team out in FSU?

What we need to see is Iowa over Michigan and Bana over Georgia….so neither the BiG nor SEC has a team in the playoff. 😛
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT