ADVERTISEMENT

The Bison will take your program's money. And then they'll take your pride.

It's easy to say that when your winning national championship. When you're not it looks like the people of N.D. care about North Dakota football as much as the rest of us.

Screen_Shot_2016_09_16_at_12_24_43_AM.png

What's with the giant packers helmet in the corner of the stadium?

Reactions: QChawks
That fact you believe this shows how delusional you are.

You are not better than Bosie State, Utah State or San Diego State. Let alone many of the other teams. When App state went FBS (and I'd say they have more national name value as they had that all-timer win over Michigan) they joined...the Sun Belt.

You're great coach the one that started all this, got a job at which school? That's right Wyoming. At least Jim Tressell could go from Youngstown State to Ohio State.

But, let's get down the real nitty gritty. The fact you even have the ability to suggest the big 12 is so beyond dumb, I wonder if you have even the simplest understanding of college athletics.

Jack Trice where ISU plays seats 61,500, not 42,000 like you suggest. Baylor is at 45,000 closer but still not 42,000. But, the real issue is North Dakota is the 47th most populous state. You add zero tv sets, you add zero recruiting opportunities.

You are ranked #188 nationally academically by U.S. News. That means you bring zero to the table academically. You're tied with Kent State and Suffolk University and at least those two school could offer some TV sets.

The Big 12 would rather tale UAB than North Dakota State.

Puss-In-Boots-Oooh-Cat-Reaction-Gif.gif

Reactions: joehawk20
Broadcast tv & Fox Sports North covers all of dakots

absolutely NDSU gets 19k a game, and easily 10-15k more to tailgating & quite frankly most have given up on the idea of getting a ticket.

ndsu is losing a ton of revenue by not having a bigger stadium

You really should give up this argument. The people on here are seasoned online debaters and will tear you to shreds. We've been nice to you so far. If you keep it up, the claws will come out and your day will be ruined.

Food for thought.

Reactions: ANYCHawk
ok ill take these in the order theyve been asked.

ndsu lost on last sec fg to usd after #2 overall pick Carson Wentz broke his wrist.

that pic was taken b4 the game while we were out tailgating

NDSU gym is a brand new 50 milllion gem

NDSU has not lost by more than 18 since 2005 outside of 1 game

ndsu lost on last sec fg to usd after #2 overall pick Carson Wentz broke his wrist.

and all of that means nothing and presents zero reason why the Big 12 or any other power conference would even remotely begin to think about possibly adding NDSU other than some sort of fraternity like-prank to pull the rug out halfway through.

Wow impressive. $50 million for a new basketball arena, practice facility and strength and conditioning.

Iowa is getting to renovate one end zone of its football stadium for $75 million. It dropped $55 million on a football only practice facility and

Hell even Iowa State just dropped $55 million to renovate one of it's enzone and they haven't won anything....well ever.

But, no you're totally ready to be chosen for a power 5 conference.

200_s.gif

This is getting ridiculously stupid...Lakes has to be trolling for shock comments, nobody can actually be THIS stupid...........Well, I suppose they could. Major conferences are only interested in one thing (for the most part) eyes. Whether that's in the stadium or on TV. The entire state of North Dakota barely has more people than Iowa's largest city (Des Moines). Outside of a winning tradition, they literally have ZERO to entice a major conference. Hell, even the BiG's smallest state market (Nebraska), Omaha-Lincoln has 1.3M people which is almost as much as the entire states of North AND South Dakota, combined.

I suppose it's true that isolation does breed insanity.

Great all 47 people in North Dokata watch. That means zero. It's all about potential and total TV sets. It's why the Big 10 added Rutgers. Do you think there are ton of people that watch rutgers? But now the big 10 could go to ESPN and Fox and say hey we're in the New York market. And now we have a $60 million per school TV contract. Denver offer 1.6 million TV sets alone in its media market. The entire state of North Dakota offers 750,000 (and that's if every person owns a TV, so the total is likely much lower).

Enjoyed reading the back and forth debate about NDSU and their attendance as I sat bored at work today. As an Illinois State fan I am not a huge fan of NDSU, but have to back Lakesbison on this one. They are one heck of a fan base as far as following their team and would agree they could easily use a much bigger stadium. Also want to add Iowa is lucky one of their colors is yellow, so people cannot notice that their are as many bison fans in Iowa City tomorrow as Iowa fans...

I think if Iowa manages to win big in this one it's largely due to the fact NDSU had two rough opening contests that both took extra time to decide a winner. With that being said I am looking forward to seeing how this game shakes out tomorrow, before I head to the ISU tailgating scene.

Reactions: Lakesbison
Enjoyed reading the back and forth debate about NDSU and their attendance as I sat bored at work today. As an Illinois State fan I am not a huge fan of NDSU, but have to back Lakesbison on this one. They are one heck of a fan base as far as following their team and would agree they could easily use a much bigger stadium. Also want to add Iowa is lucky one of their colors is yellow, so people cannot notice that their are as many bison fans in Iowa City tomorrow as Iowa fans...

I think if Iowa manages to win big in this one it's largely due to the fact NDSU had two rough opening contests that both took extra time to decide a winner. With that being said I am looking forward to seeing how this game shakes out tomorrow, before I head to the ISU tailgating scene.

wow you had to go create an entirely fake Illinois state handle now. That's commitment to a troll.

giphy.gif

Reactions: joehawk20 and IAGuy
wow you had to go create an entirely fake Illinois state handle now. That's commitment to a troll.

giphy.gif

Just thought I would add an outside opinion for the discussion. Guess is does look a little fishy that I just created an account, but everyone has to have a first post at some point...

Just thought I would add an outside opinion for the discussion. Guess is does look a little fishy that I just created an account, but everyone has to have a first post at some point...

So you're a FCS fan. Randomly following discussions between two schools you don't play on the home school's message board.

Dude I can help you find a hobby!

I seriously want to tailgate with lakes tomorrow. Either her is an amazing troll and pretty hilarious (which I think he is) or he's so engulfed in ndsu football. Either way I think it'd be a blast.

Reactions: Lakesbison
only Iowa fans would take the time to talk shit to a FCS team. hopefully you can remind them of your superiority tomorrow and put them in their place. good luck.

well, at least we only paid 500 G for our ass-whoopin. It cost the pillow Fightin' Illini 1.2 million.

only Iowa fans would take the time to talk shit to a FCS team. hopefully you can remind them of your superiority tomorrow and put them in their place. good luck.

Be thankful the B1G 86ed scheduling FCS schools. All that green would really stand out at Memorial Stadium.

Sure thing, dipshit!

Ha! Ha! You know damned well you wouldn't want Nebraska playing them. Funny thing, everyone says the same thing BEFORE they play NDSU. Idiots on a Minnesota board still talk all kinds of smack after losing to them...TWICE. Just wait and see how the B1G season turns out and then do a little common opponent comparison and then we'll see who the dipshit is. You're a hoot. You do realize that Tom Osborne retired 20 years ago, right?

well NDSU came and destroyed your entire season... i want to apologize.... we are sorry...

NDSU had nothing to do with Iowa being a dumpster fire. The better team won that game, which says a lot more about the state of Iowa's football program than it does NDSU.

still beat you and K state. Minnesota Colorado st. its ok, we know our program is better, its cool

Having a guy take a step down aways a sign of a better program. Know your role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT