ADVERTISEMENT

The BLM movement is based on a false premise... and now it is harming the Iowa football program

speed4power

HB All-State
Aug 17, 2017
The central thesis of the BLM organization, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is not true. According to FBI statistics, black people committ over 50% of the violent crime in our country, but account for only 23% of killings by police. Studies have found that when normalized for the amount of crime committed, black people are actually LESS, not more, likely to be killed by police. There were only 9 unarmed black men killed by police last year and more than twice as many whites. Police officers are 18.5x more likely to be killed by black men, than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a police officer. Black men make up 6% of the population but are responsible for 42% of police deaths. Racism still does exist unfortunately and it comes from people of every color, not just white. But what we really have here is a crime problem in the black community, not a policing problem. Sometimes the truth hurts, but these things need to be said to bring meaningful positive change in black communities. I am all for empowering black Americans, but the BLM organization will not do that, in fact it does the opposite.

As for this football team, I hope they don't kneel during the national anthem over this movement that is not really based in reality. The anthem is a time that we are supposed to come together as Americans. Ultimately they will have to make that decision though, and I will still cheer for Iowa football either way. Regarding Doyle, it sounds like he might go overboard on his jokes sometimes and he can fix that. But also people need to lighten up and not be so sensitive.

Last edited:
There we go, I was waiting for some ignorant shit. I knew it existed all around us in Iowa. You from the 4th District? Boy, that is some ****ed up shit out that way, Steve King for 18 years? Embarassing, but not as much as your post. Go be an Ole Miss Fan.

Notice how you don't refute any of the facts, because you can't. Just resort to name calling. Classic.

LOL, some dumb clown like you wanting facts, you watch Faux news and are a Trumpturd, you have no clue what FACTS even mean.

You're not helping your case. This is the problem today. People are all emotion, and when confronted with actual facts and data that blows up their narrative, they just can't handle it. If you have a problem with what I posted, take it up with the FBI and DOJ.

The central thesis of the BLM movement, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is total BS. It is a provable lie. According to FBI statistics, black people committ over 50% of the violent crime in our country, but account for only 23% of killings by police. Studies have found that when normalized for the amount of crime committed, black people are actually LESS, not more, likely to be killed by police. There were only 9 unarmed black men killed by police last year and more than twice as many whites. Police officers are 18.5x more likely to be killed by black men, than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a police officer. Black men make up 6% of the population but are responsible for 42% of police deaths. Racism still does exist unfortunately and it comes from people of every color, not just white. But what we really have here is a crime problem in the black community, not a policing problem. Sometimes the truth hurts, but these things need to be said to bring meaningful positive change in black communities.

As for this football team, I hope they don't kneel during the national anthem over this bogus movement that is not based in reality. The anthem is a time that we are supposed to come together as Americans. Ultimately they will have to make that decision though, and I will still cheer for Iowa football either way. Regarding Doyle, it sounds like he might go overboard on his jokes sometimes and he can fix that. But also people need to lighten up and not be so sensitive.
You are one of these Clowns on the fence line

You're not helping your case. This is the problem today. People are all emotion, and when confronted with actual facts and data that blows up their narrative, they just can't handle it. If you have a problem with what I posted, take it up with the FBI and DOJ.
I don't need to help anything you are wrong, the end.

Those stats are true, I’ve seen them also, but listing them while things are still so raw isn’t in the best taste.
It doesn't matter my friend, at all. Centuries of slavery, oppression, KKK building Civil War monuments decades after the war to continue to keep the black people down, unfair treatment and the shit we see now in our own footblal program. IT DOESNT MATTER WE ARE STILL NOT EQUAL.

Those stats are true, I’ve seen them also, but listing them while things are still so raw isn’t in the best taste.

I can agree with that. But also the truth matters, and it's hard to just sit back and watch this continue unabated.

The most important things holding back black people in 2020 is not racism. It's that 75% of black children are growing up without fathers, high crime rates, and lack of quality education at the elementary and high school level. These things are all fixable. Watching our society get torn apart like this over a niche issue that ignores the actual real problems is painful, and we need more people to start speaking the truth.

The central thesis of the BLM movement, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is total BS. It is a provable lie. According to FBI statistics, black people committ over 50% of the violent crime in our country, but account for only 23% of killings by police. Studies have found that when normalized for the amount of crime committed, black people are actually LESS, not more, likely to be killed by police. There were only 9 unarmed black men killed by police last year and more than twice as many whites. Police officers are 18.5x more likely to be killed by black men, than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a police officer. Black men make up 6% of the population but are responsible for 42% of police deaths. Racism still does exist unfortunately and it comes from people of every color, not just white. But what we really have here is a crime problem in the black community, not a policing problem. Sometimes the truth hurts, but these things need to be said to bring meaningful positive change in black communities.

As for this football team, I hope they don't kneel during the national anthem over this bogus movement that is not based in reality. The anthem is a time that we are supposed to come together as Americans. Ultimately they will have to make that decision though, and I will still cheer for Iowa football either way. Regarding Doyle, it sounds like he might go overboard on his jokes sometimes and he can fix that. But also people need to lighten up and not be so sensitive.

It doesn't matter my friend, at all. Centuries of slavery, oppression, KKK building Civil War monuments decades after the war to continue to keep the black people down, unfair treatment and the shit we see now in our own footblal program. IT DOESNT MATTER WE ARE STILL NOT EQUAL.

I can agree with that. But also the truth matters, and it's hard to just sit back and watch this continue unabated.

The most important things holding back black people in 2020 is not racism. It's that 75% of black children are growing up without fathers, high crime rates, and lack of quality education at the elementary and high school level. These things are all fixable. Watching our society get torn apart like this over a niche issue that ignores the actual real problems is painful, and we need more people to start speaking the truth.

What if both of you are right?

All the problems that Chishawk said are legit problems.

The stats that speed listed have been stated several times now. As an educator, the lack of a permanent father figure is so important to boys (of all races) for so many reasons. Also a difference in divorce parents too but that's not the issue. I have zero clue how to fix that problem by the way.

What if both of you are right?

All the problems that Chishawk said are legit problems.

The stats that speed listed have been stated several times now. As an educator, the lack of a permanent father figure is so important to boys (of all races) for so many reasons. Also a difference in divorce parents too but that's not the issue. I have zero clue how to fix that problem by the way.

I agree with your post. I also agree with Cris that slavery, the KKK, and segregation were major problems. The problem with his argument is that none of these things exist anymore. They are evidence of historical racism, not modern day racism. So now they become more of an excuse than a valid reason for individuals to not succeed. There are still socioeconomic consequences of the historical things he listed, but poor white kids face the exact same challenges that poor black kids face. And these challenges can be overcome with proper guidance. That is why educators like you are so important to these kids.

I agree with your post. I also agree with Cris that slavery, the KKK, and segregation were major problems. The problem with his argument is that none of these things exist anymore. They are evidence of historical racism, not modern day racism. So now they become more of an excuse than a valid reason for individuals to not succeed. There are still socioeconomic consequences of the historical things he listed, but poor white kids face the exact same challenges that poor black kids face. And these challenges can be overcome with proper guidance. That is why educators like you are so important to these kids.
The KKK monuments of the Confederacy do as does the way Blacks are perceived and treated in far too many walks of life.

So, the premise of your thesis is that, since there is a high percentage of violent crime from black people then it is perfectly acceptable that every once in a while a cop just murders a random black person. And if the cop makes a mistake and kills a black person because they raid the wrong apartment, well, our bad. But there's a lot of violent crime from black people so it's all good.

That's the position you want to stand on. I'd say you should rethink your position, but what's the point.

So, the premise of your thesis is that, since there is a high percentage of violent crime from black people then it is perfectly acceptable that every once in a while a cop just murders a random black person. And if the cop makes a mistake and kills a black person because they raid the wrong apartment, well, our bad. But there's a lot of violent crime from black people so it's all good.

That's the position you want to stand on. I'd say you should rethink your position, but what's the point.
Lots of pathetic pukes I'm destroying now.

And what do you think is a massive reason for that? When black people get arrested for possession and end up going to jail for years, sometimes decades, yet white people arrested for the same crime more often than not never even go to jail. There are inequities throughout the entire system that largely contribute to the conditions you have mentioned here. It's all connected.

The central thesis of the BLM organization, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is not true. According to FBI statistics, black people committ over 50% of the violent crime in our country, but account for only 23% of killings by police. Studies have found that when normalized for the amount of crime committed, black people are actually LESS, not more, likely to be killed by police. There were only 9 unarmed black men killed by police last year and more than twice as many whites. Police officers are 18.5x more likely to be killed by black men, than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a police officer. Black men make up 6% of the population but are responsible for 42% of police deaths. Racism still does exist unfortunately and it comes from people of every color, not just white. But what we really have here is a crime problem in the black community, not a policing problem. Sometimes the truth hurts, but these things need to be said to bring meaningful positive change in black communities. I am all for empowering black Americans, but the BLM organization will not do that, in fact it does the opposite.

As for this football team, I hope they don't kneel during the national anthem over this movement that is not really based in reality. The anthem is a time that we are supposed to come together as Americans. Ultimately they will have to make that decision though, and I will still cheer for Iowa football either way. Regarding Doyle, it sounds like he might go overboard on his jokes sometimes and he can fix that. But also people need to lighten up and not be so sensitive.

It's amazes me how some want to go & say BLM is false, blah blah blah.. go look at facts in Minnesota where more black people are killed at hand of police or arrested , or treated more aggressive by police.

Imagine an outdated data being your fact & making a column or whatever you want to call it & then when called out, bringing politics & name calling.

You aren't black. You don't have to fear being In a nice car as a black person that a police officer will call you offer. Or imagine being in a store & a stranger calling you a stupid ******. So get out of here with your blatant ignorance & dog whistle

Wrong wrong wrong. 75 percent of black growing up without a dad? Blatant lie, but keep listening to fox. The real issue is that racism exists & some are just blind or blatantly are ignoring it like you

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you are saying but Doyle telling Black kids to go back to the ghetto and that they don’t like to be on boats in the water isn’t the solution. And Kirk suspending a player (if true) for calling out Doyle’s racist remark isn’t a very good solution either unless it’s a dictator trying to control the false narrative of his program.

Just start paying these amateur athletes professional money if they are going to be enslaved to this bullshit. Don’t give me the whole scholarship BS either. The kids are there for the draft. The school is there to use them to suck the boosters dry and beg for their estates at the athletes expense.

What do your black friends and co-workers think on this issue? Most of the ones I know have been victims of racial profiling and are forced to have conversations with their kids on how to avoid being beaten up or killed by the cops when they are accosted. Maybe your friends have had a different experience?

go away.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Are you telling your black friends that BLM is a joke ? In person ?
I doubt you are. Your stats do not account for the history of systemic racism in this country. BLM didn’t come together as a result of a few isolated issues.
Go out in the world and find some black people, maybe join a protest and discuss with them why BLM is a joke

come on back and tell us what they think of your stats.

There are some good points made on both sides of this argument....This is the whole problem, people can’t listen to each other’s point of view without taking it personally.
Blacks and Whites have a different perspective on most these issues, but are you willing to listen to each other and maybe move the line on an issue or the way you perceived a certain point of view, that’s when as Americans we move the needle in a positive direction.
To me this current situation isn’t about race,look at the crowds of demonstrators,black,white,brown. It’s about reforms in our law enforcement, much needed reforms.
Let’s work together to make this country the best in the world.

There we go, I was waiting for some ignorant shit. I knew it existed all around us in Iowa. You from the 4th District? Boy, that is some ****ed up shit out that way, Steve King for 18 years? Embarassing, but not as much as your post. Go be an Ole Miss Fan.

the only thing embarrassing is your ignorance of the facts

Are you telling your black friends that BLM is a joke ? In person ?
I doubt you are. Your stats do not account for the history of systemic racism in this country. BLM didn’t come together as a result of a few isolated issues.
Go out in the world and find some black people, maybe join a protest and discuss with them why BLM is a joke

come on back and tell us what they think of your stats.

don’t confuse #blacklivesmatter with the group BLM. The BLM group is a domestic terrorist organization funded by Soros to bring about racial divide

Reactions: kzoohawk80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT