ADVERTISEMENT

The BLM movement is based on a false premise... and now it is harming the Iowa football program

Wrong wrong wrong. 75 percent of black growing up without a dad? Blatant lie, but keep listening to fox. The real issue is that racism exists & some are just blind or blatantly are ignoring it like you
If the white man has kept the black man down for so many decades, this has to
Still no facts from Chris. WTF guys, I was looking forward to a good debate.
Thats the problem, there is no debate. Just temper tantrums.

I have no issue with BLM trying to better their race. I do have issues when they say police are biggest threat to a black man’s life. 2019 232 black men killed (includes justified shootings) only 9 unarmed. As much as some want to believe Floyd’s death is the norm it is not. Tragic and awful I’ve yet to meet one person who thought otherwise. Speaking of reform this is a case where he was charged almost right away along with others there. Are their ahole cops? Yes every profession has their bad apples. The key is bad shootings is the motive because he was a poorly trained and messed up or race motivated. Because believe it or not every case of a black man being shot is due to the color of his skin. Case by case basis.

stats have proven with basically every race murdered white and black their biggest threat is their own because most murdered over 90% they knew the victim. As we’ve seen with large urban cities the drug and gang related in some towns like Chicago is depressing. But even yesterday we saw in CR the man convicted who knew the 4 18yr black people in a car be shot killing 2 of them. In my opinion if BLM really wants to be effective instead of pointing the finger condemning the police at every turn try working with them. We’ve seen in DSM their community leaders step up right now and have down a good job creating a working narrative with them.

Notice how you don't refute any of the facts, because you can't. Just resort to name calling. Classic.

Speed, the facts are what they are. They are true. But what exactly do you think this whole thing is about? My own personal opinion follows, from listening and watching over the past couple of weeks as a white man who has no idea what it's like to experience life as a black man. When folks see what the Minneapolis cop did to George Floyd , on video, out in the open, with other cops standing by and doing nothing, it touches a nerve and is on top of the many other myriad experiences they've had in their own lives, whether it's being pulled over by cops for no real reason why their white friends aren't, having a coach question where they got a car when white players aren't (as Jaleel Johnson claims), having the strength coach tell you to go back to the ghetto when that's not where you're from (and even if you are, what the hell does that even mean?), and on and on and on.

I'm not saying facts don't matter, they do. But the facts about the racial makeup of people who are shot by police has very little to do with the current situation with the Iowa football program, or the larger BLM movement in general.

Notice how you don't refute any of the facts, because you can't. Just resort to name calling. Classic.

Actually, he's correct.

Because you are cherry picking facts and mostly laying siege of a vacant castle. You are also ostensibly denying 400 years of systemic and institutional racism and the numerous incidents of police brutality that have disproportionately affected African Americans throughout our nation's history. While substantial improvements have been made, there is still an obvious norms gap that exists in policing today. Hence the protests.

Furthermore, you are obviously unaware of the fact there are many groups and committees in the black community trying to work with law enforcement to address the issues of gang violence in urban communities. I know, because I've attended these committee meetings. Someone who has been an instrumental part of them is Rep. Samad. You know, the black guy talking down rioters at protests and advocating with Governor Reynolds peaceful demonstrations.

The short answer is you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Things are wrong in our country, and some people are trying to fix it.

it always amazes me how much effort some people, like the OP, put into mental and statistical gymnastics trying to prove that there is no problem. Just imagine how great our world would be if everyone put that effort into fixing what kills our country instead.

To say that white people and people of color are treated equally by the police could possibly be a very, very ignorant statement. But 99.8% of the time when it is said; it is a lie.

The central thesis of the BLM organization, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is not true.

I can.

Fact: Since 2000 34 people have been killed by the Mpls police. 2 were white women (and one of these was killed by the very police she had called). The rest were minority males.*

*Correction 3 white males.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris
A lot of kernelling in here, @Lone Clone.

I love it when people look at a worldwide movement and see “false narrative”—people who surely just can’t imagine that something they would prefer believe to be not real is actually very real. Likely many of these people are the same who see and feel (quite emotionally) oppression when asked to stay home for a month or two.

These people like to believe they are the true truth-seekers. No. The real truth needs obscuring, and it is their charge to do so.

Lives and land have been looted to build this country, and this model rages on...

Popovich kind of touches on it:

I can.

Fact: Since 2000 34 people have been killed by the Mpls police. 2 were white women (and one of these was killed by the very police she had called). The rest were minority males.

kind of playing devils advocate. Of those 32 you have to look case by case to say was it justified or not. Any other of them have any controversy over if lethal force was needed or not? How many of these was race a factor or not? Obviously Floyd was a tragic and wrong. From screen name you live up there so I’m sure you’ve heard more of these cases than others.

kind of playing devils advocate. Of those 32 you have to look case by case to say was it justified or not. Any other of them have any controversy over if lethal force was needed or not? How many of these was race a factor or not? Obviously Floyd was a tragic and wrong. From screen name you live up there so I’m sure you’ve heard more of these cases than others.

Have a look: https://www.startribune.com/fatal-police-encounters-since-2000/502088871/
(I made a mistake in an earlier post. The list includes 3 white males.)

it was all BS back when ferguson burned and cops were killed in dallas, and it is BS now. getting iowa football involved is largely KF's fault. he should have shut all this nonsense down immediately and proclaimed it BS and not worth talking about. just made-up twitter nonsense.

Actually, he's correct.

Because you are cherry picking facts and mostly laying siege of a vacant castle. You are also ostensibly denying 400 years of systemic and institutional racism and the numerous incidents of police brutality that have disproportionately affected African Americans throughout our nation's history. While substantial improvements have been made, there is still an obvious norms gap that exists in policing today. Hence the protests.

Furthermore, you are obviously unaware of the fact there are many groups and committees in the black community trying to work with law enforcement to address the issues of gang violence in urban communities. I know, because I've attended these committee meetings. Someone who has been an instrumental part of them is Rep. Samad. You know, the black guy talking down rioters at protests and advocating with Governor Reynolds peaceful demonstrations.

The short answer is you don't know what you're talking about.
Please explain this “systemic racism” and what it is exactly.

I don't think anybody argues the statistics. I think we argue about what the solution should be. burning down the auto zone and taking iowa football down, is not the answer. I said before that taking the fight to the local cop shop or capitol building is the right way to do it. they did that here in Austin: problem is the capitol building and police station are close to I-35, then they shut that freeway down. wrong thing to do. they started out peaceful and it went bad. I think there is a faction, a large faction, who plan on it going bad from the beginning.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
It doesn't matter my friend, at all. Centuries of slavery, oppression, KKK building Civil War monuments decades after the war to continue to keep the black people down, unfair treatment and the shit we see now in our own footblal program. IT DOESNT MATTER WE ARE STILL NOT EQUAL.

You, sir, are an idiot. When facts have no place in a discussion, all is lost.

The central thesis of the BLM organization, that there is a widespread problem with police officers murdering innocent black men, is not true. According to FBI statistics, black people committ over 50% of the violent crime in our country, but account for only 23% of killings by police. Studies have found that when normalized for the amount of crime committed, black people are actually LESS, not more, likely to be killed by police. There were only 9 unarmed black men killed by police last year and more than twice as many whites. Police officers are 18.5x more likely to be killed by black men, than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a police officer. Black men make up 6% of the population but are responsible for 42% of police deaths. Racism still does exist unfortunately and it comes from people of every color, not just white. But what we really have here is a crime problem in the black community, not a policing problem. Sometimes the truth hurts, but these things need to be said to bring meaningful positive change in black communities. I am all for empowering black Americans, but the BLM organization will not do that, in fact it does the opposite.

As for this football team, I hope they don't kneel during the national anthem over this movement that is not really based in reality. The anthem is a time that we are supposed to come together as Americans. Ultimately they will have to make that decision though, and I will still cheer for Iowa football either way. Regarding Doyle, it sounds like he might go overboard on his jokes sometimes and he can fix that. But also people need to lighten up and not be so sensitive.
The Washinton Post changed their process in determining who made it on the list of killed by police, so now that number has changed to 15. This is ridiculous. They needed it to look worse so they changed it after the fact. Liberal minded zeal in moving the goal post.

Reactions: stereolab
You’re a complete dipshit. Clearly part of the liberal mob who can’t have a REAL conversation
So, instead of looking at the problem, you choose to dis the poster. You may not agree with what Chris said...or how he said it, but you attack him to deny the fact that a problem does damn well exist. That accomplished nothing. And your attitude of “ nothing to see here” is exactly why there is a problem...and there probably is something to see here.

Also, how is some paint harming the Iowa football program than one of the coaches being outed for deeply embedded racist views?

Paint can be cleaned up in one afternoon. The culture of Iowa football cannot.

LOL, some dumb clown like you wanting facts, you watch Faux news and are a Trumpturd, you have no clue what FACTS even mean.
Some people like to think about what they say and provide information, others emote and whine like children. Yes, your responses currently are childlike. Provide info and facts to refute what you read.

Not counting Floyd. From reading through the black men killed I’d say 2 weren’t good and lawsuits mentioned in their briefs even though one said police was cleared. And probably a 3rd one I thought was questionable. Other 28 I thought were justified. Again just my opinion from what I read.

No body cams though...

What if both of you are right?

All the problems that Chishawk said are legit problems.

The stats that speed listed have been stated several times now. As an educator, the lack of a permanent father figure is so important to boys (of all races) for so many reasons. Also a difference in divorce parents too but that's not the issue. I have zero clue how to fix that problem by the way.

Well Chishawk is/comes across as an unhinged sociopath so maybe he isn't the best spokesman for anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT