ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

It’s not. JP is trolling. But if he wants to keep looking like an idiot then I’ll indulge him.
We need a tech savvy person to find a video of someone dangling off a mountain holding on to a rope and strand by strand the rope is unraveling.

I have enjoyed the ‘well what about’ approach from Joe. Not his normal approach.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
USA Basketball announced the camp on March 28. Two days before #1 seed Iowa played Colorado in the Sweet Sixteen.

...and they have 2-3 weeks SHORTER timespan than in prior years to hold the tryout camp

‘Iowa was not remotely expected to make the FF.’
Posted Joe

They were not.

They were expected to lose to one of the top-tier teams in their bracket. UCLA, LSU or UConn.
Reasonably sure they were underdogs in the two actual games they played against LSU and UConn.

The 2020 games were actually held in 2021. You remember COVID, right?
And still NO rookie players on the team.

That makes 2024 the SHORTEST timespan from NCAA FF to Olympics among all of them.
Which actually makes my point for me. Thx.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
...and they have 2-3 weeks SHORTER timespan than in prior years to hold the tryout camp
You clearly paid no attention at all to my post about Breanna Stewart. Auriemma brought Team USA to Storrs in February - in the middle of UConn’s season, specifically so Stewart could train with and try out for the team. She was officially added to the team roster in April, shortly after UConn’s season ended and before she made her debut with the Seattle Storm.

So that blows your “SHORTER timespan” theory all to shit.

They were not.

They were expected to lose to one of the top-tier teams in their bracket. UCLA, LSU or UConn.
Reasonably sure they were underdogs in the two actual games they played against LSU and UConn.
UConn wasn’t in Iowa’s bracket. They were Iowa’s opponent in the Final Four. And UCLA and LSU was always going to be an either/or because they had to play each other before Iowa.

Iowa was a 2.5-point favorite over LSU in the Elite 8. It’s wildly inaccurate to claim Iowa “was not remotely expected” to make the Final Four. It was always a very real possibility.

Can I nominate someone for WPOTY in this thread
Every time I check back on this thread I'm like
The Office Love GIF

You clearly paid no attention at all to my post about Breanna Stewart. Auriemma brought Team USA to Storrs in February
...and when you are the Team USA coach, you can make calls like that.

Lisa Bluder was never a Team USA coach.

• Sad
So that blows your “SHORTER timespan” theory all to shit.
No; it does not.

It shows you that an NCAA coach who is also a Team USA coach gets more leeway on decision processes.

Again: You're all over the map here.

Yes.

And "the Final Four" was what was going on during Team USA tryouts...
It didn’t matter if Iowa was favored to win that game (Iowa was a 3.5-point favorite, btw) because the fact that they were scheduled to play the game at all prohibited CC from being able to attend the tryout camp.

Again, if USA Basketball was even a little bit serious about giving CC or any other incoming rookie at shot at the team, they could have easily scheduled the camp for the day after the title game.

They simply did not give a shit about giving any rookies a shot. Only UConn grads get that privilege.

Last edited:
Again: You're all over the map here.
It was a direct response to you repeatedly pointing out that Clark didn’t attend the tryout camp. So if I’m “all over the map” it’s only because you’re leading the way.

They were not.

Reasonably sure they were underdogs in the two actual games

May want to revisit that

A "possibility"

Not a "likelihood".
If ‘could be considered(Staley)
And ‘probably make the team(Joe)
Are consistent (they aren’t)

Then ‘possibility’ and ‘likelihood’ would be consistent.

If you are being consistent (you aren’t)
And another strand of the rope frays. Keep trying, you may find a valid point….. may not equating to likely in this thread for you

Again, if USA Basketball was even a little bit serious about giving CC or any other incoming rookie at shot at the team, they could have easily scheduled the camp for the day after the title game.

They simply did not give a shit about giving any rookies a shot.

If they had an extra 2-3 weeks, like in other Olympics years, maybe they'd have tried to do that.

Perhaps email and ask them if it is so terribly important to you.

And another strand of the rope frays.
What rope frays?

I've been pointing out that CC did not get "shafted" off Team USA.

She was not afforded the one-time tryout a UConn player was.
But you have no indication that the tryouts could have been delayed to accommodate a 2-wk shorter period for Team USA prep.

You've also posted no stats that justify Team USA taking her based on her early WNBA play (which was not good, compared to the last 6-10 games before the Olympics).

• Haha
What rope frays?

The one you are holding onto with your faulty logic and poor efforts. Maybe sports aren’t your thing.
I've been pointing out that CC did not get "shafted" off Team USA.
She was ‘essentially the same’ as the league average player who made the team. FYI I dont believe I have said she was shafted off the team. I have just been battering your feeble attempts to support your premise. Pretty much every attempt to deflect, deny, change the subject, etc. how is Jrue Holiday doing.
She was not afforded the one-time tryout a UConn player was.
But you have no indication that the tryouts could have been delayed to accommodate a 2-wk shorter period for Team USA prep.
I haven’t even mentioned this so no relevance to the exchanges between you and I. Standard approach for you in this thread.
You've also posted no stats that justify Team USA taking her based on her early WNBA play (which was not good, compared to the last 6-10 games before the Olympics).
Stats have been posted that she was ‘she was essentially the same’ as the league average player who made the team. Whether she got better after the selection is immaterial to the discussion. You continue to bring up her improvement because?
Well probably another feeble attempt to distract and deflect.

I do notice that you have stopped attempting to defend your grossly inaccurate comment based on Staleys ‘would probably be considered’
I would stop with that one as well. It wasn’t your best effort. The fact that you stayed on that one and then went after the ‘possibility’ and ‘likelyhood’ angle was a fine example of your poor efforts in this thread.

Pro tip, maybe sports aren’t your thing. Go back to COVID, vacc, BPA and other things you are good at. This subject isn’t it for you.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Stats have been posted that she was ‘she was essentially the same’ as the league average player who made the team. Whether she got better after the selection is immaterial to the discussion.

She was no better than someone w/ more experience than her.

And it does matter that "she got better", because that's what Staley alluded to.
And she did not "just get better" - she got A LOT better in the last 6-10 games before the break - her performance in those WNBA games is better than many who were on the roster.

Only, you haven't posted any of those numbers.

You've posted nothing that articulates any argument as to why Clark should be on the team.
She generated unprecedented exposure, interest, and publicity for both women’s college basketball and the WNBA. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that she could/would have done the same thing for USA Basketball on the world’s biggest stage.

None of those are factors for tryouts, no matter how many times you repeat them to yourself
That’s only because there was no precedent to draw from. There was no blueprint for how to account for a player like Clark because there has never been a player like Clark.

No one in the history of women’s basketball has generated this kind of energy. No one else has even come close. When an absolute godsend lands in your lap and completely changes the calculus, you have to at least consider changing your selection criteria.

Arguing with JP is pointless. If he decides water is dry he will never admit it's not.
What are your arguments she should have been on the team, then?

• She did not attend tryouts
  • Her early season WNBA performance was not good
  • Her WNBA performance by the ~June 10 cutoff was no better than any of the tryout attendees

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT