ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

A network whose existence is based on advertising based on viewers is spinning the numbers to make it look the best it can. Color me surprised.

Statistics don’t lie I guess lol

So, now you'll just ignore the numbers, since you and your buddies got called out on it.

BAU.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Only someone as catastrophically stupid as JP would claim that the reason USA/Japan only drew 13,000 attendance was because the game didn’t start until 9:00pm local time….and then brag that a game played at 3:00 in the afternoon drew higher tv ratings than games played at 2:00 in the morning.

Only JP would claim that the reason USA/Japan only drew 13,000 attendance was because the game didn’t start until 9:00pm local time

Yet, that's what actually happened. Same w/ another 9 PM start time game, w/ low attendance.
And your "catastrophically stupid" take that ratings are down is thoroughly debunked by data (again) w/ games having higher viewership than anything before.

Yet, that's what actually happened. Same w/ another 9 PM start time game, w/ low attendance.
You missed my point entirely, as per usual. If 9:00pm is just too doggone late to attend a basketball game then what makes you think tv ratings for a game played in the middle of the night are comparable to a game played in the afternoon?

And your "catastrophically stupid" take that ratings are down
This is yet another blatant lie by you. We’ll just add it to the growing list of your blatant lies. At no time did I say ratings are
down. I said ratings would have been higher if Clark was there. That’s indisputable common sense.
is thoroughly debunked by data (again) w/ games having higher viewership than anything before.
This is demonstrably false. Viewership is most definitely not higher than anything before. It is higher than viewership for the previous Olympics in Tokyo - which, as I have tried to explain to you, is a 13-16 hour time difference from mainland United States. When it’s afternoon or early evening in Japan, most Americans are asleep because it’s the middle of the night here.

The three US Women’s games that were televised by NBC in the 2012 London Olympics averaged over 10 million viewers. The preliminary round game between USA and Croatia drew an average of 11.4 million viewers. So no, USA/Japan last week did not set any all-time records. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT