ADVERTISEMENT

The CC Show....

So is all the speculation about Clark/Taurasi, etc here.

Meanwhile, no one is calling for Jrue Holiday to be off Team USA for his "performance" against PR...

So the April camp that Clark missed because of the Final Four, Arike was not in it. So she must really good at predicting the future about online outrage or she already took her name out of the pool while Clark was still at Iowa.

As for Jrue, I don't care about the men's team. I've never seen him play. Was he picked over one of the most impactful athletes in a generation?

Last edited:
So, your points only matter for the US Women's BB team.
No other sports, at all.
Are there any rowers out there who have set multiple attendance records at rowing venues across the country? Are there any rowers out there who have set tv viewership records on every single network that televises rowing? Are there any rowers out there who have inspired countless kids in the 8-15 year old age range to take up the sport of rowing? And if so, are those rowers arguably good enough to be on the Olympic rowing team but got left off so some 42-year-old rower could collect their 6th gold medal for doing next to nothing?

Because unless all of those things are true, your point is indescribably stupid.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
So is all the speculation about Clark/Taurasi, etc here.

Meanwhile, no one is calling for Jrue Holiday to be off Team USA for his "performance" against PR...
Holiday missed the Puerto Rico game because he injured his ankle in the previous game against South Sudan. You’re just flinging shit against the wall at this point.

Perhaps she thought she was going to be "bumped" for Clark.

Or, worse: chosen OVER Clark, and didn't want to deal w/ the online hate.
That's possible but I doubt it. Remember, she got screwed over for the Tokyo Olympics as well. She's been down this road a few times.

Are there any rowers out there who have set multiple attendance records at rowing venues across the country?
Is there an "attendance" issue at the Olympics?
Was not aware of that. Can you link a story about it?

But he had 0 points.

That was your "criteria" above.
Let’s do a quick comparison of how the Olympics are going so far for Jrue Holiday and Diana Taurasi:

Games played:
Holiday - 2
Taurasi - 2

Taurasi - 2

Assists:
Holiday - 4
Taurasi - 1

Rebounds:
Holiday - 6
Taurasi - 3

You sure you want to pursue this comparison? Do you wanna maybe think about it first?

Reactions: jaxhawk06
Is there an "attendance" issue at the Olympics?
Was not aware of that. Can you link a story about it?
USA vs Japan, which was a rematch of the gold medal game from the 2020/21 Olympics, drew just 13,000 in attendance. That was about half of the attendance at most other games and by far the lowest of any game so far.

But attendance really isn’t really USA Basketball’s primary concern. TV ratings are more important. Merchandise sales are more important. Exposure and excitement for the WNBA and for women’s basketball in general are more important. There’s one woman in the world who could have delivered all of those things. I’ll give you one clue - she’s not 42 years old.

Caitlin Clark Team USA jerseys and other merch would have sold faster than they could box them up. TV ratings would have set all-time records. Excitement and energy around the team would have been off the charts.

Let’s do a quick comparison of how the Olympics are going so far for Jrue Holiday and Diana Taurasi:

Games played:
Holiday - 2
Taurasi - 2

Taurasi - 2

Assists:
Holiday - 4
Taurasi - 1

Rebounds:
Holiday - 6
Taurasi - 3

You sure you want to pursue this comparison? Do you wanna maybe think about it first?
Why don't you compare entire roster stats, if this means so much to you.

USA vs Japan, which was a rematch of the gold medal game from the 2020/21 Olympics, drew just 13,000 in attendance. That was about half of the attendance at most other games and by far the lowest of any game so far.
Iowans ain't flocking to Paris to see BB games

USA vs Japan, which was a rematch of the gold medal game from the 2020/21 Olympics, drew just 13,000 in attendance.
So?

What is "typical" round play attendance?
If you want to make comparison, compare those.

Why don't you compare entire roster stats, if this means so much to you.
I’m not even sure what point you think you’re making anymore. I pointed out that DT followed a very pedestrian 2 points/1 assist/ 3 rebounds performance against Japan by missing all three of her shots against Belgium and failing to register a single positive stat in the boxscore.

You then got pissy and suggested that we should send Jrue Holiday home because he didn’t score against Puerto Rico, as if him sitting out the game with an injury he suffered in the previous game is even a little bit comparable to DT failing to do anything productive in a game where she started and played 15 minutes.

I’m not even sure what point you think you’re making anymore.
If you think Taurasi has no value to the team, post stats for that team, and some others.
Let's see how things stack up.

CC went 0-7 in the All Star game, but you seem to think she "turned the game around" (she did not, Arike did).

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk

Both the USA-Japan and Serbia-Puerto Rico games were scheduled at 9:00 p.m. local time, while the others were played earlier. Considering that both matches had the lowest attendance among all the games played, the time could have been a huge factor.

No one wanted to stay up that late.

So, let's compare games at the same times of day here.

• Haha
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Why are your buds posting attendance comparisons for the last game of the day, when most people are going to bed?
I have no idea what you’re talking about and I don’t care. I’ve been out and about and just started at the end of the thread. Don’t really care to read back through it for the play by play.

If you think Taurasi has no value to the team, post stats for that team, and some others.
Let's see how things stack up.

CC went 0-7 in the All Star game, but you seem to think she "turned the game around" (she did not, Arike did).
Lol. We've reached the point in the thread where JP becomes desperate and resorts to blatantly lying and making up fake quotes because he has absolutely nothing else he can do.

Goodnight, bitch.

Reactions: MplsHawk
This is actually the quote/video - from Staley - I posted pages ago.

That your buddies took issue with.

Because CC's numbers improved substantially after the Team USA selection - which is precisely what Staley said, and I agreed with.

They've been trying to argue her first WNBA games were "good enough" to land a spot; Staley indicated that was not the case, and the numbers show it.

The stats have already been posted. Taurasi sucks at these Olympics, and her selection appears to have been a big mistake.

Reactions: MplsHawk and Bro D
"Voulez-vous aller au match olympique de basket-ball féminin ce soir?"

"Cela dépend de qui joue."

"États-Unis contre Japon."

"C'est super. À quelle heure commence le match?"

"21h00."

"Bon sang! T'es fou? Il n'y a aucune chance que j'aille à un match de basket à 21 heures, à moins que la Serbie ne joue contre Porto Rico."

Kind of amusing that a guy watching this thread came around and posted the same Dawn Staley video I did, that triggered you in the first place...
Almost as amusing as you fabricating a completely bogus quote and attributing it to me.

They start Taurasi, but quickly pull her and then she barely plays the rest of the game.
They can’t even find a place for her in these games. Terrible choice to gift her one more Gold Medal, just to sit on the bench.

They start Taurasi, but quickly pull her and then she barely plays the rest of the game.
They can’t even find a place for her in these games. Terrible choice to gift her one more Gold Medal, just to sit on the bench.
Had the game on in the background but wasn’t ‘watching’ the second half. Did Gray or DT even play in the 2nd half? Definitely a transfer of power to the young guard over veterans in this Olympics.

Reactions: TJ8869
But she was effectively ‘league average’ when selected which was better than the one player who hadn’t played prior to the selection.

Looking forward to the response. Will it be fouls? Turnovers? Experience? Not their job to grow the game…..

Since crew has been used will it be ‘what is judo doing to grow the sport’ or ‘this player didn’t play in this soccer match therefore…..’
Tactics that are used when your case can’t be supported very well.

Had the game on in the background but wasn’t ‘watching’ the second half. Did Gray or DT even play in the 2nd half? Definitely a transfer of power to the young guard over veterans in this Olympics.
Box score shows those two didn't do jack shit. Young went off though.

Another scoreless game from Taurasi. Seemed like she played less than 5 minutes. But she started the game. So transparent.

The fact that she is not only on the team but actually also starting defies all explanation. First possession of the game she mishandled a pass that almost became a turnover except that it went out of bounds off a Germany player. Then she gave up a 3-pointer, and then she badly missed a 3-pointer on her only shot attempt of the game.

Zero points. Zero rebounds. One assist.

Team USA is fortunate to have Stewart and Wilson, because without them they are not a gold medal team.

Box score shows those two didn't do jack shit. Young went off though.

Stewart and Wilson need to go. Only 2 assists and 4!!!!! Turnovers. Bench them. Turnovers are very important in international basketball!!!!!! A 1:2 ratio is worse than 1:1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT