ADVERTISEMENT

The Covid Capitulation

I would think Pfizer and Moderna should "fund" such things because they're going to make bank on them.

Where the hell is vaccine version 2.0 anyway? I thought we were supposed to have a new one in March.

it was made for the original omicron strain so it’s totally worthless now. We need pan Covid vaccines.

Reactions: torbee
When most virology experts agree that the virus was zoonotic in origin and the likelihood of your alleged conspiracies are extremely unlikely?

Brilliant.
Sorry. No one’s duping me into being stupid enough to believe that the most contagious virus we have ever seen just came out of the fing blue 2 miles from a lab that was performing experiments enhancing bat viruses.

I don’t believe in coincidences, particularly ones that the CCP is determined to make us believe. Thinking the lab theory is a conspiracy shows you’re incapable of independent thought.

Sorry. No one’s duping me into being stupid enough to believe that the most contagious virus we have ever seen just came out of the fing blue 2 miles from a lab that was performing experiments enhancing bat viruses.

I don’t believe in coincidences, particularly ones that the CCP is determined to make us believe. Thinking the lab theory is a conspiracy shows you’re incapable of independent thought.
Measles and the common cold virus are more contagious than C-19, were they engineered in a lab as well? Is that the hallmark trait of an engineered viral lab leak?

I don't expect to sway you to the likely truth. You've already shown here that you prefer to live in the world of conspiracy and sensationalism that's fed to you from the unreliable sources you graze on. Then you turn around and claim that others are incapable of original thought.

Brilliant.

Measles and the common cold virus are more contagious than C-19, were they engineered in a lab as well? Is that the hallmark trait of an engineered viral lab leak?

I don't expect to sway you to the likely truth. You've already shown here that you prefer to live in the world of conspiracy and sensationalism that's fed to you from the unreliable sources you graze on. Then you turn around and claim that others are incapable of original thought.

Brilliant.
Common cold? BS. You can believe what you want about me, I really don’t care. You’ve shown your true colors when you spouted off ignorance about twitter. Again, keep being a tool of the CCP. Dismissing the lab theory as conspiracy is trash that Xi would love to hear. It’s not conspiracy. There’s a lot of evidence for it.

Yup.

51 "experts" said Hunters laptop was Russian disinformation, so we know experts are always right. ::roll eyes::

There's also plenty of e-mail evidence that Fauci pressured scientists into changing there mind on the origin, not to mention Daszak organized the scientists claiming natural origin. And of course there are the grant documents that clearly state what used to be defined as gain of function.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/letter-confirms-wuhan-lab-virus-study-was-funded-by-taxpayers/

Reactions: NCHawk5
Common cold? BS. You can believe what you want about me, I really don’t care. You’ve shown your true colors when you spouted off ignorance about twitter. Again, keep being a tool of the CCP. Dismissing the lab theory as conspiracy is trash that Xi would love to hear. It’s not conspiracy. There’s a lot of evidence for it.

Reactions: torbee
We are not going to do one single thing to China at this point, whether they did create it in a lab or not.
So, it doesn't really matter.

What do you think is going to happen? We will somehow definitively prove China created it after all this time?
And, released it on accident? On purpose?
We've been investigating the origin of the virus for over two years, with no real progress. At least publicly.
So, no, it doesn't matter at this point.

What do you think is going to happen? We will somehow definitively prove China created it after all this time?
And, released it on accident? On purpose?
We've been investigating the origin of the virus for over two years, with no real progress. At least publicly.
So, no, it doesn't matter at this point.
I have no expectation that anything will happen, to China, or to Fauci et al. Fauci will undoubtedly retire before 2024, so firing him probably won't be an option. In the very least, we might get some visibility on future funding, so this doesn't happen again on the taxpayers' dime.

FWIW, I think it was an accident.

I have no expectation that anything will happen, to China, or to Fauci et al. Fauci will undoubtedly retire before 2024, so firing him probably won't be an option. In the very least, we might get some visibility on future funding, so this doesn't happen again on the taxpayers' dime.

FWIW, I think it was an accident.
We will arrest him per numerous GOP maniacs running for office currently!!

North Korea avoided Covid for 2 years...and now they all have it. All the precautions didn't matter.
You were never going to hide out long enough to avoid covid. Vaccination and/or exposure leads to immunity and has always been the only way forward.
ORLY?

Kenneth won’t be happy until all humans on the planet must wear hazmat suits 24x7.
Well, clearly Mother Nature needs to step up her game. It's becoming obvious even to optimists that we need more and deadlier pandemics if there's going to be any chance to avert climate catastrophe and the destruction of thousands if not millions of innocent species.

I mean why should other species pay the price if Big Mamma can just wipe out a big enough chunk of humanity?

Mankind has had its chance.

Time to give Meerkats a shot at it.

Reactions: Finance85

Brilliant.
The thing about conspiracy theorists is they always can fall back on “that’s exactly what someone trying to cover it up WOULD say!”

It’s exhausting trying to reason with the willfully gullible.

The thing about conspiracy theorists is they always can fall back on “that’s exactly what someone trying to cover it up WOULD say!”

Except there's a lot of evidence this was engineered. There's no zoological reservoir.

This isn’t a conspiracy theory. The US government (under Biden) have came out and said the lab leak theory needs to be investigated further.

BS meter is off the charts when the Chinese talk about its origins. I guess you probably trust governments that commit genocide and censor everything their population sees.

I would think Pfizer and Moderna should "fund" such things because they're going to make bank on them.

Where the hell is vaccine version 2.0 anyway? I thought we were supposed to have a new one in March.
The strength of the mRNA vaccines is starting to look like their weakness, now.

By focusing on the spike and only the spike, as the spike mutates, the vaccine's protection may be evaded. Whereas some traditional vaccines, which use a larger portion of the whole virus, are likely to trigger stronger protection to unchanging parts of the virus at the T and B cell levels.

Don't go too far down the rabbit hole on this, though, because (as far as I can tell) the data are more suggestive than probative. Still, that makes sense.

The strength of the mRNA vaccines is starting to look like their weakness, now.

By focusing on the spike and only the spike, as the spike mutates, the vaccine's protection may be evaded. Whereas some traditional vaccines, which use a larger portion of the whole virus, are likely to trigger stronger protection to unchanging parts of the virus at the T and B cell levels.

Don't go too far down the rabbit hole on this, though, because (as far as I can tell) the data are more suggestive than probative. Still, that makes sense.
mRNA was only the delivery method. The JnJ used adenovirus but also targeted spike protein.

mRNA was only the delivery method. The JnJ used adenovirus but also targeted spike protein.
This is an old page but it's a great look at the differences among many of the vaccines. The data about mechanisms of action should still be valid. If you scroll down a bit you'll see some excellent diagrams of how they work.

Eric Topol (Scripps Institute) was just on tonight's PBS Newshour.

I like the way he explained it. The latest variant of Omicron is simply not being seen very well by our immune systems - even among those who got the earlier version of Omicron as recently as January or February.

Vaccines, boosters and having caught COVID do afford protection - just not nearly as much as was the case when Delta was the dominant strain.

Instead of 95% protection, we're now down to more like 80%. And that's not against catching it, just against hospitalization and death. Which, of course, is still a pretty great level of protection.

Even the best protected are something like 20% more likely to wind up in the hospital and to die than the best protected used to be. That's Topol's number. And remember, that's if you are among the best protected.

Reactions: dgordo
So . . . if the best protection from vaccines and having caught COVID is less protective than it used to be, does that mean we should be better about wearing masks?

As a fat oldtimer, I will still wear a mask. But I suspect most younger folks without comorbidities are pretty fed up with masks.

This is the scary part.

If you are in a high risk group - and yes, Virginia, there are still high risk groups - this can still be a deadly disease which, unfortunately, is a magnitude more contagious than it used to be.

Reactions: dgordo
How many times have you had the flu?

Covid will be the same deal.
Yeah but it’s going to infect and kill more people. And side note: I’ve had the flu and Covid one time. Covid is way more transmissible and more deadly.

Yeah but it’s going to infect and kill more people. And side note: I’ve had the flu and Covid one time. Covid is way more transmissible and more deadly.

Only because it's new.

The flu was more deadly in 1918.

We've evolved to live with it since then.

Only because it's new.

The flu was more deadly in 1918.

We've evolved to live with it since then.
I don’t think you’re correct based on transmission rate. The flu is really not that contagious compared to Covid.

If the lab theory is true, and I really think it’s 50% at worst right now, we don’t even know how this was designed. It started off way ahead of the game genetically.

This isn’t something that nature produced, and we can’t think it will behave similarly.
Omicron was an absolute shit show. It could get worse, that’s not out of the question.

We are not going to do one single thing to China at this point, whether they did create it in a lab or not.
So, it doesn't really matter.
And that really is the crux of it all. How China sold this to the liberal US media is a thing of beauty, and they are still eating it up.

That wasn’t designed by dipshit scientists working for the CCP. Have you seen the way the Chinese react to ONE case? Why? What do they know that we don’t? Do they just lack the medical infrastructure to handle it?

China is a dictatorship.

China is a dictatorship.
So what? Why the insanity? They lose their freaking minds over a single case. Idk man, just hesitate comparing this to something that came from nature because everything points to it coming from a lab.

So what? Why the insanity? They lose their freaking minds over a single case.

Because they can.

Biden tried to make everyone get vaccinated on the pain of losing their jobs but he only succeeded in this endeavor in the nursing homes.

Yup.

51 "experts" said Hunters laptop was Russian disinformation, so we know experts are always right. ::roll eyes::

There's also plenty of e-mail evidence that Fauci pressured scientists into changing there mind on the origin, not to mention Daszak organized the scientists claiming natural origin. And of course there are the grant documents that clearly state what used to be defined as gain of function.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/letter-confirms-wuhan-lab-virus-study-was-funded-by-taxpayers/
LOL, brings Hunter's laptop into the thread. Parody of the rightwing media zombie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT