ADVERTISEMENT

The G.O.A.T thoughts

I am going to pray for forgiveness but I would go Smith and Burroughs. JB has won 5 titles, two bronze and one DNP since he came out of college in 2011. If he wins this year or next, or both, he would be the GOAT in my book.

John going 6 for 6 does it for me over Burroughs forever. What he did we will never see again. The kind of mental & physical toughness it takes for that is unbelievable.

John going 6 for 6 does it for me over Burroughs forever. What he did we will never see again. The kind of mental & physical toughness it takes for that is unbelievable.

I agree. But I would also say that Burroughs has had to make adjustments transitioning to being the young dude to the old dude.

As far as I know, Dan Gable lost 6 times in his life. That includes high school, college and freestyle. He was unbeaten in high school. He had one college loss. And he lost five times in freestyle. Who else can claim so few losses for a lifetime of wrestling? Smith certainly can’t. Cael can’t. Dake can’t. Kemp can’t. Snyder can’t. Etc.

As far as I know, Dan Gable lost 6 times in his life. That includes high school, college and freestyle. He was unbeaten in high school. He had one college loss. And he lost five times in freestyle. Who else can claim so few losses for a lifetime of wrestling? Smith certainly can’t. Cael can’t. Dake can’t. Kemp can’t. Snyder can’t. Etc.
I don’t think Cael has more than 6 losses in his life either. He lost two or three in high school, none in college, and maybe 3 on the international scene? Somebody fill me in if I’m missing any. Not necessarily arguing your point either just making an observation...

I don’t think Cael has more than 6 losses in his life either. He lost two or three in high school, none in college, and maybe 3 on the international scene? Somebody fill me in if I’m missing any. Not necessarily arguing your point either just making an observation...

Cael lost three times in high school. And in 2000 alone, he went 17-6 in freestyle and failed to make the Olympic team. He lost a number of times after that as well. I’d say Cael probably has at least 12 losses in freestyle. Hell, Lee Fullhart beat him twice.

Cael lost three times in high school. And in 2000 alone, he went 17-6 in freestyle and failed to make the Olympic team. He lost a number of times after that as well. I’d say Cael probably has at least 12 losses in freestyle. Hell, Lee Fullhart beat him twice.
thanks for clearing that up. I was reading through some old results from the years and I guess missed some of the in-country results. Appreciate the response.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Several big time wrestlers got screwed due to the boycott. Randy Lewis among them.

You are exactly right, although I didn't address it in particular, the same happened to many athletes during ww2 ect.
My knowledge of some of the previous champs went as far as Gable until I sat and talked with Mike Chapman. Our sport has si many more great stories that most will never know.

Reactions: jvclark
Gable wrestled for Waterloo West and Iowa State. All Iowans know this, and I would surmise most know a hell of a lot more about his career than you do.

I won't see your reply Troll #121 on Ignore. Buh-bye.

How can someone have the man Will Munny as an avatar yet have 121 on ignore?
Is that really true?
Maybe a switch to the 'hear no evil' monkey in order;).
Seems overly restrictive.

I know I know, I'm #122:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT