ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

Chrislyn Carr is transferring from Dav West to Rock Island, so she will be playing w/Brea Beal

West girls hoops standout Carr transfers to Rock Island

A second team Class 5A all-state selection by the Iowa Newspaper Association and Iowa Girls Coaches Association, Carr is the younger sister of former Rock Island boys basketball standout point guard C.J. Carr, a 2014 graduate. She was an all-Mississippi Athletic Conference first-teamer this season, connecting on 64 3-pointers and averaging 3.3 steals per game for the 15-7 Falcons.
In joining the Rocks, Carr will team up with Illinois Associated Press Class 4A all-state second-teamer Brea Beal, who averaged 16.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.3 steals per game as a freshman and hit 66 3-pointers.

Last edited:
All-Metro co-captains Beal, Houston lead teams to unforgettable seasons

The Rocks' Brea Beal and the Wildcats' Jinaya Houston are the co-captains of this year's Quad-City Times All-Metro girls basketball team.
Beal, a first team all-stater by the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association, averaged 16.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.3 steals for the Rocks while shooting better than 43 percent from the 3-point line. [She is already] sought after by some of the top Division I programs in the country...
Houston, a junior who chose the Hawkeyes over several other D-I offers before the season started, recorded 19.1 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and shot 54 percent from the field. The MAC player of the year and two-time all-stater buoyed the Wildcats to a 21-4 mark.

Meet the metro co-captain: North's Jinaya Houston

Jinaya Houston’s junior basketball season was quite a ride. She committed to the University of Iowa in November, tallied her 1,000th career point in January, powered Davenport North to its first conference title in February and had the Wildcats in the state tournament in March.
Her signature performance came at home in late January against Pleasant Valley. Houston had 30 points and eight rebounds as the Wildcats prevailed 59-58.
Houston plans to play with the All-Iowa Attack again this spring and summer. In the past, she’s played with Linn-Mar’s Amanda Ollinger and Mason City’s Makenzie Meyer.
A little more than four months after her verbal commitment, Houston said she’s still firm in her decision. She’ll be eligible to sign a national letter of intent with Iowa in November.

Breanna Beal continues success at Rock Island

ROCK ISLAND, Illnois (KWQC)

Rock Island native Breanna Beal has been receiving letters from colleges all across the country for almost three years. The fifteen year old is one of the top basketball recruits in the nation and, as a freshman at Rocky, is helping to build a tradition of success on the court.

Last edited:
Davenport North will be good again and they just added transfer Mariah Mayfield from West for next year. Last year she averaged 15 pts and shot 38% from three. I think that was the one piece they have needed.

So Davenport West is losing both Mariah Mayfield and Chrislyn Carr, probably (I'm guessing) their two best players. Mariah will join Jinaya at North and Chrislyn will join Breanna B at Rock Island. That should be quite a battle next year between the 'Rocks' and the 'Wildcats'.

BEST OF THE BEST //Michigan Girls All Classes

Megan Belke, Sr., East Grand Rapids

Cassidy Boensch, Sr., Bay City John Glenn

Nastassja Chambers, Sr. Ypsilanti Arbor Prep

Mardrekia Cook, Sr., Muskegon

Kierra Fletcher, Jr., Warren Cousino

Siyeh Frazier, Sr., Detroit Renaissance

Kysre Gondrezick, Sr., Benton Harbor

Emilee Kott, Sr., Manistee

Taryn McCutcheon, Sr., East Lansing

Destiny Pitts, Jr., Birmingham Detroit Country Day

Alexis Sevillian, Sr., Goodrich
Alexis on the team. Destiny Pitts named player of the year.

Reactions: Edenprairiehawk
I know Iowa us aware of Ashley joens, and they have seen her. Where she ranks on their list, I don't know. I like her game.
Upcoming in WBB recruiting— Thursday: 2017 prospects can begin taking official visits. April 13–May 18: Signing period for 2016s (D1).
Tyasha should be announcing soon.

I know Iowa us aware of Ashley joens, and they have seen her. Where she ranks on their list, I don't know. I like her game.
Upcoming in WBB recruiting— Thursday: 2017 prospects can begin taking official visits. April 13–May 18: Signing period for 2016s (D1).
Tyasha should be announcing soon.

Your best guess on Tyasha?

Dang, I keep hitting this thread hoping to see a commitment from Tyasha. It would be absolutely huge if Bluder can snag her, maybe the biggest since Sam

I think the Hawks have a shot. Tyasha has stuck with Iowa on her list since she had over 60 offers until she cut it to 5. Non-poster mentioned that her HS coach said it was down to 2, and Iowa was one of them. They just have to make the final cut.

Reactions: ammer11
2017 players can take Officials as of today,
Taylor Kissinger is #60 on ESPNs list. Bailey Helgren (6-5, Edina Mn.) mentioned way back with Treece and Cooks as posts, is up to #50.

Bre is the only HS player shown, the other two are in college. Strange.

Looks like MSU is making a strong push, when she announced her final 5 they weren't on the list. With Tyasha concerned about players transferring makes me wonder if it hurts Iowa's chances with Whit & Tagyn leaving.
She and Whit are friends too, which can't help. It doesn't sound like Whit has anything bad to say about Iowa. But who knows how much Whit just being on the team played into Iowa making the final cut?

Bre is the only HS player shown, the other two are in college. Strange.
I see that their WI college player of year nominees have Kaminsky, Dekker, etc. I guess their definition of "year" is the calendar year. On the other hand, this means Bre Cera was nominated over Gustafson.

Powers leaving MSU doesn't help us either
Will be interesting... Iowa will offer the most playing time & biggest role most likely. The MSU current roster (minus Powers) is loaded with good quality players at the 1-3 spots with a 5* wing, 4* pg, & a 4* g/f arriving for the fall semester. Then South Carolina is one of the top programs in the nation,

I think this has been the plan for a while but Harris is apparently deciding tonight and announcing on Wednesday.

Per her father...Tyasha Harris (2016) of Heritage Christian will announce her college decision Wednesday...Iowa, Michigan St., So. Carolina.

Here's hoping.......

Michigan St. just got a big (literally big - 6'4") transfer from Notre Dame today in Taya Reimer, a grad transfer with two years left. She was part of the ND team that played in the '14-'15 Nat'l Championship game, and she's from Fishers, IN.

Anyone know how many scholarships MSU has available? I wonder if this transfer has any impact on Tyasha's new interest in MSU, especially considering she's from Indiana, and played for a very successful team that has been to a NC game?

Michigan St. just got a big (literally big - 6'4") transfer from Notre Dame today in Taya Reimer, a grad transfer with two years left. She was part of the ND team that played in the '14-'15 Nat'l Championship game, and she's from Fishers, IN.

Anyone know how many scholarships MSU has available? I wonder if this transfer has any impact on Tyasha's new interest in MSU, especially considering she's from Indiana, and played for a very successful team that has been to a NC game?

They have 11 returning scholarship players according to their website, 3 incoming FR recruits, then Reimer as the transfer. That puts them at the max of 15. None of the players listed on their roster are walk on players either so someone has to go if Harris picks them, The fact MSU wasn't listed in her final 5 but are now in the final 3 concerns me.

They have 11 returning scholarship players according to their website, 3 incoming FR recruits, then Reimer as the transfer. That puts them at the max of 15. None of the players listed on their roster are walk on players either so someone has to go if Harris picks them, The fact MSU wasn't listed in her final 5 but are now in the final 3 concerns me.
Jockos, do your numbers include Ariel Powers declaring early for the WNBA draft?

That would include Powers leaving. So, unless they are going to run a player off, with the Reimer transfer they should be out of scholarships.
It is strange that Tyasha would add them at the last minute, after taking her time ans sorting through all the offers. It contradicts her whole process.

The Reimer's news may possibly indicate that Tyasha has informed MSU that she has eliminated them.

Reimer would not be eligible this next year which would put her in the same graduating class as Megan.

Actually, Reimer is eligible right away this fall. She is going to graduate this summer (taking 22 hours this semester and 12 hours in the summer) and have two years left. She sat out last year at ND.

I cannot figure out S. Carolina's roster. It looks like they have 9 coming back but I don't know how many they have signed. It looks like they may have spots available unless they have 6 newcomers.

I cannot figure out S. Carolina's roster. It looks like they have 9 coming back but I don't know how many they have signed. It looks like they may have spots available unless they have 6 newcomers.

You're right they have 9 players coming back & have only signed 3 for this coming season. They have a 5* pg coming in but look to need help in the back court.

I believe S. Carolina has transfers coming in and going out. Hard to keep track of all the movement.

I believe S. Carolina has transfers coming in and going out. Hard to keep track of all the movement.

Just found this on South Carolina, their roster on the Universities website appears to be correct, with the exception of Jatarie White who announced her plans to transfer. They lost two other guards to transfers recently who have been removed from the website. The article (link) says they now have 5 scholarships available.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...na/usc-womens-basketball/article69310127.html

Taylor Kissinger's finalists include Iowa, Nebraska, OK State, Iowa State, and now Creighton. Her sister , Brooke, is leaving Illinois and transferring to Creighton.

Taylor Kissinger's finalists include Iowa, Nebraska, OK State, Iowa State, and now Creighton. Her sister , Brooke, is leaving Illinois and transferring to Creighton.

I heard from someone that she really wants a UCONN offer but I don't follow closely enough to know if that's possible. This guy (he has a girl in Attack) was absolutely raving about her game though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT