ADVERTISEMENT

The New WBB Recruiting Thread

Per her father...Tyasha Harris (2016) of Heritage Christian will announce her college decision Wednesday...Iowa, Michigan St., So. Carolina.

Here's hoping.......
I'll try the old reverse psychology here and say she won't be choosing Iowa.o_O Go Hawks !!!

Anyone know what time the announcement is scheduled for? On the ESPN recruiting page it has MSU listed first, Iowa second, and S. Carolina third. It's usually listed in order of player preference/favorite, and not alphabetically.

Well, not a huge surprise, at least Iowa isn't being held hostage by her decision anymore. Let the 2017s begin.

AAU season is upon us, with coaches able to evaluate. Maybe some news.

Really looking forward to having Bre as a Hawk! Like her spirit and drive to be her best.

I can assure you she will give Iowa City every ounce of energy she has....she's the ultimate competitor even when over matched by size.

Kathleen Doyle , Illinois Miss Basketball for 2016, is a 5-8 PG. She was veballed to Nebraska but has reopened her recruitment. Iowa is on her list of schools she is checking out.

Kathleen Doyle , Illinois Miss Basketball for 2016, is a 5-8 PG. She was veballed to Nebraska but has reopened her recruitment. Iowa is on her list of schools she is checking out.
She was more than verballed. She signed.
Are players automatically released when there's a coaching change?

Not automatically. They have to ask and be granted, it is usually a formality but sometimes a school will refuse to grant the release until the player can meet the new coach,

Last edited:
Kathleen Doyle now down to 4 schools, her AAU coach reports. Blue Star has her as the #20 player in the 2016 class. Iowa, Nebraska, Indiana, and Vanderbilt.

Reactions: Tunadog and BDinIC
2017 Top 30 player Madison Treece (Center) out of Missouri has rescinded her verbal to Kentucky. Iowa was in her final group prior to her commitment.

Kentucky is really a mess right now. Treece makes 7 players who either transferred or decommitted. Iowa could use a post player.

It's been quiet on the recruiting front. I hope Coach Bluder and company can avoid the damage from not making the NCAA this year.

I think we got spoiled by how quickly all the 2016's committed. This year is more the norm. They are out on recruiting trips, looking over the 2017s and 2018s. Naya Houston is in the fold. That is a great start.
They were also held up by waiting on Ty Harris. Now that has been decided. Plus two spots opened up with the transfers. With all the decommitting and transferring going on the have some spots. Kathleen Doyle should be deciding soon and maybe Treece is back in the picture. Taylor Kissinger also has Iowa in her final five.Iowa keeps their recruiting pretty quiet but I expect things are going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: hawkahawk
And yet another Kentucky decommit..Lindsey Corsaro, ranked #35 in 2016 by espnW, was recruited by Iowa before initially giving a verbal to Kentucky.

And yet another Kentucky decommit..Lindsey Corsaro, ranked #35 in 2016 by espnW, was recruited by Iowa before initially giving a verbal to Kentucky.
Kentucky now down to 7 returning players & one recruit for next season. 2 assistant coaches left & former coach Kyra Elzy returns as Associate HC.

Update on Kathleen Doyle: She has had a home visit with the new Nebraska coaches, has visited Iowa, and plans to visit Indiana soon.

Still waiting on decisions from Lindsey Corsaro, Kathleen Doyle and Maddie Treece, players that decommitted and were recruited by Iowa.
Destiny Pitts is now on ESPN's top 60.
Deja Church is playing well in AAU.
Taylor Kissinger is also doing well.

Still waiting on decisions from Lindsey Corsaro, Kathleen Doyle and Maddie Treece, players that decommitted and were recruited by Iowa.
It looks like Doyle is now in ESPN's top 100 for 2016 as well.

Oak, Any thoughts on our chances with Doyle, Treece, and Corsaro?

I think the best chance is probably Doyle. I'm not sure of the degree of interest of the other two.

From the Columbia Mo. newspaper on Treece....
TREECE DECOMMITS FROM UK: Rock Bridge basketball player Madison Treece, a consensus top-50 recruit in the Class of 2017, has restarted her college search.

Treece verbally committed to Kentucky in October 2015, but on April 25, her mother, Kara Treece, announced she was reopening her recruitment. ESPN originally reported the decommitment.

Bruins Coach Jill Nagel said Thursday that Treece has received “lots of interest from colleges but” is “just fielding calls at this time.” She said Treece plans on narrowing down her choices over the summer.

Treece’s move is the latest to rock a Wildcats program in turmoil. Six players have either been dismissed from the team or left on their own accord since October. According to Nagel, Madison and Kara agreed that “Kentucky was just not a good fit.”

Madison has not announced a list of potential landing spots yet. ESPN listed Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Dayton as schools that initially recruited her. Madison’s sister, McKenna Treece, just completed her sophomore season at Oklahoma.

Roncalli's Lindsey Corsaro has cut her list to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington. Former Kentucky recruit.

Oak, Any thoughts on our chances with Doyle, Treece, and Corsaro?
CORSARO CUTS LIST
Roncalli senior Lindsey Corsaro, the IndyStar Miss Basketball runner-up, is considering seven schools as a potential college destination. Corsaro, a McDonald’s All-American, was granted a release from her letter of intent from Kentucky last month after an exodus of players and assistant coaches. The 6-foot guard is no longer considering Kentucky. Corsaro could potentially take four official visits. She has narrowed her choices to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, UCLA and Washington. She hasn’t set any dates for visits.

I think the best chance is probably Doyle. I'm not sure of the degree of interest of the other two.
I agree. Statistically, Doyle is about a one in three chance while Treece is more like a one in five chance (assuming of course that each school has an even probability).

Although Iowa needs guards, they have three coming in this fall. Doyle would make four guards in just this one class alone. From a roster point of view, I would think a good balance would be maybe 6-7 guards, 6-7 forwards and [at least] 2 centers, ideally evenly distributed in all four classes. Having four guards in one class would leave only three for the other three classes.

Furthermore, I believe Iowa could use a center in 2017 to back up Megan and to replace her in a couple of years. Really good centers are hard to come by so I'm hoping they can get Treece or Helgren. I do not know of any other top centers who may have interest in Iowa. There is the girl from Michigan, whose name if I recall correctly is Smith, but she seems to be similar to Chase.

With the loss of three seniors and two transfers, lowa is down to nine returning players and with only the four 2016 newcomers that we know of, they will be two short for next year. In 2017 Iowa will lose three and have one verbal commitment, leaving as many as four scholarships to be offered between now and this fall signing period.

Last edited:
There a few regular posters on a Nebraska message board lamenting that Iowa is in good shape with Doyle, but the new NU staff is making a strong push attempting to build a relationship with her.

There a few regular posters on a Nebraska message board lamenting that Iowa is in good shape with Doyle, but the new NU staff is making a strong push attempting to build a relationship with her.
Don't get me wrong, I would like to have Doyle. But I also think Iowa is in good shape as they are now. A lot depends on who they have good chances with next year. Deja Church and Destiny Pitts have been mentioned here for 2017 and would be similar substitutes for Doyle. The question is... do they (or some other quality prospect) want to play for Iowa?

A good selling point for Iowa is that a couple of the incoming 2016 guards can be wings (Meyer, Cera) leaving only a recovering Davis and maybe Sevillian at PG.

Agree with Oakhawk on the versatility of the incoming players for 2016 & Jinaya in 2017. With Lisa going after Doyle after not getting Harris it may answer Cyber's question about where the staff feels they sit with Deja, Destiny, or other guards in that class.

Versatility will be huge with the guards in 2016 class. They all bring different skill sets ,so I agree with cyber in that we need to focus more on bigs that can be physical and play with back to basket at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT