ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

On Lib TV this morning Richard Haas and Ret. Admiral James Stavrides both seemed to agree that the end of 2024 and 2025 will be a stalemate as Putin seeks to string this war along hoping for a leadership change in the US, and for Europe to grow weary of the war. They both said in 2026 there will negotiations and Ukraine will end up giving up land in exchange for entry into NATO and the EU. In the best scenario the Donbas region becomes a DMZ of sorts, or a semi-autonomous zone.

GX50f5HX0AA3Dyz

Last edited:

"A large-scale fire broke out in a warehouse near Moscow, Russia, covering an area of more than 5,000 square metres.

Source: Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation; Telegram channels

Details: A large-scale fire has broken out in the city of Vidnoye near Moscow: a warehouse in the village of Aparinki is on fire, covering an area of more than 5,000 square metres. The fire is spreading fast and may spread to neighbouring buildings.

As reported by the SHOT telegram channel, the fire started at around 00:00.
The warehouse, reportedly, stored textile products from one of the factories - pillows, blankets, mattresses, etc."

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2024/09/20/7475949/

"A large-scale fire broke out in a warehouse near Moscow, Russia, covering an area of more than 5,000 square metres.

Source: Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation; Telegram channels

Details: A large-scale fire has broken out in the city of Vidnoye near Moscow: a warehouse in the village of Aparinki is on fire, covering an area of more than 5,000 square metres. The fire is spreading fast and may spread to neighbouring buildings.

The warehouse, reportedly, stored textile products from one of the factories - pillows, blankets, mattresses, etc."

Cotton burns particularly hot, right?

Reactions: Torg and h-hawk

Russia is a drunken, shoddily run country, but it's weird AF that so much stuff keeps burning in Russia. I'd love to cross reference NYC, Chicago, LA, Houston... There is no way that much stuff burns in a US city.

Poland has been fantastic because they know they could be next. However, it’s troubling that President Duda is expected to meet with Trump next week in NYC at the UN.
I don't really blame him. He'd be crazy not to keep lines of communication open with potential future heads of state. Even if they are nuts.

Reactions: h-hawk

Ursula von der Leyen has announced a multi-billion initiative to help Kyiv plug the hole in its state budget and procure more weapons.

The European Union will raise a €35 billion loan to support the Ukrainian economy and military as the war-torn country battles to resist a renewed Russian offensive that has badly damaged the power systems and made territorial advances in the East.
The loan was announced by Ursula von der Leyen on Friday during her visit to Kyiv, promising "maximum flexibility" in how the money will be spent.
"Russia keeps targeting your civilian energy infrastructure in a blatant and vicious way to try to plunge your country in the dark," the European Commission president said in a press conference next to Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
"The European Union is here to help you in this challenge to keep the lights on, to keep your people warm as winter is just around the corner, and to keep your economy going as you fight for survival," she added.

WASHINGTON, Sept 20 (Reuters) - The United States is preparing a $375 million military aid package for Ukraine, breaking a months-long trend towards smaller packages for Kyiv for its military operations against Russia, two U.S. officials told Reuters on Friday.
The latest package comes at a crucial time in the war, as Russia pummels Ukraine's energy grid ahead of the critical winter months.
The aid package, expected to be announced next week, includes patrol boats, additional ammunition for high-mobility artillery rocket systems (HIMARS), 155 and 105 millimeter artillery ammunition, spare parts and other weapons, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Can’t say I’d like seeing that thing rolling in my direction and shooting especially if I was from some less than podunk town in Russia that probably doesn’t even have internet to play XBox and my fanciest appliance is an old school manual spin and wring washing machine!
Talk about that I’m about to die feeling…

Russia has removed at least half of the equipment/weapons from a depot on Sakhalin Island. All of that equipment has to be flown off of the island, or moved to a port and then shipped to the mainland. Thats how depleted Russian forces are. I Google lurked the facility and like every Russian base it looks like a dump. A lot of the equipment was either under tents, or out in the open, while some of it was in climate controlled buildings. 9 of the original 14 climate controlled buildings have been emptied.
Also, and I’ve said this before, time for Japan to muscle up and take back what is theirs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT