ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

That was 2008. Fast forward to 2017-2021. The Obama years saw NATO once again mostly in unison.
Even after the coup the French and Germans didn’t want to follow the neocons path of provocation.
Hell, this article is from January of this year talking about how the subject divided NATO.

American neocons were the ones pushing for Ukrainian membership in NATO.

It has provided the war everyone for decades said it would. Hats off to the neocons, they always get their war, if not always their desired result from that war.

Even after the coup the French and Germans didn’t want to follow the neocons path of provocation.
Hell, this article is from January of this year talking about how the subject divided NATO.

American neocons were the ones pushing for Ukrainian membership in NATO.

It has provided the war everyone for decades said it would. Hats off to the neocons, they always get their war, if not always their desired result from that war.
"Provocation." Almost as if you don't know what that word means.

This is an area where the US doesn’t have a ton of room to criticize.

Historically, we’ve done much the same with poor urban and rural blacks and low income whites from Appalachia and other economically troubled areas.
Anyone dare to ask what the Biden admin is doing with the oil pumped out of the part of Syria we invaded and control? Or is that an indelicate question at this time?

"Provocation." Almost as if you don't know what that word means.
Trigger warning, this editorial cites historic events and quotes that use the word “provocation” multiple times and in a literal sense that may inflame your delicate sensibilities.

George Kennan, the intellectual father of America’s containment policy during the cold war, perceptively warned in a May 1998 New York Times interview about what the Senate’s ratification of Nato’s first round of expansion would set in motion. “I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,” Kennan stated. ”I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else.”

Anyone dare to ask what the Biden admin is doing with the oil pumped out of the part of Syria we invaded and control? Or is that an indelicate question at this time?

Letting Syria decide what to do with it?

“The decision not to renew the license for Delta Crescent [Energy] had nothing to do with the Russians. That decision was made weeks ago on the basis of the license application and based on the policies of the Biden administration,” said a senior administration official speaking on background to Al-Monitor. “I can assure you that we have a military presence in northeastern Syria exclusively focused on fighting [IS],” the official said. US forces are not there “for any other reason. They are not there to protect the oil. They are not there to exploit the oil resources. Syrian oil is there for the Syrian people, and we do not own, control or manage any of those resources, nor do we wish to.”

Trigger warning, this editorial cites historic events and quotes that use the word “provocation” multiple times and in a literal sense that may inflame your delicate sensibilities.

George Kennan, the intellectual father of America’s containment policy during the cold war, perceptively warned in a May 1998 New York Times interview about what the Senate’s ratification of Nato’s first round of expansion would set in motion. “I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,” Kennan stated. ”I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else.”
Exactly. Kennan predicted a new cold war. Not a ground invasion of a sovereign country.

And BTW, I've read his biography. I think based on his positive views about eugenics, your people would probably put him in their sites for denazification.

51p1Ubi1CYL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Exactly. Kennan predicted a new cold war. Not a ground invasion of a sovereign country.
I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely

Do you think he meant a very sternly worded letter? Plenty of other people were not confused in that regard.

I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely

Do you think he meant a very sternly worded letter? Plenty of other people were not confused in that regard.
Plenty of people, yourself included, were certainly confused in that regard. What idiot would have thought that an invasion would result. You were telling HROT that Russia would not invade Ukraine for months before it happened.

Plenty of people, yourself included, were certainly confused in that regard. What idiot would have thought that an invasion would result. You were telling HROT that Russia would not invade Ukraine for months before it happened.

Oh you remembered that bit? The Kremlin official position directly up until they day they invaded? That is the position @seminole97 would argue?

shockedface.gif

While I pointed out, with citations, that the Russians had mobilized over 100k troops on the Ukrainian border in prior years without invading (or even press fanfare).
I also pointed out:

I think it’s a mistake to view the Russian response to the Obama State Dept‘s coup in Ukraine with whomever occupies the WH.
A buffer of Ukraine and Belarus is something the Russians will go to war over.
They’re going to do their best to fight what they view as an inexorable expansion of NATO toward an inevitably outside of their borders.
It’s hard for to see how this would be a more valuable chip to us, so I’m afraid they’d outlast us on any war over this scrap. It would be a huge feeding of money and lives into a misery generating war machine, and make a handful better off at the expense of millions.
The Tradition said:
Why did Putin invade Crimea? Because he viewed Obama as weak (correctly).
Russians did it because they’re not going to give up their deep water port on the Black Sea.
I don’t think it would matter who is president. You didn’t see us press it, because everyone understands it means war.
War with a nuclear power, not tribesman.

While I pointed out, with citations, that the Russians had mobilized over 100k troops on the Ukrainian border in prior years without invading (or even press fanfare).
I also pointed out:

The Tradition said:
Why did Putin invade Crimea? Because he viewed Obama as weak (correctly).

Yup

Finland is next, those NATO-loving-fish-eating-cross-country-ski-bums!!!!

Awesome

This may answer the Rostov question-looks like Russia was hit!

Residents of several towns in Rostov region report powerful explosion​

9:23 am, September 12, 2022
Source: Meduza
Residents of several cities in the Rostov region reported a powerful explosion. Citing eyewitnesses, local publication 161.ru noted that the distance between some of the witnesses was nearly 125 miles.
The sound of the explosion was heard by 161.ru readers in Rostov-on-Don, Azov, Taganrog, Novoshakhtinsk, Shakhty, Novocherkassk, Aksay, and Yeysk.
According to eyewitnesses, "fences trembled in some places" after the explosion and car alarms went off in Rostov-on-Don. Near the village of Peshkovo (about 30 miles from Rostov-on-Don), witnesses noticed three or four sources of black smoke.
Baza, citing eyewitness accounts, videos and photos on social media, reported that an air-defense system in Taganrog had been triggered, and that black smoke could be seen near the village of Chaltyr (about 12 miles from Rostov-on-Don).
161.ru wrote that the press service of the main directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Rostov region had no information about the explosion or other emergencies. Representatives of the regional authorities have not commented on the situation.
Update: Igor Strelkov posted on Telegram that an S-300 system shot down a Tochka-U near Taganrog. According to Strelkov, there were no casualties or damage, and the fire was caused by debris from the downed missile.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT