ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Ivan Pechorin - Putin's point man for developing Russia's vast Arctic resources - fell off the side of a boat in waters close to Russky Island, reports Russian paper Komsomolskaya Pravda.

His body was found after a search lasting more than a day.

The 39-year-old had recently attended a major conference hosted by the Kremlin warmonger in Vladivostok.

It comes just weeks after Ravil Maganov - chairman of the Russian oil giant Lukoil, a firm that openly criticised Putin's invasion of Ukraine - reportedly died after plunging from a hospital window.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
Way to fast forward over 2014 when the Obama/Biden administration let Russia grab large chunks of Ukraine in the first place. Obama was so flexible Putin bent him over and gave it to him good and hard.

I don't recall Mitch McConnell and the GOP rushing to Obama's side to help him maneuver against Russia.

What I DO recall, is Mitch McConnell cozying up to Putin and Rusal to get a big Russian aluminum plant built in his state (and probably undermining any support for Ukraine at all, to ensure his deal went through).

Ukraine's army is organized on the US model, so should have roughly the same number of troops per unit.
I'm still confused, so I "googled"...A brigade is about 4,000 troops. So if a "battle group" is 3-4 brigades, approximately 12,000-16,000 troops in a battle group for Ukraine???

Reactions: h-hawk
Ivan Pechorin - Putin's point man for developing Russia's vast Arctic resources - fell off the side of a boat in waters close to Russky Island, reports Russian paper Komsomolskaya Pravda.

His body was found after a search lasting more than a day.

The 39-year-old had recently attended a major conference hosted by the Kremlin warmonger in Vladivostok.

It comes just weeks after Ravil Maganov - chairman of the Russian oil giant Lukoil, a firm that openly criticised Putin's invasion of Ukraine - reportedly died after plunging from a hospital window.

They probably would have found his corpse faster if it weren't for all the scrap metal tied around it.

Russian war doctrine say nuclear weapons may be deployed if the Russian homeland is under attack by foreign forces.
Not true. "Existence" of Russia is threatened. No one is using nukes.

Edit - the real issue here is that Russia's Kursk Nuclear PP is only like 150 miles north of Ukraine. What Ukraine needs to do is "accidentally" have a missile or rocket fly pretty close to there to let Russia know what could happen if they keep threatening nukes or shelling that nuke plant in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL and h-hawk
I'm still confused, so I "googled"...A brigade is about 4,000 troops. So if a "battle group" is 3-4 brigades, approximately 12,000-16,000 troops in a battle group for Ukraine???
This is what google tells me for us:

A company typically has 100 to 200 soldiers, and a battalion is a combat unit of 500 to 800 soldiers. Three to five battalions, approximately 1,500 to 4,000 soldiers, comprise a brigade. The size of a division varies from about 10,000 to 18,000 soldiers, and most divisions have three or more brigades of roughly equal size. A corps, which consists of two or more divisions and support troops, normally has from 50,000 to 100,000 soldiers.

Apparently, about the same in Ukraine.

Reactions: MitchLL and h-hawk
FcgpcfJXkAANw0s

I thought the whole justification for the investment was that a weak Russia is good for us. There's a 0% chance we're ever getting paid back full value for all that stuff. Ukraine is buying things from other countries, why not us? And good for us not sending the most advanced stuff.

I know many on here hate the idea of America first, but thats exactly what the Biden admin is doing here and I'm in full support.

Little chatter they may be launching a third front. I think there is growing consensus that now is the time to inflict as much damage and have them leave or lose more equipment. With the amount they are leaving behind coupled with how much already is lost, Russia may end up losing 2/3 of its active in service equipment that is already outdated and not up to fighting NATO. Russia has basically been eliminated as a world super power. All they have is an unknown amount of functioning Nukes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT