ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

When I was in the air force I had to buy my own everyday uniforms. They issued us any "special" gear like parkas and gloves.

88vdat9939851.jpg

@SSG T or someone else can comment, but I think the U.S. has for a long time provided a uniform allowance, and it's on the members to buy their own uniforms (desire being to put the onus on them to take care of them, I guess).

It depends.

Generally, enlisted get their uniforms provided, officers have to pay. However, Senior Non-Commishioned Officers (First Sergeants/Sergeant Major) many times have to buy, as do many special duty troops like Drill Sergeants.

I think my last uniform allowance was $550 per year. Which buys about 2 ACUs (duty/field uniform) and a pair of boots. When they switched to the ASUs for dress uniform from the old green Class As, it cost around $700 for the uniform, sizing/fitting, accessories (stripes, service/combat stripes, new ribbon rack, etc) and shoes. Plus I needed a new pair of boots.

It depends.

Generally, enlisted get their uniforms provided, officers have to pay. However, Senior Non-Commishioned Officers (First Sergeants/Sergeant Major) many times have to buy, as do many special duty troops like Drill Sergeants.

I think my last uniform allowance was $550 per year. Which buys about 2 ACUs (duty/field uniform) and a pair of boots. When they switched to the ASUs for dress uniform from the old green Class As, it cost around $700 for the uniform, sizing/fitting, accessories (stripes, service/combat stripes, new ribbon rack, etc) and shoes. Plus I needed a new pair of boots.

Yes.....but how many front-load washers & flat-screen TVs did you get to bring back from Iraq/Afghanistan/Etc?

The problem is if they calculate that if they limit a nuclear strike to a interior Ukrainian target....the scenario you describe won't happen.
We know that the West must have plans and prepared for something like this -they have already warned Russia against using chemical and biological weapons or face a "severe price". Just what would the West retaliate with-a battlefield nuke to presumably match what Russia did?
Hope we never find out. I still can't imagine the Russian military using nukes just to save face for Putin.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/14/cou...apons-in-ukraine-the-threat-is-very-real.html

We know that the West must have plans and prepared for something like this -they have already warned Russia against using chemical and biological weapons or face a "severe price". Just what would the West retaliate with-a battlefield nuke to presumably match what Russia did?
Hope we never find out. I atill can't imagine the Russian military using nukes just to save face for Putin.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/14/cou...apons-in-ukraine-the-threat-is-very-real.html
yep...don't want to find out.

Reactions: Madman_1 and h-hawk
Sounds good!

Destroying own ammo dumps for a change?:)

"Three massive explosions rocked the area by the airfield in Melitopol, the town in Zaporizhia region, which has been temporarily captured by the Russian invasion forces.

That’s according to Melitopol Mayor in exile, Ivan Fedorov, who broke the news on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.
"Just in: three loud blasts in Melitopol, near the airfield, where the occupiers unsuccessfully set up one of their military bases," the official wrote."

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-at...ar-airfield-in-russiancaptured-melitopol.html

Yeah this is potentially scary the more and more this looked like a potential embarrassment for Putin the bigger probability that he will do something extreme to try and save face.
I'd wager that a significant number of higher level commanders don't approve of what Vlad is doing.

Given an inevitable conclusion to this war, they'll turn on him in a heartbeat and not follow through on certain orders.

I feel the same way regarding use of nukes.

If you want to see the difference in communism and capitalism, please visit Leipzig, which used to be in East Germany and Munich, which was in West Germany. If you cannot decipher the difference, please visit an ophthalmologist immediately.
When our bus tour in East Berlin went down a street with 'officers housing' we were told we weren't allowed to film. My dad laid his video camera on his lap, so you could still see out the top half of the window.

I saw that some animals are more equal than others before I read it in the book.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and GES4
When our bus tour in East Berlin went down a street with 'officers housing' we were told we weren't allowed to film. My dad laid his video camera on his lap, so you could still see out the top half of the window.

I saw that some animals are more equal than others before I read it in the book.
The House on the Embankment was pretty plush as well. I'd be scared to death to live there though.

His ability to activate our state department (a state department that had been thoroughly gutted and depleted by the previous administration I might add) and swiftly enact US-Euro relationships, strategy, and coordination of response to Russias illegal and criminal invasion of a sovereign nation may go down the most impressive action of his entire administration. It really has been incredibly impressive.

If for nothing else, the free world owes Joe Biden this debt of gratitude.
This.

You can disagree on his domestic policy issues, but this is why you elect Presidents who have a clue about how governing works and who trust people who know how the systems are meant to work rather than a con-man who just wants to put all his friends and a bunch of yes-men into positions of power and destroy any system that might restrain his power. Whether we agree on some policy, I would at least hope we would elect President's in the future who are committed to putting people in place who know what they are doing.

Although in some ways it's good Trump didn't or he might have actually been able to overthrow the country rather than just damage it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT