ADVERTISEMENT

This years Division One basketball players from Iowa.

HawkeyeHitman

HR All-American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2002
If you took all of the division one basketball players from the state of Iowa and put them on the same team. How do you think they would do?
Starting line up of
Tamin Lipsey
Bowen Born
Tucker DeVries
Kris Murray
Liam Robbins

Bench of
Payton Sandfort
Noah Carter
Tytan Anderson
Landon Wolf
Trey Campbell
Patrick McCaffery
Conor McCaffery
Josh Dix
Evan Brauns
Luke Appel

Last edited:
Darin DeVries is coaching
Hypothetical: If Fran retires in the next 4-5 years (after Jack graduates) and DeVries is still at Drake... would he be interested in the IOWA job?

Sub question: Will DeVries be scooped up by somebody else before that?

Hypothetical: If Fran retires in the next 4-5 years (after Jack graduates) and DeVries is still at Drake... would he be interested in the IOWA job?

Sub question: Will DeVries be scooped up by somebody else before that?
I think DeVries had a very short conversation w/Wichita St., ( very short from what I'm told) but I think he's actually very happy at Drake. He's won 125 games in 5 years at a school that has been absolutely dreadful at bball. He applied for the Drake job 2 other times and because Drake was so stupid he did not get the job. He was at Creighton 17 years as an assistant? I believe. I think his goal is to turn Drake into the Des Moines version of Creighton. And I think looking at the success of McDermott and being an Iowa guy I think it would take the right offer to make him leave.

If you took all of the division one basketball players from the state of Iowa and put them on the same team. How do you think they would do?
Starting line up of
Tamin Lipsey
Bowen Born
Tucker DeVries
Kris Murray
Liam Robbins

Bench of
Payton Sandfort
Noah Carter
Tytan Anderson
Landon Wolf
Trey Campbell
Patrick McCaffery
Conor McCaffery
Josh Dix
Evan Brauns
Luke Appel
depends on who's deciding playing time.

Problem is that quite a few states could compile a much longer and more impressive list. Recruiting base is NOT an advantage for Iowa.

Starting line up of
Tamin Lipsey
Bowen Born
Tucker DeVries
Kris Murray
Liam Robbins

Bench of
Payton Sandfort
Noah Carter
Tytan Anderson
Landon Wolf
Trey Campbell
Patrick McCaffery
Conor McCaffery
Josh Dix
Evan Brauns
Luke Appel
With Dean Oliver and Jeff Horner in some sort of coaching capacity.

I think DeVries had a very short conversation w/Wichita St., ( very short from what I'm told) but I think he's actually very happy at Drake. He's won 125 games in 5 years at a school that has been absolutely dreadful at bball. He applied for the Drake job 2 other times and because Drake was so stupid he did not get the job. He was at Creighton 17 years as an assistant? I believe. I think his goal is to turn Drake into the Des Moines version of Creighton. And I think looking at the success of McDermott and being an Iowa guy I think it would take the right offer to make him leave.
So... would the IOWA job be "the right offer"?

So... would the IOWA job be "the right offer"?
I think there's lots of factors if it actually happens. If Drake starts dominating the Valley and making the tournament every year becoming a mini Creighton, I think he'd be silly to leave unless it's been a dream of his to coach the hawks. And that I can't say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT