ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on a new coach

He's only sort of at West. He's got a co-head coach who is the one doing most of the in game stuff and the one who is off the bench. He's really on the tail end here. I think he wants to maybe see what they can do with Jack Mc, Manson's and Earl's kid.

He is a good recruiter though so maybe?
Bergy not a young pup, anymore...probably 65. Has really tapered off his coaching responsibilities, but still a basketball junkie. Like most of us old guys, probably has lost a lot of the energy level needed to be a head coach.

Iowa is a pretty crappy basketball job. There are going to be very few coaches interested the next time the job is opened. DeVries is a good coach but he’s not an upgrade over Fran and might not be interested regardless. Doesn’t seem like a good decision to fire a coach who is consistently winning 20 games a year but failing to reach the Sweet 16 only to hire some random mid major coach who hasn’t done either.
Besides the yearly millions of dollars for a relatively low bar and the abnormal level of job security relative to all other professional head coaching positions.

Yeah there's some challenges but we can buy players now.

Fran will be here for a long time yet.

Yep... It'll take 3 straight losing seasons and an empty Carver for horse teeth to do anything. Such a worthless AD.

I didn't even know/care that they played today...

I'm at Lickliter level apathy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT