ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Lester Mic'd up

Say what you will but having Lester has to be a breath of fresh air for all involved. I like the positivity, energy and focus and that's all w/out Cade out there. Deacon still throwing from a low base and darts that, to me, look very hard to catch. Didn't see too much from Marco in that clip but could be just the film cut ups...

I bet that QB room just laughs their asses off when they think about the level of knowledge comparing Tim to Brian
Yeah it’s a shame Brian and all his qb knowledge are gone.
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Ok. I get it, he needs to see what he has now with all the QBs. Judging everying by last year doesn't make sense because that was BF. Laying off the DH hate for now lol.

Last edited:
I dont get how both FB and BB both got so far off from teaching basic fundamentals. From this peek what we see isTim is nothing more than what a qb coach shoukd be. Based on that alone the O shoukd minimally be in the upper 75 percent. So many other factos we dont know yet but Id guess a normal O but where will the talent be. Not so down on Hill now. Also shows why Wisky made coach changes.

Lester seems like a positive, fun guy to be around. Seems like he wishes he was 21 again so he could throw on some pads.

Say what you want about Harbaugh, but he also had that youthful, "let's have some fun" vibe to him. I think that's exactly what the Iowa offense and QB room needs right now, in order to break out of the funk of being regarded as the worst offense in college football.

Ok. I get it, he needs to see what he has now with all the QBs. Judging everying by last year doesn't make sense because that was BF. Laying off the DH hate for now lol.

yep; he's a coach and he coaches who he has ;) I wonder how many WTF's he's uttered under his breath? LOL

in June Cade is expected to be fully cleared

I really hope Marco rises to QB2 and James rises to QB3 and Deacon gets the hint

Lester also has to be thinking about the future; who's gonna rise to QB1 next year? If Marco STILL can't overtake Deacon, what's that say about Marco and our staff's ability to evaluate QB talent?

shoot, Jon Budmayr, "the gift from heaven," gifted us Deacon; that should be a fire-able offense. LOL

Somehow Deacon was rated a 3 star QB coming out of high school. Cade was a 4 star coming out of high school.

This is Cades' 6th year in college, too. Crazy.

The Iowa QB Room:

Reactions: Underscore2
To my uneducated eye, it seemed as if Marco got rid of the ball pretty fast with plenty of zip on it. Any other thoughts???

i loved the footwork (and fundamentals) part of the video

at the same time, why don't the QBs have their footwork down by now?

just another example of the incompetence of our previous QB coach/OC?

I have been saying for years our QBs have the worst footwork I have seen in D1 football. Petras would chop his feet in the pocket like crazy for example. Could have had something to do with his confidence in the OL, but still have to have good fundamentals

Reactions: Franisdaman
I have been saying for years our QBs have the worst footwork I have seen in D1 football. Petras would chop his feet in the pocket like crazy for example. Could have had something to do with his confidence in the OL, but still have to have good fundamentals
Part of it has been that they just aren't athletic.

Looked like a HS practice...probably what is needed to be fair
Ya think? 🤔

What I wouldn’t give to be in Cade McNamara’s inner circle to hear his thoughts on any noticeable differences (because I’m sure there would only be one or two 😝) between his quarterback coach at Michigan and the last guy at Iowa before Tim Lester took over.

I’m sure the level of competency would be quite similar in his opinion.

what I don't get is this:

* all of these QBs work with AND PAY a QB coach in the offseason; they are constantly working on those fundamentals. Why didn't they fix these issues?

* our so called QB coach at Iowa (or even the gift from heaven, Jon Budmayr) should have fixed these issues before Lester arrived

Lester has to be thinking, "what the fook" when he sees the footwork issues of his QBs

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
what I don't get is this:

* all of these QBs work with AND PAY a QB coach in the offseason; they are constantly working on those fundamentals. Why didn't they fix these issues?

* our so called QB coach at Iowa (or even the gift from heaven, Jon Budmayr) should have fixed these issues before Lester arrived

Lester has to be thinking, "what the fook" when he sees the footwork issues of his QBs
I dunno. Tiger Woods paid a swing coach. Crazy.

Oh God...I'm going to say it...and I know I'm going to be get destroyed...but those of you who know...know...

Looked like a HS practice...probably what is needed to be fair
Shit, you wouldn't know a high school practice from the Chiefs practicing.

i loved the footwork (and fundamentals) part of the video

at the same time, why don't the QBs have their footwork down by now?

just another example of the incompetence of our previous QB coach/OC?
Footwork is something that all QB's, regardless of level of play have to continue to work on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT