ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Scott...uh oh...

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
He's easily the best candidate who has announced so far in the 2024 race on either side.

He stands little chance with Trump and DeSantis sucking all the air out of the GOP race.

Every once in a while you get a candidate who we should actually WANT to run for president, and we consistently choose someone else.

He's easily the best candidate who has announced so far in the 2024 race on either side.

He stands little chance with Trump and DeSantis sucking all the air out of the GOP race.

Every once in a while you get a candidate who we should actually WANT to run for president, and we consistently choose someone else.
I watched his announcement on YouTube. Had no idea he was as good of a speaker as he was. On the trail he will shoot up to the top I would think.

Well he still opposed abortion and gay marriage so he will have an uphill battle for independents on that front
Why is the Republican Party trying to move backwards on social issues? It just seems like a terrible way to set yourself up with the younger generations like millennials and Gen-Z. I get trying to appease to the Boomers because they still have large numbers, but isn't this a recipe for disaster?

Idk who Tim Scott is, but any candidate in the GOP who runs on anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage isn't going to do well. It's going to poison your candidacy for future elections as well.

It just seems like an unnecessary hill to die on.

Why is the Republican Party trying to move backwards on social issues? It just seems like a terrible way to set yourself up with the younger generations like millennials and Gen-Z. I get trying to appease to the Boomers because they still have large numbers, but isn't this a recipe for disaster?

Idk who Tim Scott is, but any candidate in the GOP who runs on anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage isn't going to do well. It's going to poison your candidacy for future elections as well.

Yeah it is so dumb. But dude seems like a charismatic preacher. Maybe he will pull a Obama or Hillary and just say he changed his opinion on gay marriage

Mellennials are quickly tiring of the bullshit gen Z narratives. Anyone that works with them quickly realizes they are all sizzle and no steak.

I watched his announcement on YouTube. Had no idea he was as good of a speaker as he was. On the trail he will shoot up to the top I would think.
I would hope but don't think so. Just being honest, he's not crazy enough for the Trump base and he's black. That doesn't matter as much as it once did but some of the old timer Republicans still won't vote for a black guy.

I would hope but don't think so. Just being honest, he's not crazy enough for the Trump base and he's black. That doesn't matter as much as it once did but some of the old timer Republicans still won't vote for a black guy.
Yeah I would think that would hurt the south more (which doesn’t really matter) but I can see him picking up more of the non white votes as well.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
IT's only a matter of time before the MSM begins their campaign to bury Tim Scott. It happens with every conservative black candidate. It will also happen with the liberals here.
Yeah I’m seeing an onslaught of the gay marriage and abortion positions. I think if the Dems go full trans issue that’s a loser but if they play the gay marriage card it should help immensely

It seems like the "progression" we have made on social issues have brought us to the current state of America. Are you saying we are in a better spot as a country than what we were 40 years ago?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I saw him this morning on Today. He is trying to take the "Optimistic Conservative" playbook. Kinda like GWB. I dont think there are enough of those people left in the Republican Party.
He has less-than-zero chance of winning the nomination.

The base wants anger and read meat and vindictiveness.

Are you saying we are in a better spot as a country than what we were 40 years ago?
Absolutely in almost every conceivable metric.

Some examples with links:

Child poverty rate in 2003 - 17.6% (https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/event-summary-poverty-and-income-in-2003/#:~:text=According to the Census figures,all children to 17.6 percent.)

Child poverty rate in 2023 - 9.7% (https://heller.brandeis.edu/news/items/releases/2023/winter-magazine-child-poverty.html)

Child morality rate in 2003 - 6.85 per 1000 births (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/finaldeaths03/finaldeaths03.htm#:~:text=In 2003, the infant mortality,and chromosomal abnormalities (congenital malformations))

Child mortality rate in 2023 - 5.48 per 1000 births (https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/infant-mortality-rate#:~:text=United Nations projections are also,a 1.21% decline from 2022.)

Average hourly wage adjusted for inflation 2003 - $8.59 per hour (https://journalistsresource.org/economics/real-earnings-inflation/)

Average hourly wage adjusted for inflation 2023 - $11.01 per hour (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.htm)

Last edited:
Trump seems to be back Scott so far. Kinda wonder if he doesn't pull him as a VP.
He got a token speaking spot at his nomination in 2016. Scott will bend the knee and be his Mike Pence. Scott most likely sees this as his best way to get to the White House eventually.
Get the rub with the base by being Trump's bitch boy. While still playing I'm a compassionate conservative card.

But first: The 71% of Americans in our latest NBC News poll saying the country is headed in the wrong direction is the eighth time in the last nine NBC News surveys dating back to Oct. 2021 when the wrong track has been above 70%.

usdissatisfaction.jpg

Reactions: Hawkman34
He got a token speaking spot at his nomination in 2016. Scott will bend the knee and be his Mike Pence. Scott most likely sees this as his best way to get to the White House eventually.
Get the rub with the base by being Trump's bitch boy. While still playing I'm a compassionate conservative card.
Gonna be trouble for the Dems if/when Trump can answer every race questions with " I would like to allow my VP to answer that".

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
But first: The 71% of Americans in our latest NBC News poll saying the country is headed in the wrong direction is the eighth time in the last nine NBC News surveys dating back to Oct. 2021 when the wrong track has been above 70%.

usdissatisfaction.jpg
Yeah, people are dumb and have been purposely fed a bunch of bullshit about "American carnage" and how awful the world is.

Come with objective data or don't bother.

So democracy isn’t dying?
Of course not. It is quite resilient. Look at our friends in Ukraine.

This is also why Trump will lose the general election if nominated.

Americans may flirt with autocracy, but they love their freedom and will ultimately fight for it.

Yeah, people are dumb and have been purposely fed a bunch of bullshit about "American carnage" and how awful the world is.

Come with objective data or don't bother.
There is zero methodology given in defining any variable in either of the poverty links you provided.

You can scroll down on the actual source data in this and see how the definition of poverty by income has changed.

( this is the bureaus source data)

A really easy way to change your output is to change the way you define the variables.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT