ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Scott...uh oh...

To say we aren’t better off now then we were 40 years ago is idiotic.
We have access to information instantly. We don't shit outdoors anymore. Most of us don't have to do hard labor for a living. Ask a carpenter if he'd rather build a house only using 1980 tech or 2020 tech. Etc etc

We have access to information instantly. We don't shit outdoors anymore. Most of us don't have to do hard labor for a living. Ask a carpenter if he'd rather build a house only using 1980 tech or 2020 tech. Etc etc
You shit outside in 2003? Or even 1983. Jesus dude.

Mellennials are quickly tiring of the bullshit gen Z narratives. Anyone that works with them quickly realizes they are all sizzle and no steak.
That's what every generation has said about the generation after them. Gen-Z is going to be a major player in the political landscape. The GOP is pandering to the wrong crowd and it's going to cost them dearly. I think so anyways.

Probably most if not all aspects of life lol. I’m trying to think of what would be better in 1983 compared to now?
I would be interested to see "quality of life" "depression, suicide, anxiety" rates ( admittedly i am biased that the internet has made those things sky rocket) marriage/divorce stats.

There is alot more to life than "income".

I would be interested to see "quality of life" "depression, suicide, anxiety" rates ( admittedly i am biased that the internet has made those things sky rocket) marriage/divorce stats.

There is alot more to life than "income".
Divorce rates are down significantly since the 1980s.

The Internet and social media hasn't made problems "skyrocket" at all.

It has just given you a much closer and more frequent view of them that is instantly accessible.

Noted.

I'm not judging, I enjoy a nice outdoor shit in an open air outhouse as much as the next guy but it's a novelty not necessity.
Not for my relatives in 1983. The wife has lots of extended family in the hills of Arkansas as well. She has many fond memories of stepping back to the early 20's. 1920's that is. :). Lots of areas around there had no electricity in the early 80's to early 90's.

It has just given you a much closer and more frequent view of them that is instantly accessible.
I would be surprised to see data that didn't show anxiety, depression, and likely suicide rates all being significantly up.

But first: The 71% of Americans in our latest NBC News poll saying the country is headed in the wrong direction is the eighth time in the last nine NBC News surveys dating back to Oct. 2021 when the wrong track has been above 70%.

usdissatisfaction.jpg

You understand that the Dems view it that way because of the Trumpers, right?

LOL at Scott if he thinks members of the GQP like Biggie, IMCC, Coffland14, or Northern will vote for him.
Wouldn't be sure. They could see him as one of the good ones. Colin Powell used to have that label. Until he started getting uppity.

He's easily the best candidate who has announced so far in the 2024 race on either side.

He stands little chance with Trump and DeSantis sucking all the air out of the GOP race.

Every once in a while you get a candidate who we should actually WANT to run for president, and we consistently choose someone else.
He's an oreo in the GOP. He has 0 chance. So does pecan sandies Namrata and Vivek. Zilch. I bet I get the same number of votes as Vivek. I too am a pecan sandy.

Not a huge fan of omitting more ans more states over time and using that as a reflection against data that doesn't have states omitted but according to this you are correct. Rough numbers it's gone from 5% to 3.5%.

John Kasich couldn't get traction either. The base doesn't want it. They want grievance politics. Everything wrong with the world is about the libs.
But also there is a strong strain in the DNC that says the same thing about the MAGA movement. The movement and it's grievances still primarily come from economic insecurity. When NAFTA was passed should have passed giant investments into rural areas to help mitigate the economic pain they were about to suffer.

There is no doubt we have made technological and scientific advances. That is undeniable. The question is are we better off as a people and a society? That gets a little bit more cloudy to answer in my opinion.

There is no doubt we have made technological and scientific advances. That is undeniable. The question is are we better off as a people and a society? That gets a little bit more cloudy to answer in my opinion.
Well someone can make the case we were all better off as farmers and growing what we ate. Instead gathering in large pools of people. It all depends on your perspective.

IT's only a matter of time before the MSM begins their campaign to bury Tim Scott. It happens with every conservative black candidate. It will also happen with the liberals here.
Why would they need to bury him? The MAGAts will do the job instead.

Reactions: torbee
IT's only a matter of time before the MSM begins their campaign to bury Tim Scott. It happens with every conservative black candidate. It will also happen with the liberals here.
LOL...so they don't try to bury every conservative white candidate??? The MSM? Liberal posters? Are you sure about that?

Yeah, like what? Us Dems are very supportive of the LGBTQ community.
And, Trump will savage him into a bloody pulp well before we get the chance.
Kind of takes the “racist” label off the table…it’s a D staple if you haven’t noticed.

Meth, Fentanyl, mental health, social media, environmental degradation...to name a few
Drugs, mental health, and environmental degradation have always been there. I didn’t grow up in the 80s but wasn’t the crack epidemic huge? I will say the access to pills is a problem in society today but in the 1980s you had a huge crackdown on minorities and certain communities. There is more awareness and better treatments for drugs and mental health while we are as a society trying to better our environment.

Social media is a new one but there are many positives that come with the negatives

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT