ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Scott...uh oh...

Assuming any of these are true I would be willing to bet it was lower in 1983.

I'm fascinated by that testosterone statistic. I've heard about this, but admittingly haven't read much into the studies. Lack of exercise/more sedentary lifestyles? Diet/processed foods? Modern Pharma/mental health meds? All of the above? It's plainly obvious in just about every aspect you see, even in normal, everyday life.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off-topic, probably worthy of it's own thread.

More subjective "feelings."

Again, the hard, objective data clearly shows living conditions for the average American have gotten considerably better compared to 4 decades prior.
LOL...Whatever...I will give you two of your "hard data" points. Less school shootings and less childhood suicide back then. If you won't admit that on a whole, emotionally...it was better to be a kid 30-40 years ago.....then the question was disingenuous to begin with.

Gonna be trouble for the Dems if/when Trump can answer every race questions with " I would like to allow my VP to answer that".
I don't know if deferring to a VP that wasn't in the picture during his last term on any question regarding his policies with race is the mic drop you seem to think it will be. I mean, it would certainly be on brand to be completely unable to explain his own actions in any coherent or responsible way, but it would also demonstrate, again, how he is completely incapable of taking accountability for himself. But then we already know that.

Reactions: torbee
I don't know if deferring to a VP that wasn't in the picture during his last term on any question regarding his policies with race is the mic drop you seem to think it will be. I mean, it would certainly be on brand to be completely unable to explain his own actions in any coherent or responsible way, but it would also demonstrate, again, how he is completely incapable of taking accountability for himself. But then we already know that.
Not everything needs to be a "mic drop". He would be able to eliminate snowball questioning. That's all he needs.

Not everything needs to be a "mic drop". He would be able to eliminate snowball questioning. That's all he needs.
I guess, but it still is about as weak of a response as he could possibly make. Of course, the scenario being imagined here will never happen. Not to Trump, not to any candidate anymore. Any campaign that allowed their candidate to be put in a situation where they can't control the type and style of questions is just asking to lose. Even a candidate that answers those questions well will be spun to look panicked or confused by the opposition's media. It's a big part of the reason we don't see it anymore. It's basically THE reason we rarely see Presidents take questions from any media anymore. It has become such a difficult thing to do that they trust the question answering to paid professionals who won't lose an election if they screw something up.

I have to laugh when media outlets complain about not getting to talk to the President anymore when they are the reason that Presidents won't talk to them anymore. At least not in an open forum like a press conference. The thing is, many times those questions are reasonable and relevant. I think it's the spinning of the answers that is the real problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT