ADVERTISEMENT

Tlaib refuses to apologize for blaming Israel for Gaza hospital blast, attacks Biden

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Jeffries and Pelosi both refusing to comment on her nutty ass.

Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib refused to apologize Wednesday for saying Tuesday that Israel is to blame for the hospital explosion that day in Gaza, an accusation that sparked political backlash against Tlaib from Republicans as Israel denies fault.

Tlaib joined thousands of protesters calling for a ceasefire in Gaza during a solidarity rally hosted by the left-leaning group Jewish Voice for Peace at the National Mall. She was visibly emotional, at times pausing her speech to openly weep and criticizing lawmakers who have not backed a ceasefire resolution.

"As an American, not just as a member of the United States Congress, I am ashamed. I am ashamed that they're saying, 'not yet. Maybe next week.' ... How many more have to die?" Tlaib said.

She also addressed the backlash, applauding attendees for the "courage it's taken to speak up."

"The American Jewish community in my district, and all of you here. I just know how much courage it's taken to speak up. Many of you have been targeted. You're being gas lit. Some people are losing their jobs. Folks are getting events canceled. Literally, their First Amendment right wiped away for standing up and saying that children deserve to live. It is literally inhumane for my colleagues to allow that to continue and say nothing," Tlaib said.

Tlaib also slammed President Joe Biden for his support for Israel's actions since the Hamas terrorist attack.

"To my president, to our president ... I want him to know, as a Palestinian American and somebody in Muslim faith, I'm not going to forget this. And I think a lot of people are not going to forget this," Tlaib said.

Rep. Ilhan Omar is also facing criticism from Republicans over similar comments Tuesday that Israel is to blame for the hospital explosion that day in Gaza as Israel denies fault. As information about the hospital blast was initially being reported, Tlaib tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, "Israel just bombed the Baptist Hospital killing 500 Palestinians (doctors, children, patients) just like that. @POTUS this is what happens when you refuse to facilitate a ceasefire & help de-escalate. Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many Palestinian Americans and Muslims Americans like me. We will remember where you stood."

Omar tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, "Bombing a hospital is among the gravest of war crimes. The IDF reportedly blowing up one of the few places the injured and wounded can seek medical treatment and shelter during a war is horrific. @POTUS needs to push for an immediate ceasefire to end this slaughter."

The backlash also showed continuing fault lines within the Democratic Party on Israel, with the two representatives standing out in criticizing Israel's government as other Democrats have said they do not believe Israel was responsible for the explosion.

Tlaib and Omar were the first two Muslim women elected to Congress and have been among Israel's strongest critics. Their comments have at times been alleged by colleagues and others in congressional leadership to be antisemitic. Some of the criticism leveled against Tlaib and Omar over past comments has also been criticized as being inflected with Islamophobic or racist rhetoric.

dems have managed to get the support of both liberal jews and islamists. it will be interesting how this continues to play out

Reactions: SIXERS24
giphy.gif

Are you telling me that someone (checks notes) of Palestinian descent wants people to stop killing (refers again to notes) Palestinians?
OMG!
For that to happen, she would need to ask Hamas to stop bombing hospitals and tearing Palestinian kids into the gory pieces I saw their dad's picking out of the rubble.

Won't hold my breath

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Wait. You guys are totally forgetting why we got her in the first place. And why She's awesome. She's a brown lady. They have special power amongst democrats. On balance probably worth keeping.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
If I were the praying sort. I’d pray to understand everything surrounding the current disposition.

As it is. She’s been through some shit. Shit that I’ve never experienced. Shit I would never wish upon my greatest enemy.

I don’t agree with her sentiment. Her hatred. I’ve not lived her life. Find myself unable to walk her shoes.

Empathy is what’s required here.

No. I I don’t understand her perspective. That’s not a reason to hate. Or disparage.

If I were the praying sort. I’d pray to understand everything surrounding the current disposition.

As it is. She’s been through some shit. Shit that I’ve never experienced. Shit I would never wish upon my greatest enemy.

I don’t agree with her sentiment. Her hatred. I’ve not lived her life. Find myself unable to walk her shoes.

Empathy is what’s required here.

No. I I don’t understand her perspective. That’s not a reason to hate. Or disparage.
Besides being born and raised in Detroit, what "shit" has she been through to bring her to support terrorists?

Are you telling me that someone (checks notes) of Palestinian descent wants people to stop killing (refers again to notes) Palestinians?
OMG!
No. They're telling you that someone (checks notes) of Palestinian descent wants (refers again to notes) to blame Jews for Palestinians killing Palestinians with their shitty, defective rockets.
OMG!

I missed the part where she stated her support of hamas. All I saw was her asking for a cease fire.
She was asked 10 times as she ran to hide in her office after the initial attack by Hamas to give a comment and she chose to not say shit about children dying and being kidnapped.

Funny, how when Hamas does the shit she goes into hiding or gives the "What do you expect to happen?" nonsense. As soon as Israel revs up the get back machine it's all about the children dying and cease fires.

And now that's it's been pretty much proven that the Muslim Jihad group destroyed their own hospital, do you think there's any chance she will admit or accept it or place blame on them for it?

I missed the part where she stated her support of hamas. All I saw was her asking for a cease fire.
Did you miss her support of Holocaust deniers?
She's a fruitcake.

Tlaib is a member of the Facebook group “Palestinian American Congress,” where members often demonize Jews. The group’s founder, Palestinian activist Maher Abdel-qader, was a key fundraiser for Tlaib and organized campaign events for her around the country.

In January 2018, Abdel-qader shared an anti-Semitic video that claimed Jews aren’t actually Jewish, and invented their historical claim to Israel and secretly control the media.
The video, which described Jews as “satanic,” also questioned whether 6 million Jews actually died in the Holocaust.
“Research the truth about the Holocaust, and you’ll definitely start to question what you thought you knew,” the video’s narrator says.

Abdel-qader shared the video both on his personal Facebook page and within the group that now includes Tlaib.
CXvN2LH.png

VGjpVf5.jpg

She was asked 10 times as she ran to hide in her office after the initial attack by Hamas to give a comment and she chose to not say shit about children dying and being kidnapped.

Funny, how when Hamas does the shit she goes into hiding or gives the "What do you expect to happen?" nonsense. As soon as Israel revs up the get back machine it's all about the children dying and cease fires.

And now that's it's been pretty much proven that the Muslim Jihad group destroyed their own hospital, do you think there's any chance she will admit or accept it or place blame on them for it?
So….she hasn’t? Thanks.

Did you miss her support of Holocaust deniers?
She's a fruitcake.

Tlaib is a member of the Facebook group “Palestinian American Congress,” where members often demonize Jews. The group’s founder, Palestinian activist Maher Abdel-qader, was a key fundraiser for Tlaib and organized campaign events for her around the country.

In January 2018, Abdel-qader shared an anti-Semitic video that claimed Jews aren’t actually Jewish, and invented their historical claim to Israel and secretly control the media.
The video, which described Jews as “satanic,” also questioned whether 6 million Jews actually died in the Holocaust.
“Research the truth about the Holocaust, and you’ll definitely start to question what you thought you knew,” the video’s narrator says.

Abdel-qader shared the video both on his personal Facebook page and within the group that now includes Tlaib.
CXvN2LH.png

VGjpVf5.jpg
So, you don’t have a quote from her either? Thanks.

Reactions: HawkNester
Well, that's her choice, I guess. I won't be voting for her in the next election.

Would it be terribly hard to primary her? I don’t know how popular she is in her district.
I lived in that area 15 years ago. Dearborn, MI has the highest concentration of Lebanese people outside the country of Lebanon. When Israel and Hamas were fighting, people took to the streets. One year, I had to walk about a mile to my house and park my car on the street because there were so many protesters in the road. Certain businesses have their main signs in Arabic.

There are about 55K households that speak Arabic as their primary language. That being said out of the 743K people in the district, 540K are white. So it's not as if the Arab population has a super majority.

Here is the tweet.

She is a POS for keeping it up. Important to note that neither she nor AOC have one single tweet condemning Hamas and supporting Israel in the hours and days after one kid the most barbaric and cruel terrorist attacks in modern world history. Omar has a condemnation but also has the same bs about hospital and is POS for keeping it up. But they did have time for dozens of anti Israel tweets when Israel hit back.

All three suck and are constant sources of embarrassment for the Democrats. They are the types that cause people to think it’s the democrats who are lunatics.

Here is the tweet.

She is a POS for keeping it up. Important to note that neither she nor AOC have one single tweet condemning Hamas and supporting Israel in the hours and days after one kid the most barbaric and cruel terrorist attacks in modern world history. Omar has a condemnation but also has the same bs about hospital and is POS for keeping it up. But they did have time for dozens of anti Israel tweets when Israel hit back.

All three suck and are constant sources of embarrassment for the Democrats. They are the types that cause people to think it’s the democrats who are lunatics.
Well, I am relieved that you believe there are only 3 Democrats you consider embarrassing to their Party.....Honestly, if I were list Republicans I felt are embarrassing to their Party, my list would probably be tenfold that number.

Well, I am relieved that you believe there are only 3 Democrats you consider embarrassing to their Party.....Honestly, if I were list Republicans I felt are embarrassing to their Party, my list would probably be tenfold that number.
More like a hundredfold. It’s definitely not equal!

Oh...so you need vocal support now to associate someone with bad groups like Hamas, the proud boys, white supremacists, etc. The "Walks like a duck" and "guilty by association" standards no longer appliy with you. Good to know. The whole "Republicans are bad because they don't say or do anything about MAGA" has been a farce this whole time with you.

Anything to defend the shittiest aspects of your side, as usual.

actions speak louder than words. Hanging out with people that are anti-Jew puts you in the “I support camp.”

Shit, guaranteed if you saw a picture of someone posing for a picture with Trump and claimed they weren’t MAGA you’d have an aneurysm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT