ADVERTISEMENT

Tlaib refuses to apologize for blaming Israel for Gaza hospital blast, attacks Biden

Her reaction was the same as many around here. How many of you have egg on your face after jumping immediately to a conclusion? Shocking.

Ah, so you think that unsupported claims should not be challenged.
No I think you’re acting like a big fuggin idiot. We get it, you always take the contrarian point of view and most times that good but here just admit Talib looks like a real piece of shit

No I think you’re acting like a big fuggin idiot. We get it, you always take the contrarian point of view and most times that good but here just admit Talib looks like a real piece of shit
I don't agree with everything she's said but I understand her position. She's calling for a ceasefire which I get. She hasn't stated support for Hamas as was claimed.

Hey, guys, Talib like totally doesn’t have any quotes supporting Hamas so she, like, totes can’t. You can’t support something unless you express it in speech.

@BelemNole
So your common sense tells you she supports what Hamas did to Israeli children? That's your hill?

So your common sense tells you she supports what Hamas did to Israeli children? That's your hill?
My common sense says that she should redact her tweet assigning blame to the bombardment of a hospital on Israel. Yet she hasn’t and I think it’s logical to assume why……

Are you aware that your post #25 doesn't support your claim?
Now you're denying what Holocaust denial is? LOL

The video, which described Jews as “satanic,” also questioned whether 6 million Jews actually died in the Holocaust.
“Research the truth about the Holocaust, and you’ll definitely start to question what you thought you knew,” the video’s narrator says.

Do you think the conventional wisdom on the Holocaust isn't the truth?

Do you think Holocaust deniers are fruitcakes, or very fine people?

Last edited:
I don't agree with everything she's said but I understand her position. She's calling for a ceasefire which I get. She hasn't stated support for Hamas as was claimed.

Why won’t she admit she was wrong and take down her tweet?

My common sense says that she should redact her tweet assigning blame to the bombardment of a hospital on Israel. Yet she hasn’t and I think it’s logical to assume why……
You're projecting onto her. I agree with this post. I'm talking about your previous post. You didn't answer that. Granted, it's easy to see why people on the right would lie and turn this into she supports terrorists. Constant BS and lies.

So civil discourse ends and petty arguing engulfs yet another thread. Each day I wake up telling myself, "stick to the non-political threads. Enjoy learning other ways to smoke a brisket, talk some football, and call it good." ...yet here I am:

whirlpool-sucked-in.gif

I only have myself to blame.

Now you're denying what Holocaust denial is? LOL

The video, which described Jews as “satanic,” also questioned whether 6 million Jews actually died in the Holocaust.
“Research the truth about the Holocaust, and you’ll definitely start to question what you thought you knew,” the video’s narrator says.

Do you think Holocaust deniers are fruitcakes, or very fine people?
JFC why do I engage with you? It's just nonstop stupid.
Where did I deny anything about the holocaust? I pointed out that your link didn't support your claim.
Yes, there was a holocaust and deniers are dumb. Neither have anything to do with your original claim.
But keep building straw men, your fans are impressed.

Why won’t she admit she was wrong and take down her tweet?
"Our office cited an AP report yesterday that the IDF had hit a Baptist hospital in Gaza. Since then, the IDF denied responsibility and the US intelligence assessment is that this was not done by Israel," she wrote. "It is a reminder that information is often unreliable and disputed in the fog of war (especially on Twitter where misinformation is rampant). We all have a responsibility to ensure information we are sharing is from credible sources and to acknowledge as new reports come in."

So civil discourse ends and petty arguing engulfs yet another thread. Each day I wake up telling myself, "stick to the non-political threads. Enjoy learning other ways to smoke a brisket, talk some football, and call it good." ...yet here I am:

whirlpool-sucked-in.gif

I only have myself to blame.
Posts like this always makes me think of this scene...

35243776-1e0f-4b49-a9c3-7f97e5c20766_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
"Our office cited an AP report yesterday that the IDF had hit a Baptist hospital in Gaza. Since then, the IDF denied responsibility and the US intelligence assessment is that this was not done by Israel," she wrote. "It is a reminder that information is often unreliable and disputed in the fog of war (especially on Twitter where misinformation is rampant). We all have a responsibility to ensure information we are sharing is from credible sources and to acknowledge as new reports come in."
Yet her tweet/post still lives on her profile. Seems like she needs to take her own advice

Reactions: Tom Paris
There you go again. Where has anyone here claimed that she has STATED that she supported Hamas? It has never been claimed here. You're lying. You're trying to make that the sticking point. It's a complete strawman and fabrication from you. No one is saying she is STATING her support for Hamas.

Remember before Trump got elected? Hillary was way up in all the phone polls because very few people STATED their support for Trump. Yet, when the time came, they all voted for him. No one STATES that they support terror groups, or racists, or Christian Laettner. But there sure are a shit load of them somehow.

How hard is it to say, "Hamas shouldn't have killed all of those women and babies."? Not calling out the most egregious acts when asked point blank screams "support" to me. Hell, even if it's mere indifference, it's complete evil and shitty.

There you go again. Where has anyone here claimed that she has STATED that she supported Hamas? You're trying to make that the sticking point. It's a complete strawman and fabrication from you. No one is saying she is STATING her support for Hamas.

Remember before Trump got elected? Hillary was way up in all the phone polls because very few people STATED their support for Trump. Yet, when the time came, they all voted for him. No one STATES that they support terror groups, or racists, or Christian Laettner. But there sure are a shit load of them somehow.

How hard is it to say, "Hamas shouldn't have killed all of those women and babies."? Not calling out the most egregious acts when asked point blank screams "support" to me. Hell, even if it's mere indifference, it's complete evil and shitty.
Well, lots of things seem to 'scream' stuff to you - it's well known.
But Bin posted "Yes, a Palestinian supporting a terrorist group is understandable." and you all lost your shit when I asked for the quote that supported the claim.

So, she hasn't admitted she was wrong yet, then. Great.

Well, lots of things seem to 'scream' stuff to you - it's well known.
But Bin posted "Yes, a Palestinian supporting a terrorist group is understandable." and you all lost your shit when I asked for the quote that supported the claim.
No one (especially in our government) claims verbally to support Hamas, you goddamned fool. Are you this fvcking dense? Again, show me where Trump admits he's a racist. You can't. Therefore, according to you, Trump is not a racist. Brilliant.

No one (especially in our government) claims verbally to support Hamas, you goddamned fool. Are you this fvcking dense? Again, show me where Trump admits he's a racist. You can't. Therefore, according to you, Trump is not a racist. Brilliant.
Oh look, you doing your thing again.

Tlaib calls for ceasefire - supports hamas.

Trump: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Trump never admits he's a racist...

Oh look, you doing your thing again.

Tlaib calls for ceasefire - supports hamas.

Trump: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump later said in a 1997 Playboy interview that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true.”
Trump never admits he's a racist...
Your logic. Not mine. Of course you’re limiting her to “calling for a ceasefire”. And ignoring all of the other shit…like not condemning Hamas murdering children when asked to do so TEN FVCKING TIMES. But yeah…keep living in your insane world you’ve created for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Sounds pro Hamas to me. Biden DID say something about the murdering of children. She’s a pro-Hamas propagandist: pure and simple.

President Biden, not all America is with you on this one, and you need to wake up and understand that. We are literally watching people commit genocide and killing a vast majority, and we still stand by and say nothing. We will remember this, but all of you, you need to know, I swear to god. You are on the right side of history."

Your logic. Not mine. Of course you’re limiting her to “calling for a ceasefire”. And ignoring all of the other shit…like not condemning Hamas murdering children when asked to do so TEN FVCKING TIMES. But yeah…keep living in your insane world you’ve created for yourself.
It’s like they’re trying to defend her. Acknowledge one wrong but not the others.

lol, you're actually equating what someone did with what another person didn't do. Completely the same in your world!!

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
lol, you're actually equating what someone did with what another person didn't do. Completely the same in your world!!
She DID run her ass into her office to avoid saying “Hamas did a bad thing.” This was the fvcking day it happened. It was a no brainer.

Where did I deny anything about the holocaust? I pointed out that your link didn't support your claim.

But that is incorrect, the video questions whether 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust.
Are you incapable of recognizing that is Holocaust denial?
Because its right there in front of you:

This is such a bizarre lane you’re carving here, there has to be some misunderstanding.

Yes, there was a holocaust and deniers are dumb. Neither have anything to do with your original claim.
Maybe this is where you got lost.
Go back and look at my ‘originial claim’: “Did you miss her support of Holocaust deniers?”

Your response to that was to ignore the evidence and claim there was none.
When I linked you back to the evidence you ignored you tried to tell me it doesn’t support the claim, so I quoted the evidence where it supported my claim.

Tlaib is a member of a Holocaust denying facebook group and lauds her Holocaust denying fundraiser. Do you think she’s a fruitcake? OR do you think she’s just in the holocaust denying facebook group to collect recipes from ’her roots’?

But that is incorrect, the video questions whether 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust.
Are you incapable of recognizing that is Holocaust denial?
Because its right there in front of you:

This is such a bizarre lane you’re carving here, there has to be some misunderstanding.

Maybe this is where you got lost.
Go back and look at my ‘originial claim’: “Did you miss her support of Holocaust deniers?”

Your response to that was to ignore the evidence and claim there was none.
When I linked you back to the evidence you ignored you tried to tell me it doesn’t support the claim, so I quoted the evidence where it supported my claim.

Tlaib is a member of a Holocaust denying facebook group and lauds her Holocaust denying fundraiser. Do you think she’s a fruitcake? OR do you think she’s just in the holocaust denying facebook group to collect recipes from ’her roots’?
Look, build all the strawmen you want but I have no interest in it.
Has she denied the Holocaust? Yes? No?
Have I?
Or have you involved a third person that has nothing to do with the original topic?

Jeffries and Pelosi both refusing to comment on her nutty ass.

Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib refused to apologize Wednesday for saying Tuesday that Israel is to blame for the hospital explosion that day in Gaza, an accusation that sparked political backlash against Tlaib from Republicans as Israel denies fault.

Tlaib joined thousands of protesters calling for a ceasefire in Gaza during a solidarity rally hosted by the left-leaning group Jewish Voice for Peace at the National Mall. She was visibly emotional, at times pausing her speech to openly weep and criticizing lawmakers who have not backed a ceasefire resolution.

"As an American, not just as a member of the United States Congress, I am ashamed. I am ashamed that they're saying, 'not yet. Maybe next week.' ... How many more have to die?" Tlaib said.

She also addressed the backlash, applauding attendees for the "courage it's taken to speak up."

"The American Jewish community in my district, and all of you here. I just know how much courage it's taken to speak up. Many of you have been targeted. You're being gas lit. Some people are losing their jobs. Folks are getting events canceled. Literally, their First Amendment right wiped away for standing up and saying that children deserve to live. It is literally inhumane for my colleagues to allow that to continue and say nothing," Tlaib said.

Tlaib also slammed President Joe Biden for his support for Israel's actions since the Hamas terrorist attack.

"To my president, to our president ... I want him to know, as a Palestinian American and somebody in Muslim faith, I'm not going to forget this. And I think a lot of people are not going to forget this," Tlaib said.

Rep. Ilhan Omar is also facing criticism from Republicans over similar comments Tuesday that Israel is to blame for the hospital explosion that day in Gaza as Israel denies fault. As information about the hospital blast was initially being reported, Tlaib tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, "Israel just bombed the Baptist Hospital killing 500 Palestinians (doctors, children, patients) just like that. @POTUS this is what happens when you refuse to facilitate a ceasefire & help de-escalate. Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many Palestinian Americans and Muslims Americans like me. We will remember where you stood."

Omar tweeted on Tuesday afternoon, "Bombing a hospital is among the gravest of war crimes. The IDF reportedly blowing up one of the few places the injured and wounded can seek medical treatment and shelter during a war is horrific. @POTUS needs to push for an immediate ceasefire to end this slaughter."

The backlash also showed continuing fault lines within the Democratic Party on Israel, with the two representatives standing out in criticizing Israel's government as other Democrats have said they do not believe Israel was responsible for the explosion.

Tlaib and Omar were the first two Muslim women elected to Congress and have been among Israel's strongest critics. Their comments have at times been alleged by colleagues and others in congressional leadership to be antisemitic. Some of the criticism leveled against Tlaib and Omar over past comments has also been criticized as being inflected with Islamophobic or racist rhetoric.
The hospital didn’t blow itself up lol.

Why should anyone have to apologize for holding an opinion?

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
I presume it is her opinion that Israel officials aren’t telling the truth about the attack.

I think she’s wrong. But literally millions of people also hold that opinion. Is it your belief one should have to apologize for holding an unpopular - or even incorrect - opinion?
There is evidence that contradicts her opinion. Just because she shares a dumbass opinion same as millions of others is not an excuse. She is an embarrassment.

I presume it is her opinion that Israel officials aren’t telling the truth about the attack.

I think she’s wrong. But literally millions of people also hold that opinion. Is it your belief one should have to apologize for holding an unpopular - or even incorrect - opinion?
Based on the attacks on this board when you guys argue with the right with facts against their opinion, he’ll yes.

And it’s worse because she’s a member of Congress and not some schmuck online.

BTW, the US intelligence has looked over Israel’s evidence and agrees.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT