ADVERTISEMENT

To Every "Real Fan" deciding what's acceptable behavior.

Speaking of the “true fans”, either I have them all on ignore or they’ve been extremely quiet lately. Probably some of both.

I suspect many “true fans” are seeing the light and realizing that our offense really is the dumpster fire it has been for years and that our OC and the nepotism that got him his job can no longer be defended with a straight face.

Although none of us wants to see this disastrous offensive performance that has cemented BF and Iowa as national laughingstocks, at least the realists among us have been vindicated and clearly proven correct, while the “true fans” find themselves out of ammo for their indefensible position.

Curious to see the makeup of our coaching staff next season; on the bright side, this is an opportunity for constructive change. And I’m now convinced we’re finally going to see some real change,
Unfortunately if KF is head coach.there will be no.change in offensive philosophy.

Yes. The question applies to those touting him an untouchable legend. If he were, it would be easy.
It is:

2002 Michigan
2005 LSU
2009 PSU
2008 PSU
2017 OSU
2021 PSU
2003 Michigan
2004 Wisconsin
2016 Michigan
2019 USC

This took me 1 minute.

Isn’t Ferentz Iowa’s top coach success wise? Even if it seems like the game has passed him by you don’t just get rid of those guys with a wave of your hand.

Someone compared his record now to Fry’s later years and it seems comparable. A guy who seems to be the second most successful coach at Iowa. And it also seems the Ferentz had his greatest successes early, similar to fry. I believe Fry made a bowl game in three years and it didn’t long to make the Rose Bowl.

Huh? Then why are you on here at all? Love when people act like they shouldn’t use this board to question, bitch, learn or whatever. That’s why there’s a board like this! Maybe you’re part of the football staff given your feigned ambivalence.

Lol you're here to have srs hut hut talk?

Isn’t Ferentz Iowa’s top coach success wise? Even if it seems like the game has passed him by you don’t just get rid of those guys with a wave of your hand.

Someone compared his record now to Fry’s later years and it seems comparable. A guy who seems to be the second most successful coach at Iowa. And it also seems the Ferentz had his greatest successes early, similar to fry. I believe Fry made a bowl game in three years and it didn’t long to make the Rose Bowl.
Second best? Your history of Hawkeye football is limited. Howard Jones (2 undefeated seasons, 2 national championships) Eddie Anderson.... Forest Evasheski, Big 10 championship, 2 Rose Bowls, national Championship, then Fry and then Ferentz. Iowa fans of a certain age are reluctant to change coaches because they are jaded by the memory of bad Iowa teams in the 70s' before Fry, Iowa has a longer history of stellar football before Fry.

• Love
Reactions: GHawk
Kindly go back to Sunnyside, do your Kirk Ferentz is our savior seminar, and accept what mediocrity this program has become. How much money does Kirk make? His son? Are they worth that much? The guy doesn't recruit well, doesn't think he should be questioned by anybody, and hasn't beaten anybody he shouldn't have for years. It's embarrassing, if you were paying his contract out of your pocket, would you be pleased?

Donors and season tickets holders are griping. They invest money and time into the program. They know Kirk never schedules a tough program out of conference, and plays one of the three Eastern powers rarely. Nobody in the West greatly out-recruits them.

So for six million or whatever he's making annually, plus the overpriced value of his son's contract. He underachieves. He is going to be pounded several times a year starting next year. So if you are reading this, getting offended, or just getting ready to hit the ignore button. I don't really care. But this tiresome narrative of the great Kirk Ferentz needs to die. He's never won a solo conference title. He's won one BCS Bowl game against Georgia Tech. He's beaten two second ranked teams in Michigan and Ohio State. He's owned a terrible Nebraska squad. Gotten blown out in his Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl games in his two greatest seasons.

He has tenure, and been propped up by fans happy with winning nine games against very weak conference foes. Seriously, give me his ten most impressive wins.
Holy cow
I don't know if I have ever seen/read information like this on this site before.
Thanks for Posting this here. we're all better informed now.

• Haha
Reactions: rrsteffe
Really does not matter what the fans think is acceptable, but what doe KF feels is acceptable for a successful program. As well as the administration.

Of course it matters. They don’t exist without us.

Second best? Your history of Hawkeye football is limited. Howard Jones (2 undefeated seasons, 2 national championships) Eddie Anderson.... Forest Evasheski, Big 10 championship, 2 Rose Bowls, national Championship, then Fry and then Ferentz. Iowa fans of a certain age are reluctant to change coaches because they are jaded by the memory of bad Iowa teams in the 70s' before Fry, Iowa has a longer history of stellar football before Fry.
I think you can make a case for the new guys over a coach who was there 100 years ago for 7,8 years and another guy who coached the same amount of years over 60 years ago.

• Haha
So you've got four. Only six more to go!!! Would you like me to name real legendary coaches top ten wins? I could do that for you, if you'd like.

I'll word this in bold letters for you, just in case you're mistaken.

I WANT THOSE PEOPLE WHO THINK KIRK FERENTZ IS A LEGEND, TO LIST HIS TEN ALL-TIME BEST WINS. THE BURDEN OF PROOF FALLS ON THOSE WANTING TO CROWN HIM. I DON'T THINK OF HIM AS A LEGEND. IF YOU DO, NAME TEN ALL-TIME WINS. AGAIN, I WANT YOU TO NAME HIS ALL-TIME BEST WINS. I CAN'T, THEREFORE I CAN'T CALL HIM A LEGEND. CAPISCE?
This Dale dude is a real piece of work and has now joined my ignore club.Welcome.

Kindly go back to Sunnyside, do your Kirk Ferentz is our savior seminar, and accept what mediocrity this program has become. How much money does Kirk make? His son? Are they worth that much? The guy doesn't recruit well, doesn't think he should be questioned by anybody, and hasn't beaten anybody he shouldn't have for years. It's embarrassing, if you were paying his contract out of your pocket, would you be pleased?

Donors and season tickets holders are griping. They invest money and time into the program. They know Kirk never schedules a tough program out of conference, and plays one of the three Eastern powers rarely. Nobody in the West greatly out-recruits them.

So for six million or whatever he's making annually, plus the overpriced value of his son's contract. He underachieves. He is going to be pounded several times a year starting next year. So if you are reading this, getting offended, or just getting ready to hit the ignore button. I don't really care. But this tiresome narrative of the great Kirk Ferentz needs to die. He's never won a solo conference title. He's won one BCS Bowl game against Georgia Tech. He's beaten two second ranked teams in Michigan and Ohio State. He's owned a terrible Nebraska squad. Gotten blown out in his Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl games in his two greatest seasons.

He has tenure, and been propped up by fans happy with winning nine games against very weak conference foes. Seriously, give me his ten most impressive wins.
I grew up in Iowa and graduated from U of I? I love Iowa sports and like everyone else enjoy winning games. That said, Iowa is not the most attractive recruiting destination. and it is not all about the coach and his approach. I remember years when we were the lowest of the low in the BIG. Ferentz has brought the program to respectability in the conference and nationally. Iowa football has an identity which has been successful over many years. It is not sexy, but works more often than not. We all want to win a national championship, but how realistic is that? I refuse to let unrealistic expectations spoil those moments of joy when we have winning seasons and bowl games. I had the joy of seeing Iowa defeat Florida and LSU in bowl games that I will always remember. Go Hawks!

The question I ponder is whether Brian leaving would make a difference? Whatever happens, I hope the Ferentz era ends with dignity and respect for a good man who has won over 200 games in NCAA football and brought many happy fall Saturdays to the Iowa faithful.

I grew up in Iowa and graduated from U of I? I love Iowa sports and like everyone else enjoy winning games. That said, Iowa is not the most attractive recruiting destination. and it is not all about the coach and his approach. I remember years when we were the lowest of the low in the BIG. Ferentz has brought the program to respectability in the conference and nationally. Iowa football has an identity which has been successful over many years. It is not sexy, but works more often than not. We all want to win a national championship, but how realistic is that? I refuse to let unrealistic expectations spoil those moments of joy when we have winning seasons and bowl games. I had the joy of seeing Iowa defeat Florida and LSU in bowl games that I will always remember. Go Hawks!

The question I ponder is whether Brian leaving would make a difference? Whatever happens, I hope the Ferentz era ends with dignity and respect for a good man who has won over 200 games in NCAA football and brought many happy fall Saturdays to the Iowa faithful.
Good post

I agree regarding KF’s departure. That said, having an offense in the top 75 or so in the nation shouldn’t be too much to ask, certainly isn’t an unrealistic expectation, and could have put us in contention to win the B1G several times in recent years.

I don’t think any reasonable Iowa fan — and I suspect that the vast majority of us are reasonable — has unrealistic expectations or is demanding that we contend for playoff spots annually, etc. We’re just asking for a competent offense. Doesn’t have to be flashy, etc. — just competent and even average.

There’s no reason that Iowa needs to have one of the very few worst offenses in the nation every year, and that’s exactly what Kirk’s son has delivered for 3 YEARS RUNNING. It’s absurd, and it simply must change. The fact that Kirk is allowing this sickening level of underperformance solely because his son is the OC will inevitably tarnish his legacy, unfortunately.

Didn't read , don't care.

Really does not matter what the fans think is acceptable, but what doe KF feels is acceptable for a successful program. As well as the administration.
When/if the fans start to think"meh" to Iowa Football and the revenue starts to fall off the administration will quickly consider what the fans think of Iowa Football

Don’t leave out GunnerHawk. He is much more of a real fan than all of us combined.
Thanks for adding your 2 cents. I drove 560 miles to watch the Hawks and my butt was in the stands, was yours? I didn't boo like some fans or drop F bombs about Brian like the bonehead behind us. He left with 8 minutes to go, hope he doesn't come back. Maybe he will enter the transfer portal and become a fan of another team. We can only hope.

I'll be there for Purdue again next week, will you? Cheering for our team in black and gold. Win or lose.

A "Fan" is defined as someone who likes and admires a person or team in an enthusiastic manner. Posters who continually degrade the team or players aren't fans. When I made the comment, "real fans", I'm referring to non-Hawks from other teams posting here and stirring the pot.

Reactions: cdier
Thanks for adding your 2 cents. I drove 560 miles to watch the Hawks and my butt was in the stands, was yours? I didn't boo like some fans or drop F bombs about Brian like the bonehead behind us. He left with 8 minutes to go, hope he doesn't come back. Maybe he will enter the transfer portal and become a fan of another team. We can only hope.

I'll be there for Purdue again next week, will you? Cheering for our team in black and gold. Win or lose.

A "Fan" is defined as someone who likes and admires a person or team in an enthusiastic manner. Posters who continually degrade the team or players aren't fans. When I made the comment, "real fans", I'm referring to non-Hawks from other teams posting here and stirring the pot.
Cringetopia on the “will you?” Lol.

Stop gate keeping.

Being vulgar is uncalled for and I appreciate calling that out but fans can boo. The coaching staff simply doesn’t deserve cheers for their offense. I’m not going to stop people from applauding when they get stuffed for a run on 3rd and long. But that would be kind of weird to clap and call your self a hawk lol.

Plenty fans like KF but want to see him hold the offensive line, wr receiver coach and the oc to higher standards. I think KF with some changes can indeed improve here while keeping defensive success moving. He’s had much more statically successful offenses before so it’s not that outlandish. If he would rather retire than go that direction I would understand too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT