ADVERTISEMENT

To show just how important the 2023 recruiting class is and producing similarly at least every other year:

Might as well beat a dead horse. Actually 2 titles one official one, the covd year, unofficial. That team was better then the team that won it and DESTROYED the field at B1Gs!

You can take a look at just a few weight class and get a real understanding. 197 and heavy in my opinion are the 2 hardest weights to fill. My person opinion is 197 is the hardest. In any case. F*** kale not only had an AA guy at 1 of these weights, he had 1 at each AND "recruited" OVER them both.

I will give you an opportunity to show me ANYWHERE that this has EVER happened in either weight classes? The reason it can be done, is $$$/9.9 is not an issue. If you look at 197, Beard is darn good, and he might have had 4 years left due to cvid? It doesn't even make sense to think about bringing dean in, unless you don't have to even consider if you will have enough funds to bring in another top guy.

That point is strengthened by the fiasco at 125. Since soriano left, who was #1 or so. Just take a look at how many TOP guys they have brought in at this weight. It is unreal!!! One or more EVER year, not a problem.

Now think about some of the guys IOWA missed on. There has been a few "busts" hate to use that word but it is what it is. Remember how it hurt the team because so much scholly $$$ was tied up. Not only that, but you could not maybe go after another kid, because you choose to sign someone else.

This recruiting game is a bit of a crap shoot. Not ever kid is going to pan out, and sometimes there are diamonds in the ruff. If however you have no limits and can keep swinging for the fences. Well your odds go way up.

It is not like anyone with 1/2 a brain or thinking with any logic does not understand this. The F*** people want everyone to believe that the great Kael invented the wheel. All the other coaches just could not figure it out. " how is he winning????" Well Tom, John, dick and harry, he is out recruiting all of you combined!!! He has more #1s more top 5s, more top 10s then if you put all your teams together and made 1.

"OHHHHHH, why don't we do that???" " You think it is a good idea? " "wait, how in hell is he doing that!?!?!??!" Well some rich alumni gave him 6 million to play with and with no oversight= game on!!

Now, it happened, deal with it, figure it out, do what has to be done to play on that level!

and

NO need for any F*** bandwagon board talking BS fan to try and say otherwise.

Crazy uncle ironbird is off his meds again.

Yes, it is all about Ira. He provided the dough and Cael spent it. And, he spent it well, see all the Titles. But them times are over when they had effectively 5-6 more schollies than everybody else.

Use MSU's methodology to insert the 2023 class to our next years team. Many may redshirt, but put their p4p number to the weight. The playing field is leveling, by MSU's calc. As to bringing in an elite guy or two during "non-haul years", I believe we will. The proof is in the puddin on transfers too.

Game on Ped State

Holy hell what an embarrassing post. Every last Iowa wrestling fan should be mortified that your name will be associated with their wrestling facility. You continue to represent your university with the least class possible.

And you seem to forget which Big Ten program undeniably broke the rules and utilized more than their allotted scholarships during their long ago heyday.

Obviously this is an Iowa board and most guys here probably don’t want to upset someone who is willing to try to salvage a sunken ship, but I would hope that if money were no issue the collective group of normal posters on here would work to distance themselves as much as possible from the likes of you.

Anyway, I expect a few “no, YOU” type replies, as is customary here.

Welcome to the posters from out east who have joined the fray to defend the honor of their team.
It is interesting to see the ‘it’s not about the money’ approach. Just look at the pro athletes that claim ‘it’s not about the money’ usually it’s about the money. Your consistent denial and deflection on that subject is numerous. We can get into camp counselor money, huge nest egg, nlwc prospects for money, etc. It is reality and to claim otherwise is intellectually disingenuous.
But to me the other part that Iowa needs to figure out is how to get their wrestlers to the finish line like Carl does. Their ability to appear healthier at the end of the year on a consistent basis is big.
Iowa is pushing their chips into the center of the table, annual contributions are about equal for the clubs. Psu has a huge lead but hopefully the gap will narrow.
The other request would be for these posters to have some humility, acknowledge the advantages and remember that you are guests here. The mods let this board be a little more freewheeling then the psu forums. Just because they will let you be a jackwagon doesn’t mean it is required to be one.

Dake and Nolf are in the same weight class. Part of your shtick is Cael promises recruits a stint as a stipended resident athlete in the NLWC as a guarantee to entice them. I presented Hall and Joseph as an example that clearly contradicts your lame assertion. That Snyder, Dake, and Gillman are also non-PSU recruits at the NLWC further undercuts your lame assertion. It demonstrates one doesn't not need to wrestle for PSU to earn the benefit you allege Cael promises.

Those guys leaving doesn't mean anything in the world of getting paid at PSU. Plenty of ways and sources for guys to get their money without staying at the club.

You and the other turds can respectfully piss off back to your own site. We don't need your point of view here. You are not changing anyone's opinions on anything, just clogging the board up with stupid bickering. The Mat board in now at Intermat not here, take the bickering over there.

Crazy uncle ironbird is off his meds again.

Holy hell what an embarrassing post. Every last Iowa wrestling fan should be mortified that your name will be associated with their wrestling facility. You continue to represent your university with the least class possible.

And you seem to forget which Big Ten program undeniably broke the rules and utilized more than their allotted scholarships during their long ago heyday.

Obviously this is an Iowa board and most guys here probably don’t want to upset someone who is willing to try to salvage a sunken ship, but I would hope that if money were no issue the collective group of normal posters on here would work to distance themselves as much as possible from the likes of you.

Anyway, I expect a few “no, YOU” type replies, as is customary here.
PA

Embarrassing for Ped State I'd say. I had this directly told to me by Lubert himself over lunch with another PA booster. Would you like the date?

Class? Ped State has zero class. I've seen their BS up close since I was a kid.

Gable expansion of schollies in the day was nothing compared to the PSU slush fund. Are you not admitting what has gone on? If so, that's par for the course when it comes out of "Happy Valley". Keep living in your Alt Universe.

And BTW, I find it strange and laughable that so many Ped Staters come on this board. I've never once had the notion to go to yours. You guys must have low self esteem and a sore neck. The good news is that you'll soon be breathing our dust, but only for a short time, as the dust will settle by the time you jog by.

Welcome to the posters from out east who have joined the fray to defend the honor of their team.
It is interesting to see the ‘it’s not about the money’ approach. Just look at the pro athletes that claim ‘it’s not about the money’ usually it’s about the money. Your consistent denial and deflection on that subject is numerous. We can get into camp counselor money, huge nest egg, nlwc prospects for money, etc. It is reality and to claim otherwise is intellectually disingenuous.
But to me the other part that Iowa needs to figure out is how to get their wrestlers to the finish line like Carl does. Their ability to appear healthier at the end of the year on a consistent basis is big.
Iowa is pushing their chips into the center of the table, annual contributions are about equal for the clubs. Psu has a huge lead but hopefully the gap will narrow.
The other request would be for these posters to have some humility, acknowledge the advantages and remember that you are guests here. The mods let this board be a little more freewheeling then the psu forums. Just because they will let you be a jackwagon doesn’t mean it is required to be one.
Some good points here, although again I most point out that there is zero evidence of any of the allegations of impropriety (athlete payments, steroids) this board loves to bandy about. Meanwhile it’s well documented that Gable cheated with regards to scholarships for several years (or “expanded” the scholarships, to borrow an unbelievably laughable phrase from bnicolls.)

Reactions: hlstone
PA

Embarrassing for Ped State I'd say. I had this directly told to me by Lubert himself over lunch with another PA booster. Would you like the date?

Gable expansion of schollies in the day was nothing compared to the PSU slush fund. Are you not admitting what has gone on? If so, that's par for the course when it comes out of "Happy Valley". Keep living in your Alt Universe.

And BTW, I find it strange and laughable that so many Ped Staters come on this board. I've never once had the notion to go to yours. You guys must have low self esteem and a sore neck. The good news is that you'll soon be breathing our dust, but only for a short time, as the dust will settle by the time you jog by.

But then there’s this garbage dump of a post. Again, it’s a testament to the power of the almighty dollar that people on here would tolerate such a consistently embarrassing attitude. There are some truly awesome posters on here, but thankfully the bad ones do a great job at outing themselves on a regular basis.

Inexplicably, the defense by these low quality posters is usually “well if you don’t like me pissing in my own pool, stop coming into my pool!” I mean, I guess there’s a point there, but how about just learning how to potty train oneself?

Some of us really enjoy wrestling and discussing it and enjoy/appreciate conversing with other fan bases besides just our own. I think the……substantial difference in attitudes/aptitudes between the PSU and Iowa board tends to throw some of us off at times.

But then there’s this garbage dump of a post. Again, it’s a testament to the power of the almighty dollar that people on here would tolerate such a consistently embarrassing attitude. There are some truly awesome posters on here, but thankfully the bad ones do a great job at outing themselves on a regular basis.

Inexplicably, the defense by these low quality posters is usually “well if you don’t like me pissing in my own pool, stop coming into my pool!” I mean, I guess there’s a point there, but how about just learning how to potty train oneself?

Some of us really enjoy wrestling and discussing it and enjoy/appreciate conversing with other fan bases besides just our own. I think the……substantial difference in attitudes/aptitudes between the PSU and Iowa board tends to throw some of us off at times.
You're a pompous and pretentious fool.

I really can't help you. Better seek a strong therapist.

Reactions: Grip220
Some good points here, although again I most point out that there is zero evidence of any of the allegations of impropriety (athlete payments, steroids) this board loves to bandy about. Meanwhile it’s well documented that Gable cheated with regards to scholarships for several years (or “expanded” the scholarships, to borrow an unbelievably laughable phrase from bnicolls.)
Nor will there be. If you don’t look you can’t see it.
Line items on a 990 form is an easy way to hide quite a few things. If you can honestly say that none of it is going on then we can agree to disagree.
Why isn’t Bonds in the HOF? No evidence that he cheated would be the defense used. Just allegations and physical changes but no evidence.
As far as Gable following direction from the B1G office? Guilty. If that is what you want to hang your hat on go for it.
Psu does some amazing things, the majority of the posters that come over here? They make it difficult to appreciate what is being done there.
As far as situations that embarrass a university can we agree that the situation that occurred at psu tops pretty much anything? A few scholarships for a few years pales in comparison. So maybe a little humility would help or heaven forbid go hang out with other people who think nothing is ever amiss in happy valley. There are plenty of deniers to join

You ... can respectfully piss off back to your own site. We don't need your point of view here. You are not changing anyone's opinions on anything...
You are mistaken if you believe I post to change the minds of certain posters. I simply post to set the record straight when I read disinformation. This is more for the benefit of those who read boards without ever creating an account. It takes two to "bicker," so...

I find it strange and laughable that so many Penn Staters come on this board.

I simply come to the board to read Iowa fans' takes on Iowa wrestling, since HR seems the best free venue for it. Maybe someday, I'll even join the Inner Circle. The vast majority of threads I simply read and occasionally react without posting. Seems reasonable to me.

If a thread contains a take on PSU, I simply try to present alternative explanations based on information of which I am aware.

You are mistaken if you believe I post to change the minds of certain posters. I simply post to set the record straight when I read disinformation. This is more for the benefit of those who read boards without ever creating an account. It takes two to "bicker," so...

I simply come to the board to read Iowa fans' takes on Iowa wrestling, since HR seems the best free venue for it. Maybe someday, I'll even join the Inner Circle. The vast majority of threads I simply read and occasionally react without posting. Seems reasonable to me.

If a thread contains a take on PSU, I simply try to present alternative explanations based on information of which I am aware.

You are not setting anything straight. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. You're a turd troll that has nothing better to do than start crap on other team's board. The reality is PSU has no real competition most years and you get bored punching each other's clowns about how good you are so you come over here to start shit.

The reality is PSU has no real competition most years and you get bored punching each other's clowns about how good you are so you come over here to start shit.
Obviously, I am not answering you to change your opinion. But I don’t come over here to "start shit." I respond to "shit" started by others.

Obviously, I am not answering you to change your opinion. But I don’t come over here to "start shit." I respond to "shit" started by others.
Iowa fans posting on their own board is not starting shit. Don't come here and you won't even know what gets posted. I read the PSU board from time to time, I even read all the derogatory anti Iowa posts but I have the strength to do so without interjecting my opinion.

Getting blue chips is just the beginning. Like a good knife the steel must be tempered correctly or it will become brittle and break. The knife maker must know when to quench and which oil to use.
And I think that TnT do, but we always need the very best ingredients.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
You're a pompous and pretentious fool.

I really can't help you. Better seek a strong therapist.
Better than being a slum landlord I would think. But I digress

Bloomberg is not exactly a radical publication like Mother Jones, so for them to go after you, you must be quite the operator.

Last edited:
PA

Do better. This type of dbaggery should be beneath you.
033cf7f168714349193317e277b45f0db873b988.gif

Bloomberg is not exactly a radical publication like Mother Jones, so for them to go after you, you must be quite the operator.

Nice last post, C-Man.

Reactions: WexfordWarrior

Yikes.

Not much to say after that mess.

Your a Penn stater get it off your chest. If we did it over there on bwi. We get banned. That’s why you are saying that. We aren’t soft over here. We have thick skin!!
Two clowns reacted to the post!! That’s facts

Last edited:
Just wish these psu fans would disappear!! Your page is full of fake fans. Y’all never had a rivals page until Beal got there!! Now you try to compete with the iowa page which is full of knowledge fans who been here for years before your fans where even around. I get it winning is contagious but that board is weak. Bunch of fairweather fans. I’m from the east coast. So I’ve seen it from the beginning. Like a bunch of roaches!!!

Check out the facts and you'll see this was a liberal activist masquerading as a "reporter". 95% of it is BS. And Old news. While you're at it, check out the same hose job from Oliver. And, total BS

Looks like it's myself vs all of Ped State. I'd say that is a fair fight

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT