ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Lickliter vs. Brian Ferentz

Lick was a lazy recruiter. His last class was decent but he hated recruiting and didn’t pay attention to the AAU circuit. Looking back it was Brad Stevens who made Lick at Butler. He was on his was to Iowa City to stay on his staff when he took a ball and was offered the Butler job. Then he turned around and drove back and the rest is history.
I’m not quite following what happened the last two sentences. Stevens was coming to iowa city to coach under Lickliter until he got offered the Butler job?

I’m not quite following what happened the last two sentences. Stevens was coming to iowa city to coach under Lickliter until he got offered the Butler job?
Yes. What I read in the past was he literally was in the car and got a call from Butler for the head job and he accepted.

What do you mean by killed Iowa football.
No Razzle Dazzle?
They have completely destroyed the side of the ball they are both responsible for. No receiver wants to come here. We can’t get or develop quarterbacks or keep them healthy. Our line has fallen apart.

They have completely destroyed the side of the ball they are both responsible for. No receiver wants to come here. We can’t get or develop quarterbacks or keep them healthy. Our line has fallen apart.
Ok you mean the offensive side of Iowa football not Iowa football totally.
Defense an Special teams are great.

Ok you mean the offensive side of Iowa football not Iowa football totally.
Defense an Special teams are great.
Well yea. Brian has nothing to do with the defense or special teams, no matter how much we try and scream, “complimentary football.”

I mean what do we think Phil says to the defense after giving up only field goals in losses to Illinois last year and now Minnesota??? “Guys. I’m sorry how bad our offense is. We can only control our side of the ball. Nothing else we can do.”

Well yea. Brian has nothing to do with the defense or special teams, no matter how much we try and scream, “complimentary football.”

I mean what do we think Phil says to the defense after giving up only field goals in losses to Illinois last year and now Minnesota??? “Guys. I’m sorry how bad our offense is. We can only control our side of the ball. Nothing else we can do.”
Well you said Killed Iowa football so I wanted you to clarify that.
Still 6-2.

Well you said Killed Iowa football so I wanted you to clarify that.
Still 6-2.
The iowa football they are both responsible for, they’ve absolutely killed, destroyed, wrecked. Having great special teams and defense doesn’t change that. Kirk can get credit for that with those two units. That’s why I’m happy he’s back. Brian absolutely doesn’t and has held this team back for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT