ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's win makes it 5 out of the last 6 against MSU

Izzo = Fran's bitch.

my-bitch-kevin-spacey.gif

I always think back to Fran’s 3rd? Year loss to MSU in the Big tournament when we got absolutely screwed by the refs with no lube. Cost us an NCAA tournament bid. I think Fran does too.

Fran runs hot during games (like most coaches)

At the same time, he is not going to bend over for anyone and early on during his Iowa tenure calls did not go both ways. Fran/Iowa seemed to get screwed a lot by some really key calls that determined games (and NCAA tourney bids)

Remember when Lick woud put his face into his palms? I saw that at least twice from Izzo tonight

Did Owen Freeman have and injury, sick or foul trouble? I see he only played 8 minutes

I’ve never understood the point of benching a player after their 4th foul. I’d rather they play as long as they can and foul out than sit them so they don’t. You effectively foul them out at 4 fouls by benching them.

how many times do we see a guy with 2 fouls in the 1st half get benched and they end up with just 3 fouls for the entire game?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
And we had no problem without him.

It did get a little close for comfort towards the end.

The first half, Iowa got the lead up to 12 without him. Iowa started the second half strong with him pushing that lead to 16.

I know I couldn’t wait for the clock to hit zeros…..

I know this forum isn’t the place to admit this but I actually thought that 4th foul call was correct, he was bodying the MSU player and knocked him off balance, that’s going to get called more often than not. He’s got to learn to be smarter when he’s in foul trouble. It didn’t look to me like he had much awareness that he was already on thin ice and needed to be real careful not to pick up another foul.

Reactions: goodbyebobby
I know this forum isn’t the place to admit this but I actually thought that 4th foul call was correct, he was bodying the MSU player and knocked him off balance, that’s going to get called more often than not. He’s got to learn to be smarter when he’s in foul trouble. It didn’t look to me like he had much awareness that he was already on thin ice and needed to be real careful not to pick up another foul.

The part that is left out is that Kohler backed down, extends his left arm while dribbling and shoves Freeman backwards. Kohler then tried to back down more and Freeman shoved him. Foul called on Freeman. If the obvious offensive foul is called, Freeman doesn’t pick up #4 there.

Right before that. Iowa was on offense and Freeman had the ball. He did a spin move and Kohler extended his right leg out which was in the path of Freeman to the hoop. Kohler falls over and trips Freeman who loses the ball out of bounds.

Pretty crappy sequence for the officiating.
Foul three I can live with. Freeman takes a chicken wing to the chest, then jumped up and swatted at the shot, hitting the shooter on the arm when he didn’t remain vertical. Freeman is pretty good at giving the chicken wings too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT