ADVERTISEMENT

Transgender patients sue Wisconsin for not covering their surgeries

obfuscating

HR Legend
Jan 8, 2016
And now you want us to pay for your F'ing reassignment surgery - NFW! You want to change how you look or feel - that is "elective" regardless of what "dysphoria" you dream up in your Liberal eutopia.

Two transgender Wisconsin residents are suing the state’s health department, alleging discrimination because their desired gender reassignment surgery is not covered by Wisconsin Medicaid.

In the complaint, plaintiffs Cody Flack and Sara Ann Makenzie challenge a 1997 Wisconsin regulation that prohibits the state’s Medicaid program from covering what it refers to as “transsexual surgery.”

The regulation, which is similar to provisions in nine other states, says such surgery is medically unnecessary. The plaintiffs say the regulation “flies in the face” of the medical consensus on gender dysphoria, the “clinically significant distress associated with having a gender identity ... that conflicts with the sex one was assigned at birth.”

Flack and Makenzie have both been clinically diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and have received other medical treatments including surgery and hormone replacement therapy, according to the lawsuit. Both have experienced severe emotional distress as a result of the coverage being denied, according to the suit.

“Wisconsin treats its transgender Medicaid beneficiaries as second-class citizens and their transition-related health-care needs as ‘unnecessary,’ ” the claim reads.

Flack, a transgender man, and Makenzie, a transgender woman, are asking a federal judge to declare the provision unconstitutional under the Affordable Care Act and to block the state from denying them coverage. They are also seeking damages for related “economic and non-economic injuries” and legal fees.

“Each of them has suffered, and is continuing to suffer, symptoms of gender dysphoria, severe emotional distress, and physical injury and pain, all of which would be avoidable if they had access to this medically necessary care,” the claim reads.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-sue-wisconsin-for-denying-coverage-of-gender

Hope the courts dismiss this case.
If they don't all hell will break loose across the country with "Pat" wanting surgery...

gvg64lid1diy.jpg

Reactions: thewop and Hammer93
"The plaintiffs say the regulation “flies in the face” of the medical consensus on gender dysphoria, the “clinically significant distress associated with having a gender identity ... that conflicts with the sex one was assigned at birth.”

They should sue whoever was responsible for assigning their sex at birth.

Reactions: isufan21
The patient's health is not at risk if the surgery is not performed. There isn't a clearer case for this being elective.
If the patient's mental health is the issue, then perhaps it should be addressed by a mental health professional and not a surgeon.
What are you medical qualifications?

How many of you had met a transgender person and spoke to them for more than 10 minutes.

Listen, nobody here gives two s***s if a grown ass adult wants to cut off their d*** or breasts and parade around as another sex. By all means, have at it.

What people do give a damn about, is people like you demanding that we pay for it. Get out of here with that bulls***.

lucas trolling on a Monday.

To the OP, I hope the lawsuit plaintiffs lose, bigly. A lot of stupid sick people Obama’s America created, the damage will be felt for decades.

Reactions: obfuscating
Listen, nobody here gives two s***s if a grown ass adult wants to cut off their d*** or breasts and parade around as another sex. By all means, have at it.

What people do give a damn about, is people like you demanding that we pay for it. Get out of here with that bulls***.

Amen!

How many of you had met a transgender person and spoke to them for more than 10 minutes.
we used to play tennis with one. then surprisingly he or she was spotted at church. it was amazing becuase I would assume most of the trans folks would not be religious. oh well.

You going to be okay sir? Need a tissue?

Reactions: BrianNole09
It is so funny how triggered you people are on someone that has no effect on you. I could give a shit if what they do, and that 20 cents really wouldn't effect me. And I really don't care if they win or lose this case.

Reactions: lucas80 and Urohawk
Ah violence from the Left - you all have some serious issues. Too early in the morning to take your meds, maybe ramp them up so you don't have these violent outbreaks.

Oh wait - you don't have a paycheck, you have a welfare check. Understood now.

LOLOLOL Oh hey look another stupid post from a dumb Trump Supporter. First, again you worthless human being, I am not a left, second, you deserve every asshole comment toward you scumbag.

Third, I am on wellfare and get George Soros money. Hey btw thanks for the money, you sure helped me out moron.

I wonder if The Trumpkin realizes that Democrats work for a living.... I know that made up stuff that trumpkin came up with, like everything else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT