ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective Season 4

In 3, the part where the locals chased the Vietnam Vet back to his house that he booby trapped, Watching the rednecks get their legs blown off, etc. was fairly entertaining.

Loved the first season, but saw the bad reviews for season 2 and never continued watching. As I've said in other threads we pivoted over to Homeland. Just finished that this past weekend and now we're watching Succession. I'll monitor this thread and maybe finish up True Detective after all.

Reactions: ericram
Loved the first season, but saw the bad reviews for season 2 and never continued watching. As I've said in other threads we pivoted over to Homeland. Just finished that this past weekend and now we're watching Succession. I'll monitor this thread and maybe finish up True Detective after all.

Season 1 was great. 2 not so good. 3 was solid - Mahershala Ali of course - and 4 shows promise.

Try Season 3 and see what you think.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Season 2 had promise but there was to much going on with all the story lines. A couple awesome scenes

I liked the first episode, not sure if they are going supernatural which I don’t think I would enjoy as much.

The piercings bother me, not sure if they are some sort of tribal thing or not. Maybe they will get to that later

Season 2 had promise but there was to much going on with all the story lines. A couple awesome scenes

I liked the first episode, not sure if they are going supernatural which I don’t think I would enjoy as much.

The piercings bother me, not sure if they are some sort of tribal thing or not. Maybe they will get to that later
The actor has her cheeks pierced in real life looks like

Watched episode 1 of season 4. I really enjoyed it....kinda gives me the creepy vibes that season 1 did.

The strange lady following that dude in the middle of the night...was CREEPY.

I wish they'd release like 2 or 3 episodes at once and then go to once a week.

This was one of the most intense scenes I have watched in any shows. When McAdam’s character was composing herself at the end of it, I could feel that as a viewer.

Yeah. Pretty much the most intense brutal gun sequence I have ever seen in a show and left my jaw hanging.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Helps for me that each season is it's own thing. I didn't have HBO at the time of s1 or s2; and most of its been spoiled since so i haven't gone back to watch. s3 everyone seemed to dislike so i didn't dive in on that.

Loved the cast announced for s4 so i watched the premiere and liked it.

Watched episode 1 of season 4. I really enjoyed it....kinda gives me the creepy vibes that season 1 did.

The strange lady following that dude in the middle of the night...was CREEPY.

I wish they'd release like 2 or 3 episodes at once and then go to once a week.
I love Fiona Shaw. She's amazing in everything she's in. An incredibly skilled actress.

Helps for me that each season is it's own thing. I didn't have HBO at the time of s1 or s2; and most of its been spoiled since so i haven't gone back to watch. s3 everyone seemed to dislike so i didn't dive in on that.

Loved the cast announced for s4 so i watched the premiere and liked it.
S1 is worth a watch 100%. Even if you know what happens, its such a good season of episodes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT