ADVERTISEMENT

Trump: "We are Going to Possibly Do Some Things That Are Very Very Tough"

When we ditched the Mujahedin in Afghanistan, nothing bad came out of that. I'm sure the Kurds will just forget about how we betrayed them to the Turks and just let it go.
Pretty sure a few will end up in this country trying to collect the bounty on Trump's head. I still maintain the WH didn't think over the long term possibilities.

I agree with a large portion of this post.

So many stupid foreign endeavors.

What separates me from many posters, is that I’m consistent in regards to foreign entanglements, while most of you either support or protest military intervention solely based on whether a D or a R is leading the charge.
Textbook example of projection.

I have no problem with any draft-dodger. I exalt them, to be perfectly honest. I sure as hell would have dodged the draft during Vietnam. I would also never have sent young men to die in more bullshit wars if I became involved in American government. Conscription is evil. If wealthy, old men have to force young men (and pay them), against their free will, to go kill other poor men, then I have serious doubts as to whether or not the actual reason for doing it is genuine.

Personally, I have no problem with Trump removing American troops from any combat zone, especially in the Middle East. I actually commend him for doing it. However, I don't think his reasons for doing it (or intentions) were anything like "I want to save American lives." I'm sure he had some personal interest at stake.
social-spending-cuts-cartoon.jpg

I don't care that Trump dodged the draft. I don't care that W dodged the draft. I don't care that Clinton dodged the draft.

I do care if they used privilege or corruption to dodge the draft.

Draft = Bad

Vietnam War = Bad

Avoiding the Vietnam War = Sensible

Using power, privilege, bribed doctors, etc. to Avoid the Vietnam War = Craven and Corrupt.

You stupid libs don’t get it, we have never had a president as tough as the great Donald Trump.
The guy who cannot even fire anyone face to face? The guy who missed our only opportunity to commemorate the 100th anniversary of WW1 because it was raining?
Trump is a blowhard who can only destroy what others have accomplished. His stupidity and selfishness is a threat to the country.

"We're going to possibly do some things that are very very tough"

U mean like re-vamp the ACA, by either FIXING the parts the GOP wrecked or providing an ACTUAL REPLACEMENT that is BETTER and CHEAPER and EXPANDS COVERAGE TO EVERYONE, like you SAID you'd do?????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't care that Trump dodged the draft. I don't care that W dodged the draft. I don't care that Clinton dodged the draft.

Draft = Bad

Vietnam War = Bad

Using power, privilege, bribed doctors, etc. to Avoid the Vietnam War = Craven and Corrupt.
wrong, there's no difference between the two unless the dodger goes on to send others to war.

Reactions: strummingram

Draft = Bad

Vietnam War = Bad

What's wrong with using whatever resource you have to get out of the draft?

What's wrong with using whatever resource you have to get out of the draft?
Fair question.

I'm not sure I have a good answer. So maybe nothing - unless maybe you lie about it later. Or if you hypocritically support the enterprise you dodged, or similar enterprises going forward.

There's always the question of what happens to those who fill your spot. But I'll leave that to another time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT