ADVERTISEMENT

Turns out abortion bans . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Lead to more abortions. Geez, if only someone on the pro-choice side had mentioned that the best way to reduce abortion is sex education, supporting widespread contraceptive use and other non-restrictive campaigns. Oh wait, WE DID. Repeatedly.

Nice work, Pro-Life folks.

Altogether, about 511,000 abortions were estimated to have occurred in areas where the procedure was legal in the first six months of 2023, a review of Guttmacher’s data shows, compared with about 465,000 abortions nationwide in a six-month period of 2020.

Lead to more abortions. Geez, if only someone on the pro-choice side had mentioned that the best way to reduce abortion is sex education, supporting widespread contraceptive use and other non-restrictive campaigns. Oh wait, WE DID. Repeatedly.

Abortions up in Iowa when Kimmy gutted planned parenthood. Vote them all out.

Altogether, about 511,000 abortions were estimated to have occurred in areas where the procedure was legal in the first six months of 2023, a review of Guttmacher’s data shows, compared with about 465,000 abortions nationwide in a six-month period of 2020.

Wow - I was thinking this was just a state comparison and of course there will be more in the states that allow abortions. But it's actually cumulative across the nation abortions are up almost 10%.

Maybe if there weren't so MANY abortions the GOP wouldn't mind so much. 511,000 in 6 months?

Women should have a right to choose. They also have the right to not get pregnant.

Maybe if there weren't so MANY abortions the GOP wouldn't mind so much. 511,000 in 6 months?

Women should have a right to choose. They also have the right to not get pregnant.
Hence why restrictive abortion laws are pointless.

To actually REDUCE abortions, we should be focused on education, not criminalization.

I consider myself anti-abortion but pro-choice. The work should be to reduce the demand and decrease the number of women that view abortion as a form of birth control rather than a necessary medical procedure in cases of rape, incest or health of a mother.

This generation is called the boomerang generation because they can't ****ing deal with life outside of their parents home and your surprised they don't want to bring a child into the current environment?

Odd.
Yeah…that’s not why adults are still living with their parents.

To actually REDUCE abortions, we should be focused on education, not criminalization.

I consider myself anti-abortion but pro-choice. The work should be to reduce the demand and decrease the number of women that view abortion as a form of birth control rather than a necessary medical procedure in cases of rape, incest or health of a mother.
Now only if this was one of the options. Unfortunately we live in a world where it’s for or against abortion.
We can’t ever have a middle ground and try and prevent issues.
We have to let issues happen and then blame each other for why it happened/happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
I suspect as is the case with data comparisons on almost any issue, comparing pretty much anything to the first six months of 2020, when Covid-mania was at its peak, is likely to reflect some distortions. Probably particularly so with respect to intimate sexual contact.

Last edited:
Why do you think we are seeing this generation move back into home?
Median-US-House-Sales-Prices-and-Median-Family-Income.jpg

grattan-house-prices-Vs-wages.jpg

I would add to education, positive financial support mechanisms to facilitate adoptions, where the mom doesn't think herself up to it (notwithstanding how formidable she actually is)

Agreed. And cost of living is higher all the way around.

Don't you think it stands to reason that some young people might be delaying having a family due to these very reasons?

Cuz that's what I'm saying.
when lumber, labor, and land continues and home supply is much less than demand, is it any surprise that home prices are outpacing salaries?

For two straight legislative sessions Kimmie has tried to gain funding for expanding birth control in Iowa. Both times the GQP have rebuffed her.

As soon as you tell the kids they cannot have something, they're gonna work extra hard just to get it....

Wouldn’t access to healthcare have been severely restricted in that six month period in 2020? Doesn’t seem like a fair comparison.

I absolutely agree with that. People can’t afford to support themselves, let alone a family.
Exactly.

I think another portion of what we are seeing is what I will call the ammo effect. Anytime there is any concern about gun rights, every Tom dick and Harry goes out and buys ammo. There MAY be a portion of this data that said they were going to have an abortion because they were not quite ready and they didn't know if abortions would be available in 2 years ( example).

That second part is pure speculation on my part though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT