ADVERTISEMENT

TV Experts

BHoppy

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
So, what is the difference, and can you notice between the below models, besides the price.

Getting a 65" TV.

OLED 4K UHD
QLED 4K UHD
LED 4K UHD

How are LG TVs?

So, what is the difference, and can you notice between the below models, besides the price.

Getting a 65" TV.

OLED 4K UHD
QLED 4K UHD
LED 4K UHD

How are LG TVs?
I can't comment good or bad on LG's but I've always bought Samsung. I've had a 40" in the basement for 12 years that still works like new. Honestly if you are buying from the store just look at em and decide which picture you think is best. Is it just for TV? Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about the little specs

Getting a 65" TV.

OLED 4K UHD
QLED 4K UHD
LED 4K UHD

How are LG TVs?
What will you be hooking up to it? Rabbit ears, 4K player, XBOX Series X, 1080i cable via HDMI? All those TVs support different features that may or may not matter to you. OLED tends to burn in if you play the same video game all the time although that hasn't happened to me yet. Sites like Best Buy usually have a good break down. If your devices don't matter, go with your eyes and budget. Happy shopping!

Reactions: bdoss
What will you be hooking up to it? Rabbit ears, 4K player, XBOX Series X, 1080i cable via HDMI? All those TVs support different features that may or may not matter to you. OLED tends to burn in if you play the same video game all the time although that hasn't happened to me yet. Sites like Best Buy usually have a good break down. If your devices don't matter, go with your eyes and budget. Happy shopping!
I stream and mostly for Sports and Movies. Friend has just the LG 65" LED 4k UHD, picture looks good. The difference in price for this one vs OLED is about $1000. Do not know if it is worth it.

I stream and mostly for Sports and Movies. Friend has just the LG 65" LED 4k UHD, picture looks good. The difference in price for this one vs OLED is about $1000. Do not know if it is worth it.
Understood, I got the OLED for 4K HDR gaming and 4K movie players.

Reactions: BHoppy
We have a 50" LG plasma and a 65" Sony OLED at home. The OLED is a phenomenal TV with an incredible picture. Looked at the QLED and regular LED, the OLED is more expensive, but if you spend a lot of time watching, you'll never regret the purchase. More vivid colors, blacker blacks and a very sharp image. Well worth the money for sports and 4k viewing.

If you don't know the differences between the TVs, then they likely aren't worth $1,000 for you to upgrade.

We have a 50" LG plasma and a 65" Sony OLED at home. The OLED is a phenomenal TV with an incredible picture. Looked at the QLED and regular LED, the OLED is more expensive, but if you spend a lot of time watching, you'll never regret the purchase. More vivid colors, blacker blacks and a very sharp image. Well worth the money for sports and 4k viewing.
Still have a 55" Panasonic Plasma for main TV, Samsung and Sony 42" that I won. So, growing up with black and white only and 3 channels, I have witnessed the changes in TV technology. So, I can appreciate the changes. Can afford the OLED, but can also use the extra cash toward a new 9.9 4 stroke outboard :cool:

One thing I notice with OLED, is the black color is better and does not blend in to block other colors or picture. Does that make sense?

Reactions: Strength 1
TVs that big might need to be delivered even if purchased at a store in town. They occasionally get damaged, would be a good idea to have them set up to confirm it's good. Will probably need 2 people to transfer and setup. If not could be a hassle to return etc. Might be an extra fee.

Reactions: Dauminator
Still have a 55" Panasonic Plasma for main TV, Samsung and Sony 42" that I won. So, growing up with black and white only and 3 channels, I have witnessed the changes in TV technology. So, I can appreciate the changes. Can afford the OLED, but can also use the extra cash toward a new 9.9 4 stroke outboard :cool:

One thing I notice with OLED, is the black color is better and does not blend in to block other colors or picture. Does that make sense?
I have a Panasonic plasma also, 65" still works great and to me the picture seems very good too. Just plain lcd has been around a long time and are cheap. The others are the newer technology.

They haven't made plasma TVs for awhile now. I have decided to just keep this till it blows. Hope it doesn't blow plasma all over 😳

Reactions: BHoppy
OLED is better picture than QLED but more expensive.

LG is the leader in OLED TVs.
Samsung, from what I have read, are as good. With that being said, we have a 65 LG OLED Evo, and I cannot imagine a better picture.

Any projectors that rival a high quality TV? Such a huge range in prices on the projectors.
We have a projector as well, to use outside on occasion at night. It was quite expensive, for what you get, and they don't really work in bright daylight.

Getting a 65" TV.

OLED 4K UHD
QLED 4K UHD
LED 4K UHD

How are LG TVs?
I just purchased the LG 65" OLED TV and the picture is unreal. Love it.

I'd be willing to bet that if I set up 10 TV's in my living room that maybe 1 in 10 people might be able to pick out the most expensive one via the picture alone.
I think you would be surprised how different they look next to each other. Our OLED is on a roller stand in our sunroom that I wheel into the family room as overflow when there is more than one game. The other tv is 4k UHD and it looks like complete dogshit next to it. On its own it looks good enough.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan

Hell with the TV get the less expensive one that gets the job done. About the boat motor, is it a kicker, or a HP restriction on a lake? This is what's important!

Reactions: FranklinHawk
We have a projector as well, to use outside on occasion at night. It was quite expensive, for what you get, and they don't really work in bright daylight.
Got a cheap one for Christmas, audio sucks but picture does the trick for night games or Halloween movie projected in the driveway on the garage door.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I can just notice the difference watching Peacock on my laptop than the 4k TV. I'm spending up next time we need a tv. But, our current tv in the living room is as wide as piano next to it.

Got a cheap one for Christmas, audio sucks but picture does the trick for night games or Halloween movie projected in the driveway on the garage door.
There’s no great solution for audio outside that I have found, unless you go hog wild.

I have an 85" Sony LCD Bravia, and an 65" LG OLED that are 4K. Yes, OLED has darker blacks, but both are a great watching experience. Most of my family cannot tell the difference between them and my 10 yo Samsung 43" 1080p when sitting at a proper distance. They are all over 120 HZ. Don't get a 60 HZ refresh rate.

Reactions: BHoppy and amahawk
Hell with the TV get the less expensive one that gets the job done. About the boat motor, is it a kicker, or a HP restriction on a lake? This is what's important!
Restriction. No more that 10 horse is allowed from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Lake McBride near Solon Iowa.

I have a Panasonic plasma also, 65" still works great and to me the picture seems very good too. Just plain lcd has been around a long time and are cheap. The others are the newer technology.

They haven't made plasma TVs for awhile now. I have decided to just keep this till it blows. Hope it doesn't blow plasma all over 😳
Hope it doesn't blow plasma all over 😳

That’s what she said……

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT