ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

1b5fa985-3306-4fa9-804d-ee7252fb7640_text.gif

So I'm listening to Futbol Americas and Taylor Twellman is on. He said that with the Titans in the playoffs and they didn't trust the turf in cold weather and SKC's field isn't heated. I still don't like it but I guess it makes sense

Thanks for posting that. I guess that all makes sense.

Thanks for posting that. I guess that all makes sense.
To be fair, I’m not sure there was ever going to be a good situation once we knew we would be away at Canada in this winter window (thanks again Covid). This is normally not a window they play qualifiers during - but between moving the Qatar World Cup to next winter, the condensed qualifying schedule due to Covid, attempting to reduce travel time to help with rest and recovery between games, etc. and then just bad luck with the weather. You knew it would be cold, but they rolled the dice that it wouldn’t be freezing. Columbus I don’t think will be bad; Minneapolis next week makes me nervous with the freezing cold. That ball will be a freaking rock and teams are likely to play long balls much of the game, no one’s going to want repeated short passes with a ball that hard.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The Lletget and Zardes hate is just anti-MLS bias. Zardes is one of the most productive forwards in his first ten games in USMNT history. Lletget has often provided a sturdy veteran presence and leadership. Neither are starters, and they don't need to be. Scally and Pefok will get there, but a lot of USMNT fans need to calm down.
The other part is…why pick them over others at this point? We’re in an unfortunate place where we have had a lot of young players who have flashed at the ST position, but have been inconsistent with the USMNT. As young as the roster is overall, I’m okay with including veterans for now in the midst of a WCQ cycle. Squad development happens the most during friendlies.

We’ll probably see him if we need a goal. He’s a pure finisher, while Ferreira and Weah are more athletic. Weah has been amazing lately. Hard to keep him off.

I prefer Aaronson but the difference isn't that big.

And Weah did have one hell of a game against Mexico.

Is the USMNT really so desperate we have to freeze out El Salvador? This is stupid

we’ve had chances and just can’t convert. The longer this goes on we will get a goal or two.

They lucked out on the weather. If this game was scheduled for two nights ago they wouldn't have been able to play it. It's still cold, but not what it could have been.

Also, Robinson can't cross today. Could be the weather. I knew it would be like this though. Let's see how the second half goes.

They lucked out on the weather. If this game was scheduled for two nights ago they wouldn't have been able to play it. It's still cold, but not what it could have been.

Also, Robinson can't cross today. Could be the weather. I knew it would be like this though. Let's see how the second half goes.
Yeah, I figured long crosses and corners would be difficult tonight.

Remember that we are freezing them out as our advantage. The advantage in most of the rest against us is bottles filled with piss thrown at our players. Or complete shit fields. Deliberately flooding a field and using it comes to mind as well

I'm ok freezing them out

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Remember that we are freezing them out as our advantage. The advantage in most of the rest against us is bottles filled with piss thrown at our players. Or complete shit fields. Deliberately flooding a field and using it comes to mind as well

I'm ok freezing them out
I'm all for gamesmenship too, I just don't think this gives us an advantage. The US is better. They have more talent and playing in horrible conditions is bringing their quality of play down to the level of El Salvador. Although, it's probably too early to....

....and as I was typing that the US SCORES!!!!!!

Anyway, the US has been a very tough 2nd half team.

Worried we're going to give up a late one here.
Yeah, El Salvador is putting the pressure on now. Meanwhile, Jamaica is parking 10 guys in the box and letting Mexico be in a shooting gallery. Usually they will end up scoring in this but we'll see. About 10 minutes left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT