ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

official didn’t call an even game, which is what made that foul surprising.

no idea why, but they just looked completely flat after halftime.

still, a week ago I’d have said 4 points from this window was good so I’ll take it.
I think he did alright. I also wonder if there had been a better angle, would it be a more obvious foul. I remember the American ref at the World Cup, Baharmast, get raked over the coals by the press over a supposedly weak disallowed goal call, and then the next day they had a Norwegian TV angle that showed an egregious shirt hold.

Missed the 1st 20-25 minutes yesterday with my commute home from work. Very tough game to watch, it looked like they were playing on concrete. I think both teams struggled with the field at times. Very lucky to walk out of there with a point.

Got the Paramount + trial, was kind of disappointed. I was hoping to be able start from the beginning since I was late but there were no options to pause or rewind.

Reactions: B1GDeal
Missed the 1st 20-25 minutes yesterday with my commute home from work. Very tough game to watch, it looked like they were playing on concrete. I think both teams struggled with the field at times. Very lucky to walk out of there with a point.

Got the Paramount + trial, was kind of disappointed. I was hoping to be able start from the beginning since I was late but there were no options to pause or rewind.

If you are interested I think you can watch match replays on there.

Can someone fill me in on what happened in our game? Who played well? Who struggled other than Robinson?
US looked good early. Weah scored a nice goal. Then Jamaica scored a on a long range bomb from Antonio. In my opinion Jamaica was able to turn the game into a very physical, athletic game and Jamaica was better at winning the 2nd balls. US couldn't implement much of a press because Jamaica bypassed it. No Weston hurt because he's our best ball winner. Busio wasn't bad but he can't replace that aspect of Weston's game. Jamaica arguably should've won had a goal ruled off for a foul on corner kick. On the other hand there's a decent argument they should've been a man down with the foul on Adams.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
US looked good early. Weah scored a nice goal. Then Jamaica scored a on a long range bomb from Antonio. In my opinion Jamaica was able to turn the game into a very physical, athletic game and Jamaica was better at winning the 2nd balls. US couldn't implement much of a press because Jamaica bypassed it. No Weston hurt because he's our best ball winner. Busio wasn't bad but he can't replace that aspect of Weston's game. Jamaica arguably should've won had a goal ruled off for a foul on corner kick. On the other hand there's a decent argument they should've been a man down with the foul on Adams.

Thanks I was coaching and couldn't look. I checked before I went to talk with my team and we were up 1-0 then by the time we were heading to warmups it was 1-1 :(

Oh well. Point on the road isn't bad. I really can't see us falling out of the top 4. Not that I want to be 4th.

Reactions: Dorrman
If you restrict tickets to season ticket holders first and they are not in California, Texas or Florida.
You can't have it in Chicago either. I'm not sure this is the best idea as I think the conditions might limit our ability to play and these are matches I think we can play quality soccer

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
If you restrict tickets to season ticket holders first and they are not in California, Texas or Florida.

All WCQs except in Nashville have been a weighted draw. So unless you're a member of a recognized US Soccer group, you're only chance of getting in is through a secondary market or the away team allotment.

I was at the 2017 WCQ in Orlando vs. Panama is it was 95% American. The WCQ that year in San Jose vs. Honduras also seemed to be a very big pro-American crowd

Yeah, there are some markets I would avoid, but I still think you can spread out these important games and still get a great home advantage

You can't have it in Chicago either. I'm not sure this is the best idea as I think the conditions might limit our ability to play and these are matches I think we can play quality soccer

Honestly, this did cross my mind. Honduras isn't a world beater. I think on a normal field in any area without a lot of Honduran immigrants, we would be fine.

Chicago is absolutely out. I have been there for friendlies against England and Poland. Gold Cup final vs Panama and semis against Honduras. First round of the hex against T+T.

Only the final vs Panama and an empty Toyota Park against T+T were pro US.
All WCQs except in Nashville have been a weighted draw. So unless you're a member of a recognized US Soccer group, you're only chance of getting in is through a secondary market or the away team allotment.

I was at the 2017 WCQ in Orlando vs. Panama is it was 95% American. The WCQ that year in San Jose vs. Honduras also seemed to be a very big pro-American crowd

Yeah, there are some markets I would avoid, but I still think you can spread out these important games and still get a great home advantage

Good points. They tried Austin and it wasn't terrible. I just can't stand it when the US "gets it wrong" and throws games in areas where we are in danger of not having a home field. I really hate when friendlies are in NY/NJ, DC, LA, etc... when you know nobody is showing up there.

I would love to see a friendly at some random places as long as the turf will hold up. Basically any grass college football stadium. Might be a great way to grow the game.

Reactions: jaxhawk06

Yea, I'm not understanding this at all. Our players are hardly that much more accustomed to what will likely be treacherous conditions in the midwest. Against both ES and Honduras, we are the most technically gifted side and would be getting 70% of the ball and do most of the passing. Why do we want a potentially unpredictable field? It's one thing if you're Canada and there's a big talent gap at 9 or 10 positions around the field (David and Davies are obviously quality) and you want dreadful conditions to "level the playing field". It seems like this has the opposite effect. We are opening the door to more possibilities of fluke goals going the other way against the run of play.

The Snow Claisco is kind of put on a pedestal a bit but I do remember that game very well, and there were very few chances for either side as conditions worsened. Obviously build up became next to impossible. Quite honestly, we were fortunate to score the goal when we did early. That side probably could have put up 2 or 3 more goals and won that game more comfortably somewhere else.

I was at that snow game in Denver sitting in like row 5 with the American Outlaws. One of my favorite fan experiences ever.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Yea, I'm not understanding this at all. Our players are hardly that much more accustomed to what will likely be treacherous conditions in the midwest. Against both ES and Honduras, we are the most technically gifted side and would be getting 70% of the ball and do most of the passing. Why do we want a potentially unpredictable field? It's one thing if you're Canada and there's a big talent gap at 9 or 10 positions around the field (David and Davies are obviously quality) and you want dreadful conditions to "level the playing field". It seems like this has the opposite effect. We are opening the door to more possibilities of fluke goals going the other way against the run of play.

The Snow Claisco is kind of put on a pedestal a bit but I do remember that game very well, and there were very few chances for either side as conditions worsened. Obviously build up became next to impossible. Quite honestly, we were fortunate to score the goal when we did early. That side probably could have put up 2 or 3 more goals and won that game more comfortably somewhere else.
I agree to some extent, but it's interesting how many of our regulars are from cold weather climates: Steffen, Turner, Pulisic, Cannon, McKenzie, Antonee Robinson, Miles Robinson, Scally, Vines, Adams, Musah, Aaronsen, and Weah are all from cold, northern climates. That experience has to have SOME advantage.

I was at that snow game in Denver sitting in like row 5 with the American Outlaws. One of my favorite fan experiences ever.
Did you go to the Rapids' Thanksgiving Day playoff game? The atmosphere looked awesome on TV, and I loved going to that stadium for the Rapids-Real rivalry match. Was hoping to see Acosta and Vines make a playoff run. :(

The 4th place concacaf team will face Oceania champion. That makes 4th place less precarious. The big concern is that you would get a south american team.

The 4th place concacaf team will face Oceania champion. That makes 4th place less precarious. The big concern is that you would get a south american team.
Is 2022 not an expanded field? Or is 2026 the first one?

CONCACAF still only gets 3.5 for 2022?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT