ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

Will be an interesting chess match with lineup selections. Costa Rica has several guys with yellow cards who would miss the playoff if they don’t win huge tonight. Do they go for broke tonight and risk those guys or just accept that overcoming the massive goal difference against either Mexico or USA and sit the key guys and see if you get lucky tonight?

Next cycle will be weird. Have they decided if USA is the only auto-qualifier, or will Canada/Mexico also get auto-bids as co-hosts?

i have no memory of how it worked in 2002 when Japan and South Korea co-hosted.
This is a good question. Watch them take the winner of this years Octagonal so Canada gets the bye.

This is a good question. Watch them take the winner of this years Octagonal so Canada gets the bye.
I mean…all things being equal, I think it’s fair to expect the 3 countries as the class of CONCACAF for the next four years if only because it seems like most of the Central American countries are going thru down cycles currently. Thought Jamaica was making a move, but absolutely nothing went right for them this time around.

Next cycle will be weird. Have they decided if USA is the only auto-qualifier, or will Canada/Mexico also get auto-bids as co-hosts?

The 2026 World Cup will have 48 teams and CONCACAF will probably get either 5.5 or 6.5 teams so I am guessing all three will be automatic qualifiers

all 3 will be auto qualifiers.

US are going for the win

Costa Rico is sitting all players with yellow cards

Missed name of this on the field reporter for CBS Sports in the green turtleneck? Thanks for any help

Jenny Chiu, thank you DVR feature on YTTV
GpDruq2G_400x400.jpg

Not the way I wanted the US to finish this cycle . Thank goodness they got that point at the Azteca. World Cup here we come! World Cup draw is on Friday already

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The US just can't put together a good game in that hell hole.

I thought we played fine. Allowed 3 shots in the second half that were dangerous, resulted in 2 goals. We had a million chances/half chances that were all saved... which is a major problem. We still don't have a 9.

End of the day, it wasn't pretty but good enough.

Point breakdown
1. Canada- 1
2. Mexico- 4
3. USA
4. Costa Rica- 3
5. Panama- 3
6. Jamaica- 4
7. El Salvador- 4
8. Honduras- 6

Home: 6-1-0
Road: 1-3-3

Need to improve playing away from the US.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
While it's cool that we made it back to the world cup, that game last night was awful. The US should not be finishing 3rd in North America in any sport.

A couple interesting USMNT news bits today: Ethan Horvath is set to join Atlanta United on loan from his Belgian side, while Matthew Hoppe is in talks to join the Chicago Fire from CD Mallorca. Both hoping increased playing time puts them in the World Cup roster picture.

Reactions: jaxhawk06
Much needed MASSIVE upgrade in the Fire attack, with El Tri winger and a USMNT striker coming in this weekend. Des Moines Menace’s own, Chris Mueller going back home to try and get back in the picture:

@jaxhawk06

Last edited:
Much needed MASSIVE upgrade in the Fire attack, with El Tri winger and a USMNT striker coming in this weekend. Des Moines Menace’s own, Chris Mueller going back home to try and get back in the picture:

@jaxhawk06
The Fire are actually trying this year and it's fun to watch. My priority viewing this summer is rapidly switching from the Cubs to the Fire. I will have to adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The Fire are actually trying this year and it's fun to watch. My priority viewing this summer is rapidly switching from the Cubs to the Fire. I will have to adjust accordingly.
Finally we are seeing Shaqiri, Mueller, Rodriguez, and Torres clicking. Czichos and Teran, with Mauricio Pineda in front of them, have been, stingy. Can’t wait to get Gimenez and Przybylko off the books next year. We’ll have some room to keep our young talent AND go after a big designated player. Mueller has been a breath of fresh air in the attack. Dude HAS to be sniffing the last roster spot with the USMNT. This was icing on the cake last weekend, for their first EVER win in Vancouver:

Last edited:
Reactions: BioHawk
What a shitty display. Our back end is dreadful and we just aren't threatening up top. On the 2nd goal, Zimmerman literally turns away from the ball allowing it to go past him vs standing firm and deflecting the shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT