ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

The thing you are forgetting is counter attacking with the individual play of Davies and David is Canada's bread and butter. You can't counter attack a park the bus defense.

No, I got ya. I am not saying don't go defensive, I just thought it was TOO defensive. I would have gone with a 4-4-2 flat mid. One of the two center mids go forward to support when a forward holds up play. Outside backs do not go forward. Outside mids stay tucked in and don't go forward.

Don't let Davies or David beat you. Still doesn't let Buchanan feast in the middle. Kyle Layrn wasn't going to out duel any of our CBs, I didn't feel anyway.

Either way, just my line of thinking. Like I said, I can't argue the results. I just wanted to see more possession higher up the field. Pepi was just never in a good spot to get the ball and hold in the 5-4-1.

I also have some recency bias because I went against my gut and went to a 5-4-1 this season and we gave up 2 goals in the final 6 minutes to lose 2-1 because we couldn't keep any possession. Would have been our first win over a ranked 3A team and kept our conference title hopes alive. Ouch...

Interesting tidbit: We are down to five non-FIFA federations in CONCACAF (all branches of French Football). Four of them were in the twelve teams that made the Gold Cup prelims. It appears that they will take all three spots, with Guadeloupe and Martinique in and French Guiana likely joining them at the conclusion of their match starting now.

Absolute BS. Dest 2 game suspension. Wes 3. Mexican players got the same suspensions. Bull crap. You are telling me the hack on Flo was equal to Wes shoving the guy away? You are kidding...

Still a couple hours too late of a start, but there's a world of difference between a 9p CST start on a Saturday night then on a night in the middle of the work week.
Imagine leaving a game at 11 pm CT in downtown St. Louis as fans will on Wednesday. 😬

Imagine leaving a game at 11 pm CT in downtown St. Louis as fans will on Wednesday. 😬
Yeah, no thanks. That would be way too late for me.

Unless I want to be like this the next day,

home-work-kid.gif

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Just saw the opening kick is actually 11:30 on Wednesday night. Nuh uh. I'll record and watch it later. That's nuts.

If its not a WC match or some big tourney final the US is playing for, then

no-no-no-no.gif

As someone who doesn't follow soccer, even the US, that closely ....... why are most of the big names not playing tonight? Pro club obligations or ...?

As someone who doesn't follow soccer, even the US, that closely ....... why are most of the big names not playing tonight? Pro club obligations or ...?
Well two of them are serving some bullshit suspensions for defending themselves. But I think the others are getting a break after playing a couple games last week. Plus, these group stage games are a good opportunity to give some of the other players a shot. The US should beat these teams no matter who we put out there.

No, but I think the long European season plays a factor. Gives those guys a little break before Euro preseason, and gives us a chance to look at who deserves those last roster spots on the first team.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Well two of them are serving some bullshit suspensions for defending themselves. But I think the others are getting a break after playing a couple games last week. Plus, these group stage games are a good opportunity to give some of the other players a shot. The US should beat these teams no matter who we put out there.
Based on our lineup vs theirs, I texted my buddy 2-0 Jamaica at the start of this match (though I got the goal scorers wrong so far). Jamaica always brings it at the GC. They played in back-to-back finals recently for a reason.

I texted my buddy 2-0 Jamaica at the start of this match (though I got the goal scorers wrong so far). Jamaica always brings it at the GC. They played in back-to-back finals recently for a reason.
That could happen if the US just keeps letting them do whatever they wanton their own side of the field. Does this Gold Cup actually matter for anything?

That could happen if the US just keeps letting them do whatever they wanton their own side of the field. Does this Gold Cup actually matter for anything?
Not that I’m aware of. Miss playing for a spot in the Confederations Cup (RIP) back in the day.

Just ditched YouTube TV so I can’t watch tonight.

Jamaica has a pretty solid attaching team. 3 Premier League players

Jamaica constantly pulling US players down by reaching out and grabbing jerseys as they are getting beaten.

And ANOTHER foul not called, leading to a foul on US because he needed to do it to prevent at an easy attempt for a JAM goal.

jfc

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The opposite side whole top bowl isn't sold. Don't want to be a debbie downer.

Anyone else here?

No and it feels so weird that I'm watching a USMNT game at Soldier Field from home. I honestly don't think I've missed many.

I think the crowd is pretty solid, 9pm start time vs. Jamaica all things considered

US looks seriously disinterested in this match, most the time.

But I don't watch much soccer, so jmo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT