ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

So, JAM player fakes an injury and US not only gets scoring oppo stopped, but also ball given to JAM after stoppage.

W.T.F. did I just watch???

JAM player can't even work up the effort to roll around as if in extreme pain, but just lays there to get stoppage.

AND SUCK IT, guy! You bought that tying goal by the US, you dipturd.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
After the first 82+ minutes of this one, a D almost feels like a W.

And hope you enjoyed that little lie down Bailey, cause it stole your team's chance at 3 points in this one.

Well, got back to the hotel. Game was okay. US dominated most aspects of the game with the B team. Doubled shots and possession but so uncreative going forward. It was painful.

Reactions: HawkBall23
First upset brewing? Martinique picked apart El Salvador twice on counterattacks in the first 15, and now lead 2-0 at halftime on FS1.

Reactions: Dorrman
Well, got back to the hotel. Game was okay. US dominated most aspects of the game with the B team. Doubled shots and possession but so uncreative going forward. It was painful.
Yep, it was a snoozefest. The crowd hardly got into it much at all. Lacked movement... guys mostly standing around ball-watching. I've been to many USMNT games and this was the least interesting and least I've seen a crowd involved to include the Outlaws.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Honest question. Why does the USMNT feel the need to develop such a deep pool? We have Turner starting and hopefully Robinson the rest of the way as A Team guys. We have a ton of reserves that are B team guys. Then guys that I would consider C or D team to round out the roster.

So why?

Our A team doesn’t get reps in group stage games. We play a few friendlies, especially in Europe, with them, Nations League which is spread out, and qualifiers (which won't even matter next time).

I don't see European teams completely sandbagging Euro qualification.

This is just a tournament... has no huge impact on anything other than bragging rights. Plus, this gives inexperienced guys a shot to show what they are capable of. I'd like to see Slonina start the next two games in net and see Jalen Neal and Bryan Reynolds in the back vs Long and Miazga. I'd like to see Busio, Moris, Mihailovic, Cowell, Vazquez... vs Roldan and Morris. I don't care if we win the cup... want to see what the young guys offer. Copa next summer will be the next test. We know who are A team is, so it's just a matter of finding the rest of the squad and getting them prepared... some of these guys could pass A teamers before the WC. You never know.

Honest question. Why does the USMNT feel the need to develop such a deep pool? We have Turner starting and hopefully Robinson the rest of the way as A Team guys. We have a ton of reserves that are B team guys. Then guys that I would consider C or D team to round out the roster.

So why?

Our A team doesn’t get reps in group stage games. We play a few friendlies, especially in Europe, with them, Nations League which is spread out, and qualifiers (which won't even matter next time).

I don't see European teams completely sandbagging Euro qualification.

I would consider this team an B- team or C plus team at best. The US had a lot of players who should be on this roster who are injured. Preseason for the club teams will be starting soon, so it's nice for those players to get a break. There are also lot of players who maybe moving clubs this off season.

I would consider this team an B- team or C plus team at best. The US had a lot of players who should be on this roster who are injured. Preseason for the club teams will be starting soon, so it's nice for those players to get a break. There are also lot of players who maybe moving clubs this off season.

Again, I understand that but Euro guys are still playing.

I also totally agree with B-/C+... at best.

Just an FYI if any of you are watching Jamaica blast T&T. Demarai Gray switching from England was a big pick up for them:

Reactions: seminoleed
Dr Evil Laser GIF

I watched prelims. Good for St. Kitts & Nevis making their first Gold Cup, but they were lucky a superior French Guiana choked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT